Wait, you want to use 8 ERLL in QP? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:11 AM

Yes! 8D

The extra damage would help core legs and torso on assaults if done well. Particularly legs. On assaults. At decent range.

BTW, you can forward tank by looking at the enemy and swinging about 45 degress to each side instead of 90 degress to the arm and spread across the CT,RT,LT,RA,LA and it mitigates damage better(particularly on mechs with long forward facing arms that get in the way*wink*wink*). This is faster to return fire and it spreads across more components(Takes less time to move back 45 degrees than 90 degrees). The SNV is good at this. And when you do that it gives a nice long time afterwords to return fire. Good against single targets and most players as they have no ability to straggle damage or counter it inteligently. And it can help mitigate against multiple targets easily if you average out the damage well. I use this tactic with mechs that can quickly kill enemies to remove the incoming damage to tank multiple oponents. But it's also good for long range and this type of weapons build if used correctly.

It can give you the fire time by waiting for them to fire at you, focusing on spreading damage properly across all 5 components, then only firing between opponents shots.

It's good for long duration stuff as it fits between the CD of a lot of nastier weapons. If not you can can only fire 6 shots when needed and use surprise or other elements to get in all the damage. It's just a matter of being smart about it.

This is a tanking method I use a lot. It's very effective on mechs like the direwolf and SNV. The arms in front help spread to more components and mitigate damage better. That or mechs with really fast chest rotation. I'm not sure if the decoupling of engines ruined this on some mechs though. I know the direwolf was harder to tank like this after the change. It might require the agility tree and torso speed to do in some cases. I think the SNV might have still been fast enough on it's own.

This tanking methods allows more tanking as you can very evenly spread across more components than side torso twisting as you can spread across 5 instead of 3 components very evenly and in a controlled manner. It makes your armor last longer.

BTW, this type of tanking is countered by stagering fire to waste time. But is counterable if some of the damage is weaker by simply taking it or killing things head of time if using a higher dps build. That or keeping track of positioning and effectively removing targets from aim in other ways to focus down on things. There are a lot of methods to do this. You just have to think about what can get you based on the situation and think ahead a bit more.

A group of mechs firing at the same time at you from around 90 degrees in the front is very weak to this unless they get on the sides enough to focus fire. This is what most players do as they just rush and fire at the same time(usually through a chokepoint or near one where other mechs can't give support). So, it's strong to the current quick play. Although this method is still very useful in more difficult situations as it takes a bit of coordination to fully counter it. And in this game nobody does this well. It's also strong because it's good solo. And if it's weak solo the counter to it takes the mechs time up allowing allies to take advantage and hit them if your team were also equally coordinated.

BTW, any range also helps with this tank tactic as it gives time to react and potentially lowers damage. Depends on the weapons layout though as it would be used a little differently depending on the mechs purpose.

Edited by Arugela, 28 April 2020 - 08:28 AM.

#23 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:27 AM

View PostArugela, on 28 April 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

If not light mech killing duty. 86 damage to chest of a light mech at range does not require a lot of accuracy to severly expose/disable them or outright kill them.

If a light 'Mech is standing still long enough for you to deliver the entire burn with any level of accuracy, the pilot is AFK and/or has suffered brain death and is currently drooling mindlessly into their cheetoes while you shoot the target dummy.

The capacity to kill an unresponsive target does not a good build make, nor does implying a build that utterly lacks the capacity to deal focused damage to a moving target that can shield/outrun accurately firing into it mean it can in the first place.

#24 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

It's easier to hit light mechs legs at 1k plus because the speed is relatively less because of the distance making it easier to aim. Distance effectively kills speed after a certain point and it's like they are moving slower. Hence a long range tactic. The farther the easier. So, it's a bit of an opportunistic build. The point is to maximize that opportunity. Which would be easier in quick play where things aren't that smart and lights pop up on hills every few seconds to enjoy the view. Let alone pop tarters potentially. De legging pop tarters would be a fun sport.

And it can deal focused damage. To arms and legs. It just can't easily do it to other parts in some cases.

Although if you crotch or fact shot you can get focused damage on a CT. Anything smaller than an assault can be CT stripped by fireing at the crotch. As long as you don't return fire while they can fire at you you can still do this effectively. That is why you let them burn their shots off then return fire. The point of the above tanking method. It really works. I used it for a long time. Might be some issues with the decoupling though as it lowered torso speeds, but it still might work in many cases. That or you might need to spend point into agility to get it to work in some cases(particularly torso speed and possibly yaw.). SNV might still be good at it as it has a lower top engine.

Edited by Arugela, 28 April 2020 - 08:35 AM.

#25 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:39 AM

Let me get this straight...

1. You want to have two chainfire groups firing simultaneously so that you can shoot 8x C-ERLL

2. The time it takes to fire off all 8 C-ERLL in your build is around 4.5 seconds.

3. You want to do that in QP

Do you plan on firing your weapons twice or only once and end up with 86 damage after the match, being a complete liability to your team? Posted Image

If you want to do a big-alpha laser vomit on a Supernova, try this...

SNV-C

That thing when skilled will pump out 71 damage alpha strike without any ghost heat or without having to do something nonsensical like chainfiring and staring at enemies endlessly. That 71 damage alpha strike takes 1.4 seconds and when the weapons come out of the cooldown state, you'll be ready to alpha strike again, giving you enough time to move to safety in QP. Stop this chainfiring bs please.

#26 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

I don't think he plans to do anything. Hasn't played since 2017.

#27 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:51 AM

I will just leave this here...

#28 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 28 April 2020 - 11:00 AM

As I said earlier, build it, play it, and let us know how it went.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 28 April 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#29 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

6 erLL snv is absolutely usable in fw; 8 is just tonnage not well spent, sorry.

hey, but if that's your thing, you can put even more useless lasers on the B.Asp with the right pods, if memory serves.

#30 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:36 PM

If you gonna do a LL-build then I prefer the 6 ER-LL WHK-Nanuq with the actuated B-pod Right arm. The extra speed helps it reposition when its sniping spot inevitably gets compromised. Does cost MC to buy tho.

Edited by Funky Bacon, 28 April 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

On a side note, counter to this suggestion, 3xHPPCs in an Awesome 8Q is surprisingly manageable in QP. Way more so than trying to do work in an erll SNV.

It's hard to go wrong with 45 ppfld at almost 700m optimal. 41% heat. The minimum range sucks but same for LRMs and ATMs and in QP you're rarely going to fight a team that pushes.

Edited by MischiefSC, 01 May 2020 - 08:27 PM.

#32 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 11:28 AM

Finally got to build the build. Is the fireing of all laser with two chainfires a glitch or on purpose to stop people from using it. Or do I possibly have some sort of control setup that makes it alpha with mouse 1 and mouse 2?

ATM double chainfire is making it basically alpha and fry my mech. Is there a way to make this work in game?

It's a little silly if it's disabled. All it does is cause automatic fire over time so you can aim. It's not overpowered.

Edit: Nvm, It seems to have to do with mouse 1 and 2. I must have alpha hooked up to it somehow.

Edited by Arugela, 03 May 2020 - 11:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users