- - - - -

Wrote Nice Script For Zoom With Autohotkey. Where Do People Share Scripts?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tokkar

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:24 AM

Hi,

I am newbish player. I found that default controls in this game are not what I want (I guess they are far from reality what good players do or want to do). So I wrote a script which I enjoy a lot. What it does is when you press mouse R-button you zoom in when you release right mouse button you zoom out (you can make it trigger adv.zoom as well). Very nice with laser vomit builds. And I am thinking it's actually great with any build because zooming is such big part of game.

Is there a place where people share MWO scripts?

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:14 AM

The right mouse button is too prominent and too important to be used for zooming. RMB and LMB should almost always be used for weapon groups.

Why not simply bind zoom to the scroll wheel?

#3 Tokkar

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 05 April 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

The right mouse button is too prominent and too important to be used for zooming. RMB and LMB should almost always be used for weapon groups.

Why not simply bind zoom to the scroll wheel?

I fire 2nd weapon group with LShift. But mostly I am playing my Hellbringer all lasors and I can alpha strike every time so I don't really need weapon group 2. But if I would need it. Lshift can be bound for weapons group 2. But yeah it can be done when one presses LShift it zooms when shift is released it zooms out. Actually interesting idea, I will think about it.

Edited by Tokkar, 05 April 2020 - 08:28 AM.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:55 PM

There are more mechs in the game. So u will use about 2-3 weapon groups on most mechs.

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,732 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:39 PM

Trust us; you want your mouse buttons to be your weapon groups - it's more ergonomic and won't interfere with your movement. Additionally, too many simultaneous keyboard inputs confuse some games. I believe MWO is one of them.

#6 Tokkar

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

I stand corrected. You gave me good advice. While my configuration worked wonders for my beloved Hellbringer and MadDog but that didn't work for my Stromcrow with many lasers (too many to fire all at once). Well at least I got something from my experience, I was able to to create script that keeps TAG always on for my LRM Maddog.
Now I changed zoom to be mouse wheel forward - max zoom, wheel back - reset zoom .
Thank you!

#7 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,732 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

It's what we're here for - but, ah, you don't want to have TAG always on, either. =) Use your script to toggle TAG if you like, but lasers point both ways, and that's how you get Fleas.

#8 chiller2k3

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:07 PM

My Setting:
Mhwheel UP = toggle max zoom
Mhwheel DOWN = target lock/next target

No enemie in sight? Spam Mhwheel DOWN ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users