• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:44 PM

In the video I propose this question: if you could ask PGI ONE question in regards to MW5 DLC or MW5, what would that be?

If you reply in the youtube comments I'm collecting all the questions for a follow up video to see if we can get a response from PGI for more details.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:11 AM

are we finally going to get to upgrade our dropship to a union class? overlord? the lack of union class (used for things other than scenery) was rather disappointing. they were in the teaser videos ffs.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 April 2020 - 07:30 AM.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

The most we can expect is some new mission types. I don't think the questlines to hunt down the Hero mechs are going to be anything good but hopefully I'm wrong. The rest of it is just meh. If it's something like 10-15 bucks, then I might buy it. If not, then no way. They probably have to throw in some MWO stuff like in the pre-order.

#4 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:55 AM

Will I still have to walk up those &^%*&ing stairs to see the ageless yet immobile Northern lady?

Mind you, I will buy the DLC as soon as it is available :-)

#5 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:03 AM

Greetings all,

Yes, I also have an issue with having to walk up to the bridge just to hear some conversation. With comm. stations all over the ship, why do I have to go (as stated earlier by others) anywhere. And why are you always spawned in the middle of the Mech Bay? (Yes, I know "tab" opens the selection menu. But not if you have to actually speak to someone.)

- I'm the commander of the ship, spawn me on the bridge where I can access every station and still see the Mech Bay.

I agree that the stationary NPC's do need some additional work. At least have them update or change their uniforms once in awhile. They should move around or posture some when interacting with each. Whatever anti-aging cream they are using is working great for some 20yrs of daily interaction.
- To the Mod community; are those 2 characters accessible to mod? Or are they fixed stationary renders?
- Could they be made to move/ walk a few steps or at least point at something when interacting with each?

Just some thoughts,
Going to look at that DLC now.

9erRed
Aim True and Run Cool.

Edited by 9erRed, 18 April 2020 - 11:06 AM.

#6 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:02 AM

I'd like you to ask them if they aren't ashamed to announce paid dlc while the base game isn't finished?

#7 RBL Acehigh

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMidwestern United States

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:17 AM

why is pgi obsessed with sucking off the inner sphere? Where are the clans and clan mechs? The end of the story in mw5 (haven't played it yet just seen you tuber streams) hints to the clans announcing themselves very soon. And they announce this DLC as heroes of the sphere.......ick no thank you LOL.......jk Give the clans some love mates. I hate being forced to pilot inferior equipment.

#8 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:04 AM

View PostRBL Acehigh, on 20 April 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

why is pgi obsessed with sucking off the inner sphere? Where are the clans and clan mechs? The end of the story in mw5 (haven't played it yet just seen you tuber streams) hints to the clans announcing themselves very soon. And they announce this DLC as heroes of the sphere.......ick no thank you LOL.......jk Give the clans some love mates. I hate being forced to pilot inferior equipment.

I think the Clans will be a bit bigger than a DLC.. maybe a full expansion pack? Russ did say way back when that the clans deserved more attention..

I for one will probably buy this DLC if the price is affordable..

Also, hint hint: Fix the console next to the in-bay spawn area to work immediately upon entering the mech bay. It's still broken and doesn't work until you walk away from it and walk back..

#9 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:38 AM

1 question you say ?

Oh how nice of you, you shouldn´t have ...

"Why so shallow in every possible aspect of PC gaming ? "

There you have my question ... nicely wrapped .

In broken glass and cutting wire .

#10 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:35 AM

My question would be to elaborate on absence of the special game mechanics in the generated (and scripted for that matter ) missions and lack of friendly forces , except the few on some of the defense missions.
I'm referring to using f to interact with those containers that can be looted , the ecm jammer and of course the repair bay.

#11 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:20 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 April 2020 - 07:11 AM, said:

are we finally going to get to upgrade our dropship to a union class? overlord? the lack of union class (used for things other than scenery) was rather disappointing. they were in the teaser videos ffs.

Would VERY much like to see a market for different drop ships.

#12 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:00 PM

Chemical Lasers seem like such a waste. IS laser weapons for the same tonnage and slots but with an ammo requirement. Without Endo and Ferro being available to customize mechs, tonnage is a premium in MW5 and ammo dependent laser weapons that (if they stick to the TT stats) are identical to IS lasers in damage and range, just doesn't make sense to add them. Unless this is PGI's way of hinting at being able to drive a tank or something without a Fusion engine that makes Chemical lasers make sense. Then there's the whole thing with Chemical Lasers being Clan tech, but even then I'm not all too bothered by that.

Short Burst Lasers sound like a new PGI weapon Posted Image, sounds good. Mech Rifles are okay, despite what the Sarna notes on it say about being inferior to ACs, the Rifles have a better tonnage to damage ratio compared to their AC counterparts (AC2, 5, and 10). It says the Light Rifle isn't capable of damaging mechs though so we'll see if PGI sticks the lore. The other downside to Mech Rifles was that they couldn't use special ammunition available to ACs, but that's not in MW5 so Mech Rifles will likely be an upgrade for tonnage starved Mechs. Although Mech Rifles tend to have less ammo per ton, so maybe that's a balancing factor.

All in all I'm looking forward to the DLC, sounds like a lot of content and a tightening up of existing MW5 content as well.

#13 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:20 AM

View PostSean Lang, on 16 April 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

In the video I propose this question: if you could ask PGI ONE question in regards to MW5 DLC or MW5, what would that be?

If you reply in the youtube comments I'm collecting all the questions for a follow up video to see if we can get a response from PGI for more details.

For MW5 (future updates):
  • fix the spawn points (like wonderfully done in the "Better Spawns" mod)
  • improve the AI
  • skip cutscenes function
  • less spawned vehicles, BUT they should be harder to kill
  • option to apply paint scheme to all mechs
  • career mode
For DLCs:
  • new chassis (Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow were criminally left out of MWO) - people who get the DLC could receive them as a bonus in MWO (this would help the salesof the DLC and give some life to MWO)
  • more biomes and "map tiles"
  • more mission types
  • more handcrafted quests
  • some more weapons (like the Inferno SRM)
  • more vehicle types
  • Solaris! (just like in MW4)
For a full expansion:
  • Clan Invasion

View Post9erRed, on 18 April 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yes, I also have an issue with having to walk up to the bridge just to hear some conversation. With comm. stations all over the ship, why do I have to go (as stated earlier by others) anywhere. And why are you always spawned in the middle of the Mech Bay? (Yes, I know "tab" opens the selection menu. But not if you have to actually speak to someone.)

- I'm the commander of the ship, spawn me on the bridge where I can access every station and still see the Mech Bay.

Also this (simple fix for MW5)

Edited by Odanan, 28 April 2020 - 05:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users