A New "feature" With No Development Time: Just Cull Your Siege Mode

4 replies to this topic

#1 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

It is time to admit it. This mode was never balanced. The defenders' team have all the advanatages. The attackers have none. The clans with the longest range and high alpha weaponry make it even worse. Your "game designer" who came up with this is an amateur at best (I can only hope that he is laid off to prevent further damage). This mode sucks. It's terrible, unbalanced and boring at the same time. It just ruins the game and makes it "unfun" to play, regardless of the side.

Just kill it, forget it and never look back. Thank you.

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

Or go for 2 Stars Clan (2x5) aganist 3 Lances (3x4) as it actually should be because Zellbrigen! And I have not even started how the Clan pilots should actually be enforced to play by Clan rules of engadgement like only fight against one specific enemy until it's ded and only then moving to the next one. Hell, in some Clans even targeting another target other than your own dedicatd one was frowned upon (or worse).

If you want to make Faction War that tiny bit more lore-y and less arcade-y, go at least with the 10 Clans against 12 IS. And maybe heavily reward specific Clan-like engagement to encourage Clan rules of engagement.

#3 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:28 AM

No. If anything give us MORE stuff like siege, I find it more engaging than QP/NScar, as do many others.

Siege is the most fun you can have in a mech without a copilot. It's balanced enough, in fact it's balanced very well considering it's an asymmetric mode and PGI are responsible for it. It requires skill, coordination and acceptance of your own mech's mortality.

10 VS 12 is unfair given the state of "balance" is geared towards equivalence for QP, and you can't force "lore" combat in a game like this.

Though I'll agree that faction loyalty rewards are mostly tripe and could be both more generous and themic..

Have you been pug dropping? Maybe you guys need to try dropping with an organised group or something? Will have a better experience. It's not true try hard mode, but it's certainly "try harder than QP" mode.

If you're doing everything right, so to speak, but still just don't like the mode, fair enough, I guess, but I and many others will disagree with you about its place in the game.

#4 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

k

#5 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:21 AM