Player Choice Sale Ii

63 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Player Choice Sale II
Thanks for all the suggestions for this Sale!
I wasn't able to get everything people asked for in there.
I will try to do a Phase 2 when this sale ends and get more of your requested mechs and Items on sale.
In the meantime here is what I did put on sale!

SALE DATES!
Starts: May 7th 00:00 UTC
Ends May 13 00:00 UTC

ONE TIME DOUBLE MC BONUS ON THE 14.95 USD BUNDLE*

Purchase a 14.95 MC Bundle and get a one time Bonus of Double the MC!

PURCHASE THE 14.95 MC BUNDLE HERE

OR

WE NOW SUPPORT THIS ONE TIME PROMO ON THE 14.95 BUNDLE PURCHASED THROUGH STEAM!

NOTE

• *ONE TIME Means this only works on your first purchase of the 14.95 Bundle during the promotion.
  • Second Purchases of the 14.95 Bundle during the promotion will not grant additional MC.
  • This is not available for Gifting MC
  • The additional MC is injected on the hour every hour please be patient.
  • Be sure to purchase during the Promotion Dates!
  • Contact Support if you don't receive your additional MC after 1 hour.
  • Contact Support if you have purchased any tier of MC 48 hours prior to this sale.
  • Having Issues? Never Fear contact SUPPORT

CHECK OUT WHAT'S ON SALE IN-GAME STORE

• GSP Bundles 50% off MC In-Game
  • All Engines 50% off
  • All Colors 50% off
  • Letter and Number Decals 50% off

PLAYER CHOICE MECH CHASSIS

50% off MC and C-Bills In-Game

INNER SPHERE CHASSIS

Commando

Cicada

Dragon

BattleMaster

Raven

Blackjack

Catapult

Mauler

Urbanmech

Kintaro

Thunderbolt

Cyclops

Osiris

Assassin

Grasshopper

Hatamoto Chi

Uziel

Black Knight

CLAN CHASSIS

KitFox

Nova

TimberWolf

DireWolf

Piranha

IceFerret

Hellbringer

Warhawk

Incubus

Shadow Cat

NightGyr

Gargoyle

ArcticWolf

Linebacker

Supernova

Nova Cat

Hellfire

#2 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

I will buy two of these if you can fix the Faction Play leader boards. Posted Image

Edited by Deathshade, 06 May 2020 - 02:02 PM.

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Thanks.

#4 MF H3NDO

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTraining Grounds

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Awesome! More deals!! I cant wait!!!

#5 TomatoTyson

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Still no love for the Thor
Oh well a shiny new Masakari should fill the Thor-shaped hole in my heart Posted Image

Edited by TomatoTyson, 06 May 2020 - 02:55 PM.

#6 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 06 May 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

I will buy two of these if you can fix the Faction Play leader boards. Posted Image

That's not fair to dump such a prerequisite upon Matt Newman's shoulders. They don't have control over things like that, as of my last check. :huh:

View PostMF H3NDO, on 06 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

Awesome! More deals!! I cant wait!!!

The first word you spoke is the nickname I glued to Matt Newman... They are definitely "Mr. Awesome", and I am also thankful for his bringing us all these Events & Sales to help people with enjoying the game. :D

~D. V. "How can anyone not be positive about this 2nd Player Choice Sale? Don't set the bar too high!" Devnull

#7 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

Good job Matt. Looking for some bolt-on love (ewww) in Phase 2!!!

#8 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 May 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

That's not fair to dump such a prerequisite upon Matt Newman's shoulders. They don't have control over things like that, as of my last check. Posted Image

With a name like Dev null, you should already know what it takes to fix that leader board. That has got to be the simplest portion to fix. Pull some records by type and give totals. I mean c'mon. Has PGI ever responded to this bug that any one knows?

#9 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

So... We're just putting many of the same mechs that were already on sale on sale again. The bloody Cyclops/Catapult was on sale last week during the last Player Choice Sale, and the Mauler/Grasshopper was on sale before that during the Select IS sale, and do I need to cover clan side repeat sales as well? Where's the variety? We don't get sales all that often, and when we do, it's filtered down to a stagnant list.

#10 TomatoTyson

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 06 May 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

So... We're just putting many of the same mechs that were already on sale on sale again. The bloody Cyclops/Catapult was on sale last week during the last Player Choice Sale, and the Mauler/Grasshopper was on sale before that during the Select IS sale, and do I need to cover clan side repeat sales as well? Where's the variety? We don't get sales all that often, and when we do, it's filtered down to a stagnant list.

Wasn't this a player's choice sale?

#11 IThatOneNinjaI

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

Probably shouldn't have had the same mechs from Player's Choice I on Player's Choice II, but still a great sale. Thanks.

#12 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:55 PM

They spelled all the Mech names correctly this time. That's an improvement. :P

#13 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:09 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 May 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

That's not fair to dump such a prerequisite upon Matt Newman's shoulders. They don't have control over things

Sure, because Matt Newman is the only PGI employee who could ever read what was written. All other PGI employees are contractually barred from doing so. Sure.

#14 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:54 PM

View PostIThatOneNinjaI, on 06 May 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Probably shouldn't have had the same mechs from Player's Choice I on Player's Choice II, but still a great sale. Thanks.

Players request them tho Posted Image

#15 That Mech

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:29 PM

Exactly, PLAYERS' request. Those guys must have missed the previous sales and decides to **** the rest.

Can I also suggest a one-time 50% off hero mech for all accounts? Once the player buys any Hero Mech, the 50% is removed permanently. It COULD potentially encourage people to purchase MC, especially when you bundle them with MC bonuses events like this. This applies to all(older) accounts so it's fair to them too but I'm not too sure how technical this can be to enable it.

Alternatively, enable 50% off MC on all mechs for a single purchase only after a certain TIER MC purchase is made. Event-locked of course.

Edited by That Mech, 06 May 2020 - 08:53 PM.

#16 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 May 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

Players request them tho Posted Image

Yeah, but you're doing it on a first post, first request granted system with 0 oversight. And if you look at the popularity of mechs within the meta, it's not hard to figure out that there is going to be a higher demand for certain chassis than others. Which is fine, except when you award priority to those who post first. Due to popularity, the metric is skewed in favor of the same old tired chassis.

I'd just edit out repeat sales because copycat rewards fail to incentivize long term play. Give less popular mechs a chance to shine by making them more available, and incentivize players to broaden their horizons by offering more variety. Players had their chance to pickup a Cyclops, or Mauler, or Grasshopper, or Catapult last week. If they didn't get it, tough nuggets; should've played the game. What about everyone else who took advantage those sales and were looking forward to variety in the next? You know, the people who actually play the game regularly?

#17 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:05 AM

Looks like I am eating my words. Found the Faction leader board now under stats. Just select season 2 - Oct.
Wasn't there before . . . . .
Why didn't you tell me Matt???

#18 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:55 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 07 May 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

Looks like I am eating my words. Found the Faction leader board now under stats. Just select season 2 - Oct.
Wasn't there before . . . . .
Why didn't you tell me Matt???

Unfortunately, that one does not appear to be updating either. Since somewhere around December I believe.

#19 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:16 AM

Dang it. Your right. After two games, nothing. This is so frustrating. Posted Image

#20 TomatoTyson

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 06 May 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

Yeah, but you're doing it on a first post, first request granted system with 0 oversight. And if you look at the popularity of mechs within the meta, it's not hard to figure out that there is going to be a higher demand for certain chassis than others. Which is fine, except when you award priority to those who post first. Due to popularity, the metric is skewed in favor of the same old tired chassis.

I'd just edit out repeat sales because copycat rewards fail to incentivize long term play. Give less popular mechs a chance to shine by making them more available, and incentivize players to broaden their horizons by offering more variety. Players had their chance to pickup a Cyclops, or Mauler, or Grasshopper, or Catapult last week. If they didn't get it, tough nuggets; should've played the game. What about everyone else who took advantage those sales and were looking forward to variety in the next? You know, the people who actually play the game regularly?

That's a good point. I think there should be a halfway, only allow a handful the most requested chassis in the last sale to be in this next one, maybe 3 on each side and leave the other spots for new ones. He did also mention a second phase however, which could be good if it does feature only ones which weren't previously on sale. Personally I don't mind picking up a couple different variants of each chassis but I can see the argument to be made for a more diverse cast of mechs on sale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users