Remaining Founders Invites

292 replies to this topic

#121 Maugan Ra

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Since even after Aug 7th when the Founders can start to play and the game is still in beta state. will there be a Charackter wipe on some time then till the full release or do we keep everything we archive ?.

#122 Staragnof

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationHamilton New Zealand

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I looking forward just to log in been waiting over 5 hours so far.

#123 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

To those of you who have bought a founders package in the last 24 to 48 hours and weren't automatically given a key.. there is an issue with that right now but it is being worked on and yeh.. just be patient.. it is going to happen.. I'm not sure how much I am allowed to say.. other than that.

#124 Brien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostMaugan Ra, on 29 July 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Since even after Aug 7th when the Founders can start to play and the game is still in beta state. will there be a Charackter wipe on some time then till the full release or do we keep everything we archive ?.

They have said wipes could happen but all founder perks will be reset so you do lose any you use just restart from scratch

#125 Argon3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Other than saying you are a Beta tester if a founder all other aspects of the NDA still apply

All poster check you posts for NDA problems

#126 Trippwire95

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm, Applied for Beta invite on day one, never got it. Friend of mine applied after I told him about this game 2 months after I applied and he got an invite 2 days after his application. I stated in the beginning when I was signing up that I was planning on buying a founders pack when the survey asked me. Now I can get on the beta if I buy a founders pack. Seems to me I was kept off beta so I would HAVE to buy a founders pack. No thanks, I think I'll just wait until release date and play for free. Thanks for the dissapointment MWO, I won't be spending any money on your game.

#127 Haiven

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Anyone else having an issue with the installer, it keeps timing out halfway through 1 of 3 patches. I have turned my anti-virus and firewalls off to ensure that they are not the culprit. I have a 16Meg ISP connection that is consistantly testing at 20Mb/s downloads.

#128 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Want some cheese for that whine? *eye roll*

How ignorant do you need to be to think they track things like intended purchase of founder packs and then attempt to manipulate the players? You weren't selected for beta and someone else was? Boohoo! That's how random selection works. Are you sure you understand the game, coz it's got random rolls out the wazoo?

#129 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostTrippwire95, on 30 July 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hmmm, Applied for Beta invite on day one, never got it. Friend of mine applied after I told him about this game 2 months after I applied and he got an invite 2 days after his application. I stated in the beginning when I was signing up that I was planning on buying a founders pack when the survey asked me. Now I can get on the beta if I buy a founders pack. Seems to me I was kept off beta so I would HAVE to buy a founders pack. No thanks, I think I'll just wait until release date and play for free. Thanks for the dissapointment MWO, I won't be spending any money on your game.

Uhmm.. ok.. I answered the same question and bought my founders package, as I indicated I would, when they were first released.. and then STILL had to wait until the 14th round of Founder invites.. I know it feels like a conspiracy.. but that's how the random cookie crumbles sometimes..

View PostHaiven, on 30 July 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Anyone else having an issue with the installer, it keeps timing out halfway through 1 of 3 patches. I have turned my anti-virus and firewalls off to ensure that they are not the culprit. I have a 16Meg ISP connection that is consistantly testing at 20Mb/s downloads.

Please don't post this kind of beta related support questions in the general forums. You won't get a response, other than ones like this. Please go to the Beta forums area.

#130 Zera Mikalev

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am glad you guys are waiting till all systems go before moving forward with release to open beta and then full release.... I know I will hate the rollbacks haha, but all worth it in my book. Keep up the great work.

#131 Yuri Kovalesky

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKentaris IV

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

I shold have guessed that founders pack would have something to do with closed beta.

I just hope this isnt a sign that this game will be one Cash for everything like other.

Example: Battlefield Play4Free and NFS World Online.
The famous 90% Cash game.

I really just hope that isnt the Mechwarriors case.

Just an advice, we all know the importance of CASH ITENS ( PREMIUM THINGS for the slow people ) to maintain an game ONLINE.
But becarefull, people really gets bored fast because this kind of stuff, and the things what could be the game savior will be the game reaper!

#132 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostYuri Kovalesky, on 30 July 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I shold have guessed that founders pack would have something to do with closed beta.

It had nothing to do with it, really; a few days ago, looking to expand the beta and stress the system with only a short while before the next beta stage, they decided to let all those with founder status into it if they were not already in and make entry automatic for anyone who bought one after that. I fail to see your point, really, are you suggesting that people are paying to get into a the testing stage of a game? And even if that really is a primary motive for some people to spend 30 to 120 dollars (which I doubt) so what if they want to? That's not what founder packs are, though.

View PostYuri Kovalesky, on 30 July 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I just hope this isnt a sign that this game will be one Cash for everything like other.

Example: Battlefield Play4Free and NFS World Online.
The famous 90% Cash game.

I really just hope that isnt the Mechwarriors case.

Just an advice, we all know the importance of CASH ITENS ( PREMIUM THINGS for the slow people ) to maintain an game ONLINE.
But becarefull, people really gets bored fast because this kind of stuff, and the things what could be the game savior will be the game reaper!

If I understand you correctly, I still fail to see your point... our premium things are XP and C-Bill boosts and fancy skins, so far. *shrug*
They're not a charity and for some of us, time is more valuable, usually, than a small amount of cash.

#133 SakuranoSenshi

• 1,255 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

And let me add that I much, much, much prefer things like XP boosts, vanity items and new variants for sale with cash to any form of advertising supported gameplay or some horribly limited 'endless trial' version unless you have "VIP" status because you paid that month.

#134 MisterLeeches

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Ok, ordered my founders pack (elite).

no email or anything to confirm the purchase. The payment server seemed to be a bit flakey (i had to try 5 times to get my payment through, it wouldn't load). Now do i just wait?? (is there a backlog?) or did my payment not go through?

#135 Nagatsuki

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

ahh... cant wait anymore

#136 theV1k1ng

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFort Benning, GA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

I bought the Veterans Pack and it said transaction completed, but don't see anywhere that would show it as being a done deal, like a confirmation email maybe. And, confirmed it went through on the bank, so waiting.....

Edited by Reapyr1313, 31 July 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#137 RandomMechanic

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationRandom

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

+1 Sirius89 Do the "Carlton".

#138 Treznor99

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostReapyr1313, on 31 July 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

I bought the Veterans Pack and it said transaction completed, but don't see anywhere that would show it as being a done deal, like a confirmation email maybe. And, confirmed it went through on the bank, so waiting.....

Same for me, there is no indication anything happened other than it taking my money...

#139 Trippwire95

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

First off, no wasn't whining, was making a joke with some truth mixed in. (the truth about not wasting money on a game that's going to be available to play for free, and not spending extra just to get early access when others got it for free). However, if you think gaming companies don't do everything they can to make a buck, INCLUDING manipulating their players to spend more money, then you sir, have your head so far up your own arse that everytime you have a bowel movement, you mistake it for a valid thought. Take your "quit whining eye rolling boohoo" dillusional self to the 12 year old forum. You'll fit in much better, I promise.

#140 xArsenalx

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

soo why did i trying to buy a founders pack only for my paypall to be rejected and my money refunded ??

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users