Jump to content

Patch Notes - 1.4.222.0 - 28-Jan-2020


65 replies to this topic

#21 whatever it takes

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:37 AM

MWO Community after every patch: Where are actually decent updates? Where is heatbug fix? Will you make group queue GREAT AGAIN? When River City water will stop frying brains of mine PC? When will you fix the terrain on maps?
PGI:


#22 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:54 AM

In fairness, most Forumwarriors hardly even play the game and just come here to whine, b*tch and moan about PGI's percieved lack of interest in what the playerbase says.

They literally just launched MW5 LAST MONTH, are working constantly to bugfix it and don't have a massive company of hundreds of people. the fact there even IS a MWO patch means they've been paying attention to us.

Swear to god, only place I've ever seen a saltier forum than MWO's is the League of Legends one.

Edited by Arkhangel, 28 January 2020 - 03:54 AM.


#23 Humble Dexter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:09 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 January 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

You've used Season 4's warhorn three times, now...

They were busy launching MW5, so it's going to be pink again...

Although if you look closely, the number of the season is written on them, so each season it's a slightly different pink warhorn.

View Postwhatever it takes, on 28 January 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

When River City water will stop frying brains of mine PC ?

You probably mean Solaris City instead of River City.

One thing I'd like to see from PGI : Create a new "to do" list for MWO, like they did before.

No programming skills required, just one guy in charge of collecting and organizing things.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 28 January 2020 - 04:25 AM.


#24 tee5

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:45 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 January 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

....
What heat bug?

Surely you don't mean the one that has been around since 2017, the one that gave us a balance pass for a heat-spike due to side torso loss... That didn't fix anything.
....


Äh no. The heat bug can come at anytime. Has nothing to do with a side-torso loss. The heat of your mech only goes very slowly down. Had the heat-bug once in a Summoner with dual PPC which is one of the coolest mechs. Two shots and I was nearly at overheat, and it took like 1 minute to get the heat down.

I am astonished that you never heard of that. Normally you know everything.

#25 whatever it takes

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:18 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 28 January 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

You probably mean Solaris City instead of River City.

I mean what i mean. Water on River City is f****d up, every time i get this map, my stable 80-100 fps dramatically turns into 40-80 with huge spikes going all over the place. But Solaris is also really ****** actually in terms of optimization.

#26 -Winter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:49 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 January 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

In fairness, most Forumwarriors hardly even play the game and just come here to whine, b*tch and moan about PGI's percieved lack of interest in what the playerbase says.

They literally just launched MW5 LAST MONTH, are working constantly to bugfix it and don't have a massive company of hundreds of people. the fact there even IS a MWO patch means they've been paying attention to us.

Swear to god, only place I've ever seen a saltier forum than MWO's is the League of Legends one.


They aren't working on fixing MW5 lol... the community is fixing MW5. Without guys like Navid that game would die an early death. Why the community that you seem to think is such **** even bothers to improve on PGI mistakes I don't know.

#27 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

View PostWinter VII, on 28 January 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:


They aren't working on fixing MW5 lol... the community is fixing MW5. Without guys like Navid that game would die an early death. Why the community that you seem to think is such **** even bothers to improve on PGI mistakes I don't know.


Forumwarriors aren't the community :P they just think they are.

#28 Verilligo

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 703 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

View Posttee5, on 28 January 2020 - 04:45 AM, said:

Äh no. The heat bug can come at anytime. Has nothing to do with a side-torso loss. The heat of your mech only goes very slowly down. Had the heat-bug once in a Summoner with dual PPC which is one of the coolest mechs. Two shots and I was nearly at overheat, and it took like 1 minute to get the heat down.

I am astonished that you never heard of that. Normally you know everything.

I suggest you re-read his message in the most sarcastic voice you possibly can.

#29 whatever it takes

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:58 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 January 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

Forumwarriors aren't the community Posted Image they just think they are.

https://leaderboard....rch?u=Arkhangel


>literally plays 20-40 games a months
>says smth about forum warriors and people not playing the game but whining.

Edited by whatever it takes, 28 January 2020 - 07:58 AM.


#30 Hellfire666

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 January 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

In fairness, most Forumwarriors hardly even play the game and just come here to whine, b*tch and moan about PGI's percieved lack of interest in what the playerbase says.

They literally just launched MW5 LAST MONTH, are working constantly to bugfix it and don't have a massive company of hundreds of people. the fact there even IS a MWO patch means they've been paying attention to us.

Swear to god, only place I've ever seen a saltier forum than MWO's is the League of Legends one.


Well, after years of playing daily I stopped. Why you ask? ZERO new content in months and no plans on doing anything with the game. The massive drop in the player base just makes the matches get worse due to the huge skill gaps in players and a **** MM system. Plenty of suggestions have been made and PGI routinely ignores them or implements the exact opposite.

PGI has earned the salt being slung at them for abandoning MWO and putting out the half baked mess that is MW5.

View Postwhatever it takes, on 28 January 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

https://leaderboard....rch?u=Arkhangel

>literally plays 20-40 games a months
>says smth about forum warriors and people not playing the game but whining.


Player status: Retired

Last matches played were in May of 19

Complains about "ForumWarriors that don't play"

Pot meet kettle?

Edited by Hellfire666, 28 January 2020 - 08:18 AM.


#31 TheUltimateGhost

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:43 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 28 January 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

They were busy launching MW5, so it's going to be pink again...

Although if you look closely, the number of the season is written on them, so each season it's a slightly different pink warhorn.

They could just reuse one of the others again though

#32 Belmenel

    Member

  • Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

I still can't quickplay with a small group? WTF is wrong with the devs here? LITERALLY unplayable with friends, and nothing. Get your **** together, devs.

#33 Humble Dexter

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 28 January 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

They could just reuse one of the others again though

They could just change the color of each season from pink to... just about anything else.

But sure enough it's the same pink color again. At least there was a reason this time.

#34 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,849 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

View PostBelmenel, on 28 January 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

I still can't quickplay with a small group? WTF is wrong with the devs here? LITERALLY unplayable with friends, and nothing. Get your **** together, devs.


you can play faction play with a small group of friends, they can't force people to play quickplay group que, what exactly do you expect them to do?

#35 Rebel Ace Fryslan

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:56 AM

More then i expected, i didn't expect more then a solaris reset or so.

I do hope you are active with MWO on the unreal engine.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 28 January 2020 - 11:58 AM.


#36 Mikhastos

    Rookie

  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

It would be better to fix the quick play so that you can go in groups of 2 or more people.

#37 Charles Sennet

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 321 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:42 PM

Many of us were hoping to read about Domination finally being removed from FP.

#38 Sniper09121986

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 28 January 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

I do hope you are active with MWO on the unreal engine.


The CryMeARiverEngine license agreement forbids switching to a different engine. And before anybody remembers (not), the Necrosoft license for Mechwarrior franchise to PGI expires, well, sometime soon. That is why they wanted a single-player game, because it is only released once. That being said, HBS does hold some rights for Battletech trademark, the studios did cooperate pretty closely during the development of both games, and PGI will still have mouths to feed and bills to pay, sssooooo... Posted Image

#39 C337Skymaster

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 28 January 2020 - 04:09 AM, said:

They were busy launching MW5, so it's going to be pink again...

Although if you look closely, the number of the season is written on them, so each season it's a slightly different pink warhorn.




And it was. Honestly, I don't care that they keep relabeling and reusing one of the old Solaris warhorns, but make it the best one, instead of the most recent one. Posted Image The Season 1 warhorn sounds beautiful, looks sweet, and I only got one of them because the competition was fierce. (Admittedly, I've only gotten one of each because my level of caring has gone down on par with the rest of the community, but I still make a point of getting at least one warhorn every season Posted Image ). That trumpet fanfare is music to my ears, while the rest of them have just been harsh noise. I want moooaaaar!! Posted Image

Edited by C337Skymaster, 28 January 2020 - 02:09 PM.


#40 C337Skymaster

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 28 January 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

The CryMeARiverEngine license agreement forbids switching to a different engine. And before anybody remembers (not), the Necrosoft license for Mechwarrior franchise to PGI expires, well, sometime soon. That is why they wanted a single-player game, because it is only released once. That being said, HBS does hold some rights for Battletech trademark, the studios did cooperate pretty closely during the development of both games, and PGI will still have mouths to feed and bills to pay, sssooooo... Posted Image


Actually, that's a good point. Wasn't that supposedly first quarter of this year, or something like that? Basically, they're "up for renewal" if I understand correctly, and the success or failure of MW5 will weigh heavily on Microsoft's decision to renew or not (and it sounds like it's completely up to Microsoft as the IP owner). I wonder if the artificially boosted "sales" from the Epic deal will have any bearing on that...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users