Walking On The Border Wall In Hpg Manifold?

29 replies to this topic

#1 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

I need to ask, is there a known way to walk up there with a JaegerMech or is something worth attention from devs?

Video available.

#2 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:55 AM

There is a way to get mechs up there. Saw someone get their warhawk up once :D

#3 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

You can get up there by scaling the mountain connecting to the wall near the spawn points and walking quickly through some areas that are out of bounds.

#4 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Thanks.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

Yep try it out in the training ground . Just a warning there is very little cover for large mechs.

#6 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 23 April 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

You can get up there by scaling the mountain connecting to the wall near the spawn points and walking quickly through some areas that are out of bounds.

ahh so that's how they do it... I only got up there on the other side in my flying spider once.. Now at least i know how to try to get up there and catch that last bugger snipping at the end of matches now.. thanks!

#7 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

You gotta be fast about it, though... or you'll kill yourself in the out of bounds area.

#8 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

Take ECM on the wall or don't go at all.

#9 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

When you get up there...

Gotta quote this.

#10 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

So, in other words, any mech that gets up there that doesn't have jumpjets is exploiting by using out-of-bounds. Good to know, and I'll make use of the report feature.

https://en.wikipedia...t_(video_gaming)

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.["

#11 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

It's not really worth reporting. Given the layout of HPG, someone on the wall is doing the enemy team a favor. It's goofy thing you can do, but it doesn't really afford much of an advantage.

The "exploit" has been there so long that the only way for it to still be there is by PGI's willingness to leave it. It's a waste of your reports, and you only get so many a day. Save them for people who engage in petty bickering :P

#12 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,531 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostCoolant, on 23 April 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

So, in other words, any mech that gets up there that doesn't have jumpjets is exploiting by using out-of-bounds. Good to know, and I'll make use of the report feature.

Technically you can get on the wall without exploiting out-of-bounds, you just can't get very far because certain portions of the wall count as out of bounds (very small parts mind you).

#13 Salticidae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostLord0fHats, on 23 April 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

It's not really worth reporting. Given the layout of HPG, someone on the wall is doing the enemy team a favor. It's goofy thing you can do, but it doesn't really afford much of an advantage.

The "exploit" has been there so long that the only way for it to still be there is by PGI's willingness to leave it. It's a waste of your reports, and you only get so many a day. Save them for people who engage in petty bickering :P

It's not a goofy thing to do, I have had many 1000+ Damage games on that wall with my shadowcat. You can get behind the enemy team strip their rear armour off, then you have 4-5 people turning around looking for you, it's a great distraction.

Edited by Evi1ution, 23 April 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

there are a couple places you can walk up there without jets. i think they both require going slightly out of bounds. but it would be nice if there were a couple of official ramps up there. if the map ever gets expanded id have no problem throwing those in. of course its one of the more fun maps in the game and id hate to see it ruined.

#15 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

https://en.wikipedia...t_(video_gaming)

"In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.["

Wow really? a T1 founder who cant handle three dimensional play? what? do you want a big flat map to just walk everywhere with no point for jumpjets or ANY kind of tactical play at all? So what if someone got a fat mech up there, shoot it or move, there is plenty of cover on that map.

Are you going to report the next mech who climbs candy mountain in crimson or the middle volcano in terra too?

#16 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:37 PM

Coolant, the important phrase is "to their advantage". There is no advantage to going up there in a slow mech without ECM. If you think it's unfair, go ahead and give it a try. You will get torn apart. Everyone can have the same advantage, so it is NOT a bug or unfair exploit.

#17 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostLord0fHats, on 23 April 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

I totally disagree. I've had great games up on the wall with both my Shadow Cat and Arctic Cheetah. You can be such a massive pain in the butt, literally, as to cause confusion, movement from strategically strong positions, wasted return fire, etc. I think the position is really strong if used correctly.

#18 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 23 April 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

ahh so that's how they do it... I only got up there on the other side in my flying spider once.. Now at least i know how to try to get up there and catch that last bugger snipping at the end of matches now.. thanks!

No, no, no, no, NO.... NO.

EDIT: Skip to around 4:25 for the meat of it. You can get even the most sluggish of mechs up there without going out of bounds.

Edited by Escef, 23 April 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#19 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

I totally disagree. I've had great games up on the wall with both my Shadow Cat and Arctic Cheetah. You can be such a massive pain in the butt, literally, as to cause confusion, movement from strategically strong positions, wasted return fire, etc. I think the position is really strong if used correctly.

The position is great against people who have no discipline and no sense of target priority or positioning. Not to mention that most of the time, targets will be outside optimal range or angled such that they can't be hit. The one mech I saw that could really use that position was the old super sniper Raven before the quirks were nerfed, and even then it was debatable.

A Jagermech, or Warhawk that I once saw up there, is just goofy :D

#20 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Considering the game designers explicitly allowed players to go out of bounds for up to 10 seconds, I'm pretty sure you can't say it's "unintended" for the player to go out of bounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users