Return Kdk-3 Heat Bonus!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:32 PM

Is there a possibility of giving KDK-3 a 14-15% reduction in energy heat? It would allow it to fit some more spiffy custom loadouts. I think the whole KDK line needs to be given back some of it's original shine.

Something like this would be usable for fun: https://mwo.smurfy-n...7291cd4389e2d49

Edited by Arugela, 26 April 2020 - 09:55 PM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

KDK-3 is already close to meta - and not because of its' energy hardpoints.

#3 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:45 PM

That would make it meta. The idea is because there is a goofy build that hte KDK-3 is the only one capable of boating. Albeit at the expense of armor and speed. This would give it back and allow it to boat it's energy point a little better.

I thought it would be fun to give it back. And give a small bonus to the weaker part of the build for lols.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...7933d8f6235fb00

This used to be able to perfectly use it's heat capacity in two full staggered shots. It can't do this anymore. So, I'm assuming it had a quirk removed for energy. It would take 14% to get it to have the same effect if I'm not mistaken.

Videos in that mech: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x542owc
https://www.dailymot...m/video/x54di9y <- 2:56 minutes for an example

Those videos show the perfect shutdown mechanic. I'm assuming it's from having less then .5 or so damage overall. I beleive each ppc did exactly 25% of the heat or something.

BTW, I played quit a few games with that loadout. I was usually able to take out lights coming at me. They didn't normally notice the lack of armor and ran because the saw a kodiak. If not hitting them with 60 damage usually did a good number on them and they died fast.

Part of the joke is that real meta players structure tank.

Funnily enough the fafnir can now do this layout, but with less damage and more ammo. Still refining it.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...41603973a2f4072 <- I dubb this more fafnir than fafnir!

Edited by Arugela, 28 April 2020 - 06:27 PM.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:37 PM

View PostArugela, on 28 April 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

This used to be able to perfectly use it's heat capacity in two full staggered shots. It can't do this anymore. So, I'm assuming it had a quirk removed for energy. It would take 14% to get it to have the same effect if I'm not mistaken.
It didn't have a quirk removed, heat sinks were rebalanced a couple years ago. Lower capacity, higher dissipation.

#5 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:06 AM

I thought that was only for IS.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:23 AM

View PostArugela, on 29 April 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

I thought that was only for IS.

https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2157

Heat System Overhaul
Based on the results of the recent PTS series and player feedback, this month we are releasing an overhaul of the current heat system. This overhaul will have 3 major impacts over the current heat system:
  • Across the board increases to Heat Dissipation
  • Reductions to Shutdown Threshold Scaling
  • Unifying the behavior of all heatsinks

The net result of these changes will see higher heat dissipation rates across the board. However, for builds that exceed the initial 10 heat sinks, there will be a constriction of the total shutdown threshold. While resulting in higher overall DPS, heat spikes run a greater risk of shutting you down if they are not properly managed.

General:
  • The first 10 Heatsinks equipped on a 'Mech will always provide a flat 20 total points of Heat Threshold (2 per heatsink) regardless of whether they are internally mounted in the engine, or must be externally equipped in crit slots on a 'Mech.
  • When a heatsink must be externally mounted to meet the 10 heat sink requirement, its provided threshold is increased up to 2, overriding the stated value in the 'Mechlab.
  • Any heatsink equipped passed the required 10 base heat sinks act as stated in the 'Mechlab.
  • When a heatsink is destroyed, only the threshold value stated in the 'Mechlab is deducted from the total shutdown threshold pool. This is a buff over the previous behavior for when a heatsink from a sub 250 engine 'Mech was destroyed and ensures consistency in penalties regardless of which heatsink was destroyed in-match.
Heatsinks:
  • Dissipation rate increased to 0.14 (from 0.13)
  • Heat capacity reduced to 0.75 (from 1.3)
Double Heatsinks (Both Inner Sphere and Clan)
  • Dissipation rate increased to 0.22 (from 0.15)
  • No more division between engine and externally based heat sinks. All dissipation rates are now at a consistent 0.22 per-heat sink.
  • Heat Capacity reduced to 0.5 (from 1.5)

Edited by Horseman, 29 April 2020 - 07:24 AM.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:54 AM

Not to be rude but, the build in the description is just terrible.
literally 4 tons of energy weapons with 16 total STD heatsinks of which only 8 are internal.
on top of that 41 tons worth of ballistic weapons (excluded ammo weight).
I don't think we should start adding quirks to support bad builds.

Edited by B L O O D W I T C H, 29 April 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#8 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:57 AM

Not to be obvious, but it's a fun build. It's the only mech that can physically install qaud guass ppc(At least the clan version). Therefore it is, "special."

The point wasn't that it was good(it is actually.) it was to make it work the same way it used to. I would think, "real men structure tank," would be obvious enough. Although I did commonly get games with 1000-1300 damage with it! 8D

I also thought it was missing in general and might help give the KDK some of it's original abilities. And the energy side would be less detrimental to becoming op.

Either way, if my math is correct, the 14% would allow it to do what it used to on the energy side potentially. At least for that build. It wouldn't hurt necessarily to have a little extra heat reduction on the smaller weapons usually on a kdk-3 build.

BTW, clan qaud guass ppc is very fun to play. It's something I wish there was a way to play in the game more legitimately. Unfortunately it can only be done with a superheavy or a naked 100 tonner. I think 150tons is around the minimum. depending on the rules. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Arugela, 29 April 2020 - 12:53 PM.

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:24 AM

Okay, the build is a ballistics boat. Dedicating nearly half it's weight to ballistics. Not just regular ACs but ultras, effectively generating double the heat but not having any appropriate means to disperse it.
Not only does it only have 4 tons of lasers, it's also heat intensive heavy lasers.
The build actively hinders itself to deal with heat by having "only" STD heatsinks on top of having 20% less internal heatsinks.
On top of spending any remaining tonnage on a mark 2 targeting comp instead of improving heat-efficiency.

It's a bad build. It is absolutely unreasonable to give it any form laser amplifying crutches since it a: already has ballistic potential b: isn't even remotely optimized for energy weapon performance.

If you want to be reasonable and make use of additional energy weapons while still maintaining the majority of the ballistic performance of the variant build it accordingly.

Drop the ballistic config to a more proven config
- 2x UAC10 + 2 x UAC5 or 4x LB10X
- ER instead of heavy medium lasers
- proper engine 325 to 350 range
- 18 to 20 Doubleheatsinks

this will give you actual usable complimentary energy weapons on top of having
- at least double your sustainable DPS
- at least double your heat efficiency
- double your topspeed and movement abilities
- better overall weapon synergy

So in conclusion. Asking for a 14% energy heat quirks is hilarious considering you can literally get a 100% cooling efficiency bonus on all of your weapons just buy running an optimized build.

#10 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:44 AM

it's a build from before the decoupling and tech tree. It was originally boatable. It was also the only mech to be able to achieve it. It would just be spiffy if it could do it again. Might add some nice extra laser fire to the KDK-3 also.

You can technically run it, but you have to be careful of the PPC heat gain obviously.

Edit: There may be missing info from smurfies heat capacity data. I can't figure out what is wrong. Either there is more capacity(maybe base heat), higher dissipation values, or a mix of both. So, not sure what bonus would be needed to get it to work. It may not need a bonus to boat it at all. It does suffer from a 0.5 second delay between the first double gauss and the second double ppc. So, it may not have changed capacity at all. I think I finally got around to testing it and it was under 100% with sufficient skills. That and/or I was using the IS bonuses from the skill tree website. Editagain: I think it's 20 base heat. Although I swore I got 25 at one point. I don't remember heat logic very well.

Edited by Arugela, 05 May 2020 - 06:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users