6 replies to this topic

#1 Shiloh Bane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Ky

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:27 AM

With there being no sports on to watch during this historic period, why not take the chance/ opportunity to branch out.

I have no idea of the difficulty, but why not contact ESPN and see if they want to televise Solaris 7 League matches?

Record them to allow editing, and any censoring, and let ESPN package them for broadcast.

Participants for the initial sessions could be paid in either MC or Premium Time and then you could figure out something else if it takes off.

Overwatch and Fallout are both televised wityh league play, so why not MWO?

This would be excellent advertising for MWO, Piranha games, MW5 and the whole Battletech universe.

#2 Shiloh Bane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Ky

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:09 AM

Beating a dead horse...

MLB, NBA, Nascar, and Formula One racing all are now using video games to keep in touch with their fan bases.

League of Legends is getting air time on ESPN 2.

Why not MWO?

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:20 AM

lol...

#4 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:48 AM

Big companies sure want to associate themselves with ESport broadcasts pulling off whole 1.5k viewers maximum on twitch during world championship finals.

#5 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

TBH this is new low for how far MWO player delusion can go for me compared to whom some other community favourites pale in comparacense.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 22 April 2020 - 03:52 AM.

#6 Shiloh Bane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Ky

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:03 AM

I’ve played Battletech and Mechwarrior in one form or another since the 80’s. I have numerous TRO’s and paperback books, as well as many mini’s for the tabletop game.

So I’ve been here when FASA crapped the bed and the Battletech world almost died. I was here for Clickytech, and the many Mechwarrior video games, and sometimes it seemed to be on it’s last legs gasping for air.

I want the company’s that have the IP to succeed and keep Battletech going.

Have there been issues here? Yes…but why bash the idea of becoming an Esport. Hell if only 15,000 people watched..that’d be a few new people that might get involved with the game.

So why shank the idea as delusional? No game, no product will ever be perfect. But if becoming an Esport attracts even a few more people to the game, in its many forms, it’s only good for the product.

And if we’re gonna get ******** championships and competitive axe throwing to fill air time, why not Solaris 7?

(Hmmm it censored maize hole...that's hilarious)

Edited by Shiloh Bane, 23 April 2020 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:06 PM

The reason is, they are paying for Air Time... That, is I am sure out of Perahna's reach. But, it would be interesting to say the least...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users