Jump to content

Player Choice Sale


48 replies to this topic

#41 Wishmast3r

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for this sale and my 3rd Sleipnir. Posted Image

#42 TheFourthAlly

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:27 AM

Any recommendations for a mediocre medium driver?

I mean, I do work with other weight classes, but tend to enjoy the meds.

#43 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:35 AM

Depends on what you got, and what aspect of "medium play" you like. Brawl? Firesupport? Flanking?

#44 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:39 AM

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 29 April 2020 - 01:27 AM, said:

Any recommendations for a mediocre medium driver?

I mean, I do work with other weight classes, but tend to enjoy the meds.


If you mean from the current sale, then for IS, here are a couple

1. BSW-X1 3x RAC2

2. BSW-X1 2x LBx10

3. BSW-X1 2x UAC10

*All of the above can be done on the hero mech as well*

4. FRENZY

5. FRENZY SRM6+A

6. PARALYZER Lasers + SRMs

7. PARALYZER 6MPLs

Clan

1. PAKHET 2x UAC10s

2. PAKHET 2x ERPPC TC3

*Note: Or you can do the usual Huntsman builds like SRMs or Streaks or ATMs with all of the missile omnipods*

3. VGL-1 2x ERPPC + Gauss

4. VGL-1 3x ERPPC

*Note: There are many variants of the above two Veagle builds with different engines and amount of armour*

5. VGL-2 2x UAC5 + UAC10

Then there are the usual Veagle 3 with cancer and Stormcrow with streaks although the Stormcrow can do a nice pink and yellow laser drill or a combination of LBx20 and pink lasers.

#45 TheFourthAlly

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:10 AM

Thanks folks, appreciated.

For some context, I enjoy my Huntsman hero with Srms and mpls. Also a fan of my HBKs, I started on those when you had to get three variants at the time and still muck about with all three. At some point picked up the Grid Iron and shoved a UAC20 into that one, which is fun if you don't get targeted down in the first few minutes of a match.

6mpls on a Phoenix Hawk seems to work now and then, but it's a bit flimsy for someone like me who inevitably overextends. Of course, I could stop doing that... I can occasionally do damage with the Wolverine hero we just got for free, put some lazers and an MRM on it.

Do NOT like the loyalty BlackJack we got a few years back.

I like my Warhammers and might sometimes do something useful with the Black Widow with AC10s or LBX10s. I don't mind missiles, but do not seem to make lurms work, ever. Ditto with (ER)PPCs, I must be doing something wrong, but certainly not doing any decent damage with that stuff.

If there's anything in the sale to add to my heavies, I would look at it.

I kinda suck at lights. I like locusts and arctic cheetahs, speedy little buggers to stab people with, but I do not thrive in those.

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 29 April 2020 - 04:14 AM.


#46 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:19 AM

Dervish is a good pick with several MRM or SRM possibilities, so is the Bushwacker with Dakka. Treb 7M makes a formidable MRM carrier.

#47 FRAGTAST1C

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:21 AM

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 29 April 2020 - 04:10 AM, said:

For some context, I enjoy my Huntsman hero with Srms and mpls. Also a fan of my HBKs, I started on those when you had to get three variants at the time and still muck about with all three. At some point picked up the Grid Iron and shoved a UAC20 into that one, which is fun if you don't get targeted down in the first few minutes of a match.

I like my Warhammers and might sometimes do something useful with the Black Widow with AC10s or LBX10s.


It sounds like you love splat builds. So, I can recommend the following...

1. REVENANT 6 SRM6+A (you can do this on any Mad Dog with the right omnipods)

2. CP-10-Q 7 SRM6

3. CP-10-Q 6 SRM6+A (a variation of the above but slightly less damage and speed but more precise missiles and cooler)

4. CP-10-Q MRM 100

5. CPLT-C2(S) 2 LBX10 + 4 SRM2 (the cooldown synergy between LBx 10s and SRM2s is just fantastic but it is slightly low on ammo even with skill nodes)

6. IV-FOUR MRM 60

7. VGL-3 no cancer

#48 TheFourthAlly

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:21 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 29 April 2020 - 05:21 AM, said:


It sounds like you love splat builds. So, I can recommend the following...

1. REVENANT 6 SRM6+A (you can do this on any Mad Dog with the right omnipods)

2. CP-10-Q 7 SRM6

3. CP-10-Q 6 SRM6+A (a variation of the above but slightly less damage and speed but more precise missiles and cooler)

4. CP-10-Q MRM 100

5. CPLT-C2(S) 2 LBX10 + 4 SRM2 (the cooldown synergy between LBx 10s and SRM2s is just fantastic but it is slightly low on ammo even with skill nodes)

6. IV-FOUR MRM 60

7. VGL-3 no cancer


That Revenant and VGL builds look good, will definitely have a look at those. Cheers!

#49 Terra79

    Rookie

  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

Marauder 2??





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users