26 replies to this topic

#21 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

I've still got a perfect solaris record unbeaten. Just not my mode.

#22 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

View PostIndustryMerc, on 08 February 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

So I am a causual Mwo player.. and tried out this solaris 7 for the events/achievements/unlocks.. and I am beyond confused AF.. my first match i must select one of 7 trial mechs.. no other options..
Check where the mechs you own are classified according to https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

THEY HAVE THEIR OWN MECHS???? WTF i am forced into random trial mechs and they get to use a mech that is clearly not a trial mech??
Because they had a mech that qualified for that division.

really confused here.. is there some secrete menu or shortcut.. do you have to dreg it up and get level 2 on a sponser before you are allowed to use your own mech???
Click the "Select mech" button for the corresponding division.
If none of your owned mechs appear in any of the divisions then you've most likely mucked up the mech selection filters. Note how I have them set up in the second screenshot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

even if so why am I being matched against someone allowed to use their own mech and I am forced to use some random trial mech???
Because the game had to match someone with someone else?

Checked forums.. saw one saying you were supposed to be able to use your own mechs.. and clearly someone is using their own mech.. however in practice in game it does not work for me at all.. I have 1 mech from each chasis available.. maybe only innner sphere mechs are allowed and since I have all clan mechs??
Both clan and IS mechs are allowed.

View PostIndustryMerc, on 08 February 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Is a division like a skill thigy.. which one is better.. which one is worse.. why is there no tutorial on this??
It's like different tiers of Formula racing. Mechs that overperform in a division are bumped up. Mechs that underperform are bumped down.

Edited by Horseman, 09 February 2020 - 02:45 AM.

#23 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 February 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

...we need a 20 lap thread for discussing the intricacies of dual rotations.

Hello good sir, I can't help but notice you are discussing the Nascar tactic. Did you know that it has a one hundred percent rate of success?

#24 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

If you use the "Store" from the Solaris screen (not the one from the Quick Play screen), you can display all the mechs available for each Division separately.

Also if you check the Solaris "Leaderboard", you can check which mechs the top Players are using

So lets say Division 1 : Odds are you'll find an Annihilator at the top of it, or should I say a whole bunch of Annihilators all over the top 20 of that Division (and the occasional UltraViolet 8xac2 Dire Wolf Hero mech).

Edited by Humble Dexter, 09 February 2020 - 09:18 AM.

#25 pepe Le Peww

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

There's a post about the brackets in the Solaris forum.

To be honest, the bracketing doesn't make much sense for most of the mechs. Basically they move mechs up or down based on how folks do in those mechs. But in particular someone posted about the divisions for the WLF chasis and they are in 3 different divisions, despite being fairly similar. I mean one WLF will not be that different from another, at least not to the degree they would all be different from say a Kodiak to any of them. Yet the Kodiak is in the same division as some of the WLFs.

For the casual folks like us with less than 10 chassis, I'd say don't bother with Solaris. There are a few chassis that probably make sense for the various divisions and have good builds, while others which are strewn about in different divisions, just don't make sense.

#26 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

View Postpepe Le Peww, on 09 February 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

There's a post about the brackets in the Solaris forum.

To be honest, the bracketing doesn't make much sense for most of the mechs. Basically they move mechs up or down based on how folks do in those mechs. But in particular someone posted about the divisions for the WLF chasis and they are in 3 different divisions, despite being fairly similar. I mean one WLF will not be that different from another, at least not to the degree they would all be different from say a Kodiak to any of them. Yet the Kodiak is in the same division as some of the WLFs.

For the casual folks like us with less than 10 chassis, I'd say don't bother with Solaris. There are a few chassis that probably make sense for the various divisions and have good builds, while others which are strewn about in different divisions, just don't make sense.

Yup there are some 'Mechs in divisions that are just mathematically better choices to run, and if you don't you will simply die. I played in the first season and after much discovery, found that the Warhawk was the undisputed king of division 2. It's a quick 'Mech that can pack 2 LB20-Xs and 3 SRM 6s in a small frame that can either blow your centre torso or aim down and blow out your legs. Because of the short, single target nature of Solaris an otherwise ammo starved build became almost unbeatable. Nothing could match it, you cannot vote out all of the brawler friendly maps, you cannot outrange it because it is fast, you cannot out dps it because it won't overheat before it deals critical damage to its opponent, and nothing else in that division could pack that much damage in a single strike.

Sadly I only had a couple of evenings to run it but I reached the top 500 and I won something like 2.5 times more games than I lost. My strategy was always the same - rush at the enemy and alpha, then twist back and forth while counting to 4 mississippis, on the fourth mississippi alpha again.

Since s1, the Warhawk got moved to division 1, where I imagine it gets deleted by Annihilators.

#27 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:57 AM

There is a reason Solaris7 is empty outside of events.
During events, when a lot of bad players with unoptimized builds play there, a casual player like myself can get the challenges done. If you lose a lot you will be matched to other player with bad W/L too, so you will get a chance. It just may take a few frustrating rounds till you do.

It is a really bad game mode - I am not one of those to constantly bash PGI, not at all, but I really don’t know what they were smoking when they decided to do this Solaris7.

I don’t think I’ll even bother this time. Not worth my short game time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users