Mechwarrior 5 Needs To Be Able To Work With Target Joystick Profiler...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:06 PM

MechWarrior 5 needs to be able to work with Thrustmaster's TARGET Joystick Profiler, like MWO does. This allows MW5 players to map Response Curves to any joystick axis on any Thrustmaster device. As well as any buttons and macros.

At the very least MechWarrior 5 will need it's own response curve mapping because aiming in MechWarrior 5 is pretty abysmal compared to aiming in MWO. MWO's joystick with TARGET support is spot on and top notch. Best ever. I would rather have that than the Unreal Engine. It's a Big deal. Seems like it would be an easy thing to add.

Edited by Lightfoot, 08 March 2020 - 11:09 PM.

#2 MuKen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

I can't create response curves, but have you tried absolute position aiming? My mod/app enables that at least

https://mwomercs.com...on-mod-and-app/

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

i posted this in the other thread. might be relevant.

View PostLordNothing, on 10 March 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

does target use a virtual driver like ch control manager does? i know to get the ch virtual sticks to show up, i need to use a different device id than the actual hardware (vid is the same though). i figure you can try to activate a target profile and then check the device manager for target devices. if you find one see if the device ids match the hotas.remap profile. if it doesn't a new profile could be created for that device. ive never used target before so idk.

#4 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:19 AM

@Muken,

I may try that, but I know my stick RZ rotation snaps back and I use this like a turret control turn for the mech's upper torso. X-axis is my Mech-Turn. So in a standard battle I set the torso turn and it holds position until I turn it the other way. That way you fine tune aim with your Mech-Turn and Elevation. It's very accurate and can track moving targets smoothly. The Curves sets it so that small throws of the joystick move the crosshairs very slowly and full throws move the crosshairs very fast. So, very easy to aim. MW5 joystick is kind of clunky at the moment.

@LordNothing

Well for one thing, MWO doesn't respond to the T16000m without TARGET running and many games are like this. MW4 sees the T16000m, but not TARGET. MW3 sees both, with or without. Same for Rise of Flight, it also sees both.

Edited by Lightfoot, 13 March 2020 - 09:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users