For Those Who Return After Being Away A While, A New Secret Achievement And Title Request

No replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 May 2020 - 05:18 AM

Hello, everyone... :)

I come to you today with a suggestion that we should have a New SECRET Achievement and a Matching Title for those who happen to disappear for a year or more and then return. This would be like a one-time greeting gift for those who completely walk away from MWO, and then come back. The idea would be to entice them through the use of a booster into feeling more like they would ever have wanted to be on the battlefields again. :D

Here's the details...
  • Achievement Name: "Rising From The Grave, MechWarrior?"
  • Achievement Text (including "Requirement To Trigger"): "Be as the Undead, returning to MWO after failing to sign on for at least 1 Year, and play at least 3 Matches."
  • Suggested Reward (which I'm being very restrained on): 2 Million (C-Bills) + 200 (MC) + 1 Mech Bay + Title of "Undead MechWarrior"
...and this Achievement should not be visible until such time as it has actually been triggered by the player. Possibly, there could even be a version for those who were only gone for just a meager 6 months, or this one could just be used as the 6-month version. :huh:

For the crazy of it, I'll provide a prototype for a separate 6-month version here...
  • Achievement Name: "Less Of A Slouch, Perhaps"
  • Achievement Text (including "Requirement To Trigger"): "You got in the Cockpit again, came back to MWO after 6 Months, and played at least 2 Matches."
  • Suggested Reward (which I'm being very restrained on): 1 Million (C-Bills) + 100 (MC) + Title of "Lazy Crazy"
...but either way, I know that I qualify for earning something like these, should PGI implement it and do a retroactive scan of their records. However, aside of thinking of myself, it would be fun to see all those who could end up earning it flooding back into the game, and giving the MatchMaker a ton of new random combinations to put game rounds together with. But like I said, this would ONLY properly work if these Achievements don't reveal themselves until their requirements are actually met! B)

So... yeah... there's my thoughts. If you have anything constructive to say, either in Support of or being Against this idea, get posting down below! Heck, if you want a Poll for each of these, please just ask! I currently don't even know if it would be worth the effort of starting one. ^_^

~Mr. D. V. "Wouldn't it be nice to attract people back into MWO? Honey makes better than vinegar!" Devnull

(p.s.: Before you ask, I only came up with the 6-Month Version while I was typing this post up! Please don't mutilate my undead self for trying to be constructive!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users