24 replies to this topic

#21 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

As it stands now, I only vote for Conquest, and against maps I truly truly hate. The rest of the time I save my multiplier for when I really don't feel like seeing another Solaris or Mining. I would be thrilled with random maps/modes. Force people to play Conquest, force people outside of the endless Solaris/Mining loop I've been stuck in forever- yeah I'm down.

I don't want to be able to choose my mech after I know the map- that's unfairly weighted towards those of us with more mech choices, and it won't really make for better matches, it'll just make it feel like FP stomps in QP- when one side pays attention and switches to proper mechs and the other has a few more alt-tabbed guys or newbies without mech choices.

I just would love to see more variety, and player votes aren't producing it. The maps I absolutely loathe are apparently quite popular, for reasons I'll never understand, so any chance of taking the ability to vote for them out of people's hands and I'd be thrilled. I'd also be thrilled if the planets that Mining and Solaris are on would get nuked into glass from orbit, so I'd never have to see them again, particularly Solaris with it's 20+ year old graphics.

#22 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Even random maps and random game modes would be an improvement over the current voting system.

#23 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 February 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

No Mech selection after Map selection.

It would just turn into a LARGER LRMFest on longer range maps than it already it.

No one wants that.

I agree.

In my opinion it would be like in the beginnings of the game: Ten Lurmers in both teams. A typical QP player has his love to LRMs coded deep in his heart. Posted Image

View PostVxheous, on 14 February 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

It might......or it might end up being completely countered by people stacking multiple ECM/AMS

Why use AMS/ECM if you can add more LRMs instead? See above. Posted Image

or massed lightsabers at 1100m completely negating LRMs....I dont know, I could go either way on a mech select after map select.

Your typical QP player wants to deal damage, but hates taking it, even if it is just a miniscule amount. ER Large lasers mean that he would have to show up and risk taking some fire. LRMs are nuch much much better since they can be fired indirectly.

Would actually allow me to potentially play something other than a fast(er) dps mech that can keep pace with pusha pusha pusha nascar.

Take your favorite LRM-Supernova, fill it with missiles to the brim and give it a try. You know you want it! Posted Image

#24 Kusok Myasa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

Map selection is fine.

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:44 AM

View PostKodyn, on 15 February 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

As it stands now, I only vote for Conquest, and against maps I truly truly hate.

I vote for Conquest and Incursion, even though I know that Incursion has many flaws. But at least Incursion offers something else than the infinite boredom of Assault and Skirmish.

I would be thrilled with random maps/modes.

I agree.

I'd also be thrilled if the planets that Mining and Solaris are on would get nuked into glass from orbit, so I'd never have to see them again,

Our Free Worlds League Navy took care about it in 2820, but unfortunately we used orbital artillery only, not full-fledged nukes. Maybe the next time ...

particularly Solaris with it's 20+ year old graphics.

You are right again. It's like playing Tron 2.0 Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users