C.a.s.e Doesn't Prevent Hgr Explosion From Tearing Your St Off?

26 replies to this topic

#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:52 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 20 March 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

In MWO they lowered the crit chances for everything to the point where it's nearly impossible to have happen, and they changed how ammo explosions work so you have to first get a crit on the ammo, and then roll rng dice to see if the ammo cooks off or is simply unusable. I'm not sure what the numbers are, but the .5 ton will probably be better spent elsewhere in the majority of the matches you play.

Crits happen all the time? What rubbish. Equipment gets crit out constantly since the hit point change of equipment 3 years back or so.

Ammo crits are less yes, however they can happen. Albeit it not often enough to ever justify CASE.

#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:14 PM

Also on the build... JJ is crucial in damage spreading. You MUST have one.

As for builds, another option BOUNTY HUNTER II

#23 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 March 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Cheers.

Can also give this a go. It's going to run hot due to the pulses, but you'll hit like a truck and trade pretty well with most other mechs. Just don't go brawl happy with it. Use the assaults as a cover since they're going to be more of an immediate threat to the enemy team.

https://mech.nav-alp...21003ab_MAD-BH2

Edit - Ash is right, if you can fit at least one jump jet in, do it. Flutter those damn things when you're getting shot at.

And yeah, CASE isn't going to be helpful for gauss anyways.

Edit edit - I also goofed on ammo placement. Put a ton under the gauss, better to have the ammo crit first if it can be helped.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 20 March 2020 - 09:23 PM.

#24 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 20 March 2020 - 05:35 AM, said:

It doesn't stop the HGR/Ammo exploding and doing damage to your ST, it stops excess damage transferring to the CT if that section is destroyed in the process.

I don't believe any gaus ammo explodes, just the rifle.

#25 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

View Postmartian, on 20 March 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

Personally I use C.A.S.E. on one or two of my 'Mechs - on Orion, for example. My typical Orion builds need a lot of ammo. After succumbing to ammo explosions a few times, I decided to use C.A.S.E. in combination with standard engine. Now it is much better: I can lose the right torso with Autocannon, but fight with missiles and lasers, or I can lose the left torso with missiles and fight with Autocannon and lasers.

I prefer keeping 2/3 of my 'Mech alive and kicking before being dead.

Even with a damaged 'Mech I can still fight, spot, launch UAV or use Artillery Strike.

Some people might disagree with my design choice, but I am okay with it.

I agree, but it's also so rare that I can see why the mainstream opinion is that CASE is a waste of tonnage.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 March 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

Crits happen all the time? What rubbish. Equipment gets crit out constantly since the hit point change of equipment 3 years back or so.

Ammo crits are less yes, however they can happen. Albeit it not often enough to ever justify CASE.

If you're not getting shot by MGs, you'll probably lose the component before you lose equipment to crits in my experience. Ammo basically has to get "crit twice". Not saying it can't happen, just saying that they changed it so that an ammo crit doesn't automatically equal an ammo detonation.

#26 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:31 PM

Yep, total waste. Dunno of any build where I've got a half ton and one slot leftover that case would be useful. Maybe an Anni, but nah. I'd rather throw in an AMS than equip case.

#27 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

Thanks, guys. I've squeezed in a JJ in my OG build of 6 MLs and HGR. As for the MPLs, I had that but with AC20 back when I first bought the mech (I think I was in T3 or something and once I skilled it up, I never tried that mech again until now). I'll try them both and see how it goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users