Information In Terms Of A Potential Steam Release?

7 replies to this topic

#1 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:18 AM

Hey there fellow Mechwarriors,

with several months having passed since the initial launch of MW5 on EGS, the release of the mod-tools and the teased expansion(s), I felt like askin' if there is any viable information regarding a potential steam release?

Even though the reviews have been mixed (at least in terms of story and mission-variety), I just can't wait to get my hands on some mech-action.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

Ask again when several reaches 12 month, most likely they will give infos then if at all.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:18 PM

EGS deal is for 12 months. You can expect some kind of info after that or very close to the end of that period.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:52 PM

Given history, don't expect a steam release for MW5 until you see the MW5 page on the steam shop. Because only then will they be committed to release within 30 days or be fined.

#5 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:16 AM

Mmmmh, I just can't think of a scenario in which PGI would not "cash in" on all the potential steam-buyers ... and I assume the steam-market for MW5 to be a huge one. Mebbe em gonna wait for the first Exp-Pack to be released and place a bundle on steam.

Anyhow ... thank you for assuring me that there is a total lack of viable information regarding this matter!

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:25 AM

Its been about 4 month since the release, so why do aspect any news now? At max two month before the steam release will be far long enough for anyone to "prepare". Heck I did say just at the beginning of the release month is far enough ahead before people start to forget the game exists.

#7 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

Relax and give it another 9 month.
Then you have it on steam and a good chance the modder lifted it from Beta Status to a viable game.
Maybe it even got missions then worth to play and remember.
At the very moment dont miss much.

Edited by Mumuharra, 30 March 2020 - 11:47 AM.

#8 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:35 AM

A'ight. Gonna keep my hands still and my hopes high then ... mebbe PGI and the modding-community will create somewhat of a 2.0-version of the initial game worth to be remembered!

Can't wait!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users