Just Picked Up Mw5 For $1

11 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:34 AM

Without any sort of announcment or advertisement, mechwarrior 5 is now on the xbox season pass for PC which means I can get it without the Epic suck of epic. And since season pass is running a special right no of 1 month for $1 (no contracts) I am currently downloading the game for only 1 dollar.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:07 PM

Spread the word!

#3 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:32 AM

Yes, but this Xbox pass version does not support mods.
And MW5 without at least the better spawn mod is more than crap and unplayable.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

how did this happen with the epic contract thing?

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:10 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 May 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

That is a good question. Maybe its because MS is still holding the rights to MW overall or maybe they have a deal with Epic.

Also MW5 can be played via Geforce Now when you own a copy.

Anyway a point about the gamepass. When you stop your subscription aka you don't pay anymore...can you still play the game or did you just rent it?

Edited by Nesutizale, 11 May 2020 - 01:12 AM.

#6 Zacharias McLeod

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:53 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 May 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

Anyway a point about the gamepass. When you stop your subscription aka you don't pay anymore...can you still play the game or did you just rent it?

50 Euro is the price in the Game Pass Store.

And the faq says you get the game for free only as long as your sbscription is activ or till the game is removed from the pass library.

Edited by Zacharias McLeod, 11 May 2020 - 06:53 AM.

#7 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

Epic apparently went "Yes, we have exclusive rights to this, but as long as its not on Steam, we don't really care. Go nuts!"

#8 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

What likely happened to MW5 is the same thing that happened to Metro Exodus. It didn't sell well enough to meet their contractual obligations with Epic, so they got cut loose and have to pay back the investment.

#9 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:17 PM

Welp, one thing to do if you'r playing for the first time, mod the hell out of it, the AI mods, the spown mods, the interface and the rescale mods make this in to a pretty decent experience.
I wish I had those when I first played...

Edited by Nik Reaper, 11 May 2020 - 07:18 PM.

#10 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

Phil showed a weather mod...not quite the quality I would like it to be but the idea is right. Weather can set the mood for your envoirment in very different ways. Realy liked it. Also there is a heat vision mod in the works.

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:32 AM

View PostZacharias McLeod, on 11 May 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

50 Euro is the price in the Game Pass Store.

And the faq says you get the game for free only as long as your sbscription is activ or till the game is removed from the pass library.

So you buy the game in the store at about the same price as you would buy it from the epic store to keep it or you rent it via subscription.
Do you know what the subscription will cost once the special is over? I only found an "introduction" price of 3,99€ but I guess that will go higher in the end.
Found it, its 9,99€ per month.

Anyway I am not that happy about the development of subscription services for games everywhere. When it goes the Netflix way you will end up with countless services that you either have to jump around and sub and un-sub every other month or you just keep them all and pay for stuff you don't even use.

Like with Netflix. Even with all the shows gone to other services I can't seam to finish what I have on my "to-do" list on Netflix....and all the services wonder why I won't sub anything else Posted Image

Edited by Nesutizale, 12 May 2020 - 08:34 AM.

#12 Zacharias McLeod

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:56 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 12 May 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

So you buy the game in the store at about the same price as you would buy it from the epic store to keep it or you rent it via subscription.
Do you know what the subscription will cost once the special is over? I only found an "introduction" price of 3,99€ but I guess that will go higher in the end.
Found it, its 9,99€ per month.

Anyway I am not that happy about the development of subscription services for games everywhere. When it goes the Netflix way you will end up with countless services that you either have to jump around and sub and un-sub every other month or you just keep them all and pay for stuff you don't even use.

Like with Netflix. Even with all the shows gone to other services I can't seam to finish what I have on my "to-do" list on Netflix....and all the services wonder why I won't sub anything else Posted Image

Same here, only Netflix and Amazon Prime (first I got it only for the free shipping). And I will not subscribe for more.

MW5 is 50 Euro for the whole game or 10 bucks each month. Or someday for 10 or less on steam.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users