#101 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 11 March 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

2 things I have to say about this "event":
1. Prizes do not meet the requirements for receiving them - need to spend a lot of time for "simple" mech, that can be purchased with MC.
2. The hardest part - spend all that time playing and that's bad - no real challenge, just sad grind...
P.S. Yes, ofcourse - "thanks for the event" but it's a shame that it is exactly what it is… IMHO.

Free stuff is free stuff bro . The lootbag accumulation is the true prize .
The grand prize is a you have no life prize .

I am glad i wont be annoyed if i dont make the quota . I can buy my grand prize anytime i wish with my current resources .

Whats the problem ?

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 18 March 2020 - 01:53 AM.

#102 Kurayami88

Rookie

• Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:21 AM

any recommendations on which grand prize to pick? or are they all kind of mehhhh?

#103 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:27 AM

View PostKurayami88, on 18 March 2020 - 04:21 AM, said:

any recommendations on which grand prize to pick? or are they all kind of mehhhh?

As far as I understand they are all available for CBills. So unless there is one you need or want, check prices in store, pick the most expensive one (tends to be assaults), strip it down for parts and sell it.

#104 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:38 AM

I think the best return for your grind would be the MAD-9M, mech-wise, heavily depending on your playstyle and prefs, ofc. CBill-wise it should be the EXE-C.

#105 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 18 March 2020 - 04:38 AM, said:

I think the best return for your grind would be the MAD-9M, mech-wise, heavily depending on your playstyle and prefs, ofc. CBill-wise it should be the EXE-C.

tbqh, MAD-9M is among the worse mechs on the list.

recommendations would be LBK, HBR, VTR and SMN

#106 Kurayami88

Rookie

• Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:40 AM

experienced many playstyle... but mostly is for pug games...as some style doesn't suit faction play...

my top 3 styles so far...
glass canon -> PIR-Cipher
dakka suppression + overpower // support -> Cyclops-Sleipnir / MX-90 Mauler works too // Corsair-7A (4 AMS)
pintpoint accuracy + headshot? (laser gauss) -> MCII-2 // BAS-B (but clumsy due to arm mount, frequently hits terrain)

honorable mentions
ATM boat -> SHC-PRIME // VGL-3... but ATMs not effective in all maps.. and especially with heavy AMS opposite team...

all are damage dealer play style? i prefer aggro sustained firefight rather than those builds that runs out of breath in 1-2 alphas and needs to hide...

so far i think non of the reward mech is appealing to me....

#107 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:05 AM

so far i think non of the reward mech is appealing to me....

Well then choose the most expensive one and sell it keeping the free bee mechbay

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 18 March 2020 - 07:06 AM.

#108 Nacho Gun

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:06 AM

Question and yes this is how new I am to this and events. Does "Match Loot Bags" mean what I think it does, do everything required below and get PCI doubles the loot bag rewards?

#109 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostNacho Gun, on 19 March 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

Question and yes this is how new I am to this and events. Does "Match Loot Bags" mean what I think it does, do everything required below and get PCI doubles the loot bag rewards?

The bags are rewarded for every 500 points of cumulative score (or damage) during the event. It doesn't matter if you score 500 points in one match or 50 points in ten, either of those gets you a bag.

#110 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 09 March 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

I want to say thanks to the PGI for this event. But I remain of the opinion that the balance of “tasks / available time for execution” is violated. Violated even now, despite the fact that we were given extra time to complete event.

I have to admit that I strongly agree with Voice.
This event is the first one I have played that I felt I could not achieve the prize before it even started.
And the grind hours are so high that even if I were able to get to the end, I feel I would be sick of playing for a long time afterwords.
NOTE: For those of you who are setting up the parameters for these events, it's called BURN OUT.
In this topic I have read other players who are keeping up with the grind by 'playing all day'.
This is not realistic for the average player who is lucky to be able to log in for 2 to 3hr a day.
It would be considerate if the event host could modify the requirements to accommodate players who can't possibly complete the grind, due to Life.
I'm not requesting a giveaway, because that would not be fair to the players who have the ability to "play all day", and have already put the time into the grind.
Just Have A Heart.
Peace

#111 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 19 March 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

I have to admit that I strongly agree with Voice.
This event is the first one I have played that I felt I could not achieve the prize before it even started.
And the grind hours are so high that even if I were able to get to the end, I feel I would be sick of playing for a long time afterwords.
NOTE: For those of you who are setting up the parameters for these events, it's called BURN OUT.
In this topic I have read other players who are keeping up with the grind by 'playing all day'.
This is not realistic for the average player who is lucky to be able to log in for 2 to 3hr a day.
It would be considerate if the event host could modify the requirements to accommodate players who can't possibly complete the grind, due to Life.
I'm not requesting a giveaway, because that would not be fair to the players who have the ability to "play all day", and have already put the time into the grind.
Just Have A Heart.
Peace

I agree... I am too casual of a player to even consider getting this done. Having said that, I am still okay and appreciate the fact that I might be picking up a few loot bags here and there when I do get an evening to run a game or six.

#112 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:49 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 March 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

First!

What did i tell you about damage events? Huh?
Don´t do them!
90% lurmers and team damage increases by 1.200%.

#113 Nacho Gun

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:17 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 March 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

The bags are rewarded for every 500 points of cumulative score (or damage) during the event. It doesn't matter if you score 500 points in one match or 50 points in ten, either of those gets you a bag.

Maybe I reading into this which is what I am trying to figure out...
Match Loot Bags

Phase 1
  • Earn 1 Loot Bag every 500 match score you accumulate
  • Accumulate a total Match score of 75,000 to earn up to 150 Loot Bags in Phase 1
  • PLUS complete Phase 1 Challenges - Cockpit items
  • Start: Mar 5th, 2020 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Mar 6th, 2020 12:00:00 AM (UTC)
  • End: Mar 24th, 2020 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Mar 25th, 2020 12:00:00 AM (UTC)
Phase 2
  • Earn a Loot Bag for every 500 Damage you accumulate
  • Accumulate a Damage total of 75,000 to earn up to 150 Loot bags
  • Start: Mar 12th, 2020 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Mar 13th, 2020 12:00:00 AM (UTC)
  • End: Mar 24th, 2020 5:00:00 PM (PDT) / Mar 25th, 2020 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

The way I read this is if you do and complete all of the above, (note the things like "PLUS"), your loot bags will be matched? They do not refer to this event as a match in any other locations.

Like I said, I could be reading into this.

Also let me state the amount of time required to complete this event is insane. Maybe for events mechs need to have a (E) designation and perhaps have like 15% C-Bills and 15% XP bonus. Just an idea

#114 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

You're reading into this. They only mean "earn loot bags by playing matches"

#115 SteamingManure

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:03 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 18 March 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

Free stuff is free stuff bro . The lootbag accumulation is the true prize .
The grand prize is a you have no life prize .

I am glad i wont be annoyed if i dont make the quota . I can buy my grand prize anytime i wish with my current resources .

Whats the problem ?

The problem is the rewards are not in line with other events. For example, the very same event last year (as well as all the previous similar events last year - i.e. with loot bags), had much lower match score requirements. The damage one is ok - though still higher, but the match score one is double what it was in all previous events.

Likewise, the reward mechs are run of the mill mechs, whereas in previous similar events they were all special variants.

You can check out all the previous events on their events page, just click through them and compare.

I should add that events in most games reward you with something you can't otherwise get, that is the draw to the event. Awarding run of the mill C-Bill mechs especially for double the grind, is not the proper approach.

Edited by SteamingManure, 21 March 2020 - 10:16 AM.

#116 Nacho Gun

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Just gonna say as someone who just finished the 75000 Score and Damage.. Holy crap, words cannot express how much work that took.

(On a sad note)
It honestly took more work for me to complete this event then I do for my job.

Edited by Nacho Gun, 21 March 2020 - 10:50 AM.

#117 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:54 AM

Matt my sweet sugar pie, let´s talk about this event.
Was it your intention that most MWO players can´t complete the event? Or even get the free mech?
Or did you really think this event is doable by everybody?
Let´s look at the facts:
75.000 match score.
The average match score in MWO is around 200. That´s 375 games to reach that 75.000 match score. 10-15 minutes for a QP game. So the average player needs 62 to 94 hours to complete the event.
The given time was 19 days, if i´m not mistaken. That´s 3 to 5 hours per day! For the average player. Average means that 50% of the players have a match score of less than 200 per game.
Players with an average match score of 100 would have to play 6 to 10 hours per day to complete the event or to get the free mech with 250 loot bags.

I don´t have a problem with this event. The big question is, is this the right way to keep the players in this dying game?

Edited by Wishmast3r, 24 March 2020 - 02:14 AM.

#118 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

2 days left and people start to freak out. We have come from 90% nascar to 100% nascar, 100% stomps and nobody giving a **** about team damage.

#119 BIG BOSS Tom Kane

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

I'm really sorry, I can't complete this event because I have to work and live in addition to playing games. If there is no new event, I hope this event can be extended for another 4 to 5 days. thank you very much.

#120 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:14 PM

Probably not going to get a grand prize due to time constraints but I got over 300 GSPs through the event so I am pleased with all of the mechs I have to level up still.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users