Are You Satisfied With The Current Content?

34 replies to this topic

#21 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:08 AM

Sometimes I dream that MWO has new maps and new objective based gameplay....then I wake up and its the same sh.... Posted Image

Edited by Nesutizale, 04 May 2020 - 09:08 AM.

#22 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 04 May 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sometimes I dream that MWO has new maps and new objective based gameplay....then I wake up and its the same sh.... Posted Image

... and there's [redacted].

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 05 May 2020 - 09:18 AM.

#23 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

Oh my! Well, to answer the question simply,

NO!

#24 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:58 PM

The maps were repetitive years ago, that's my main issue with content.

Another timeline jump to introduce more tech options would have freshened it up again, and there's always tons more mechs I would have liked to have seen like the Stone Rhino or the Locust IIC. Not to mention continuing to balance.

If they had done this instead of loot boxes, Solaris, skill trees and that bolt-on cosmetic rubbish, the game might have been in a better position.

#25 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:00 AM

No, it does not. Still imbalance between chassis, crap maps and other tons of issues.

#26 Leadpaintchips

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:59 AM

Honestly, there's enough mech chassis' in the game. I'd like to see them balance what is currently in the game and maybe more maps and/or retooling the current maps.

I know that's not going to happen though, because that stuff takes a lot of work without being flashy or having more stuff for older players to buy. It doesn't have a direct line of 'make this--> make money', so most companies don't do it.

#27 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:02 AM

Ballancing mechs kills them in the intended designed form.

#28 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:16 AM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 05 May 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

Ballancing mechs kills them in the intended designed form.

.. Posted Image

#29 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

Content as in mechs and weapons could use some work, but at this stage of MWO life cycle it would be too much to ask. But few changes could make a game much better IMO:

Buff jump jets lift speed and distance (a lot), so they were not hover jets, especially for larger mechs. (Poptarting can remain nerfed of larger mechs)

Go back to 8v8 (optionally move spawn points on larger maps)

Add matchmaker (reset tiers and stats, and keep matchmaking based on W/L)

Allow groups of 2 (maybe even 3) in solo queue (aka not waiting for 10m queue)

#30 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

OP am I satisfied with the current content

no not really the game had so much potential

to keep things short

1) Mechs, there are Mechs with omni pods with quirks on them but the omni pod has no weapons
Mechs where the game designer went out of there way to make the weapons almost useless with low mounts or some other odd ball game mechanic

2) the game could evolve into campaigns for factions or career mode for units, asymmetric drops just all kinds of things could have been tried

3) players, game is populated with 10 year olds, just like elementary school when there was recess the doors fly open and kids run for the center of the map,
they constantly cry and PGI spends all there time trying to please them

on FP all they want is siege (do you know how many times we had siege since 2014 omg)
a cheap way to add content was to re purposed some some quick play maps and modes
well the kids did not like that and cried and cried until they got there way

if I was PGI I would strip everything off the map and just have Mechs drop in front of each other until they got sick of it

bottom line we don't have a better game because we don't deserve a better game

GLHF

Edited by Davegt27, 06 May 2020 - 07:28 AM.

#31 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

Ok, to reitterate or however it's spelled and my spelling sucks, guess that's why I drive for a living. Anyhoot, how many times have mechs both Clan, and IS been nerfed in the name of ballancing mechs...

#32 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:19 PM

short answer: no

long answer is more complicated. pgi has given us plenty of mechs, far more than we need though not enough depending on who use ask. but in terms of law of the minimum its the last thing this game needs more of considering a lot of undeveloped area, which brings us to:

maps. everything is either a remake of a map, a redux of a map, or just a reskin, or a tile bash or isnt even finished yet (like all those fp and classic maps with the crappy ghost trees). i swear were still on the same 4 or 5 original tilesets. there are still tile sets hardly used. like you could do a rehash of emerald taiga for qp or a swamp map for fp. but even that feels like a dirty shortcut to actual map design and the next thing you know you are doing reskins, remakes, and rehashes of maps that were never finished in the first place. needless to say this is no way to make maps. make some damn maps, new maps, original maps, with new tilesets, or let modders do it for you.

and then there is equipment, weapons, and so on, plenty of things we could have from lore. this is why i bought the civil war pack, it wasn't because i wanted an annihilator. and id buy another pack if a new weapons pack was done up. and dont stop there let us replace gyros and actuators and things like that and put in crit splitting. options like this are a mech builders dream.

modes have been hit and miss, but mostly miss. its almost the same situation as maps, the modes have been worked and reworked and redone, discontinued, replaced but then dont get replaced, so you have a lot of accumulated alpha modes and any attempt to put any spit and polish on them has resulted in community backlash the likest of which ive never seen. players who go out of their way to defend a blasted shell of a mode, and shoot down any change that pgi does. modes seem to work out better in fp (fp conquest was good, possibly the best mode the game ever had), but the people who play fp are mostly there for seige. and modes get shot down there too. its definitely one area where the community is its worst enemy. unlike maps i think this is a dead end. pgi cant deliver and the community dont want.

but if pgi were going to do something, anything (other than merging queues to accommodate a shrinking population), id shoot for the maps. keeping in mind future plans for the inevitable merger of fp and qp. if pgi wants to find some other way to monetize the game, bring in new players, fund more dev, then we might see all these areas worked on. its totally unlikely, the changes they are making to the queues is mostly necessary to optimize the remaining playerbase, and the amazing thing is that they are actually doing it, rather than just letting it rot. of course its gonna be another roll it back fiasco.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 May 2020 - 08:26 PM.

#33 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:37 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 04 May 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

I dream of respawns in team deathmatch.

#34 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:27 AM

View PostReposter, on 03 May 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hi guys, just wondering are you Satisfied with the Current Content the game has?

I was thinking more Mech Variants and New Maps could be worked on.

Also just wondering do you feel more Light Mech Chassis could be added in? Any suggestions for new Light Mechs?

I have not been satisfied with current in-game content since I started playing the game..

I can't even list all the reasons, but here's a few:

1) Lack of immersion into the BT setting.
2) Stale, repetitive game modes
3) No content beyond "shoot mechs"
4) Constant re-balancing that tries to steer meta towards the next mech pack coming out, without providing anything meaningful.
5) Shockingly little variety in terms of maps
6) No description or how-to for almost anything in the game
7) Incredible lack of attention to detail in just about everything.
8) Years-old bugs still not fixed
9) Allowing a few comp players to stomp un-checked and ruin the game experience for everyone else
10) Crazy unbalanced mechs and weapons catering to certain playstyles and players.

Despite all this, I still play, but honestly, only cose' it's free to play, and I get to play with my fiance. If this was not the case, I probably would not play solo much anymore.. Especially since there is now MW5.

Edited by Vellron2005, 06 May 2020 - 12:29 AM.

#35 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:32 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 06 May 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

4 mans: no
3 mans: maybe
2 mans: yes

group size is issue here. limit it, and you got a good formula.

Hey Derek, can it be you posted in the wrong thread? Don't think this is the place for feedback on the current GQ merge. Just askin'. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users