12 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:27 AM

Now, before you start writing, "Crap chassis; get rid", I know. I never liked it even in the testing grounds. But unfortunately, I have both the Heroes and a 3S and I've been trying a lot of things to make them work. I might've just found some reasonable builds.

1. LA MALINCHE

I tried fitting the 3rd LPL but either there's the heat problem or the tonnage issue. But with that build, you can spam your weapons to your heart's content. It runs cold, the synergy between all of the weapons is almost at 500m optimal range when you skill up and the AC10 fires like crazy thanks to the cooldown quirks. LPL on MB1 and AC10 + MRM30 on MB2 and just spam away.

2. SIREN

This one runs a little hot thanks to the Snubnoses but given the quirks, using Snubs made sense to me. Keep them on MB1 and AC20 + MRM30 on MB2 and blast away. MRM30 on MB4 and Snubs + AC20 on MB3 for alternate firing mode to sandblast and then discharge 40 pinpoint damage is very viable.

3. BNC-3S

This one pumps out almost the same damage as a HGR + laser carriers. It has armour quirks to boot and runs faster. Heat is an issue of course but you can't have everything when trying to make a chassis work on something different. I did try using 3 LL + MLs but tonnage and heat was an even bigger issue.

Tried the build with LPL + MPLs and the heat was a little too much for my taste for gaining 3 extra damage.

4 BNC-3S

This is the same loadout as the Siren but done better at the cost of armour and not using all of the energy hardpoints.

So, any thoughts or tweaks you guys can come up with for those builds? Again, I know that there are far better chassis out there but the Banshee looks great, ok?

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 10 May 2020 - 02:34 AM.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:02 AM

The banshee 3s and to a degree the 3m are rly nice. Big CT but compensated by the good armor and heat buff

#3 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:13 AM

Banshees are great mechs.
They are just a bit harder to play than some other mechs.
My favourites are 3E and Siren. Both build around 2HPPC & 2AC5 & 2ERML.
The first one with XL350 and weapons in torsos ( https://mech.nav-alp...46007348_BNC-3E ), the second - XL375 (something like https://mech.nav-alp...1bcac874_BNC-SR ,but I dont remember the exact build)
As for 3S- there are multiple ways to make it work, the most I like is HGR+SNUB (hand) +6ML+LL. Requires ~STD300, but still cool. Abit tricky, but you can make headshots.

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:04 AM

I got a LasVom+Gauss Banshee which m.u.r.d.e.r.s. things.

you gotta stay invisible, though; it's hitboxes spell certain doom if a red can aim.
so do it like Monty Python preach and remain not to be seen. ;)

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:29 PM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 10 May 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

As for 3S- there are multiple ways to make it work, the most I like is HGR+SNUB (hand) +6ML+LL. Requires ~STD300, but still cool. Abit tricky, but you can make headshots.

I like to keep my builds to about a max of 3 weapon groups and ideally 2 in all cases. That build would overload my circuits Posted Image

#6 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

I put an MRM, AC20 and medium pulse lasers on my LM, it seemed pretty great. It's got decent agility and a heavy punch. I don't know about the other variants but I get the feeling that the 'Mech just fell off the radar. The game has so many chassis that just because a variant isn't thought of as meta doesn't mean it's not capable.

#7 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 11:47 PM

The LM is rly not the best banshee. Weird slots to low etc.

#8 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:53 AM

The fun thing about them is massive engines that make them go damn fast for a 95 tonner

#9 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:07 AM

my fav has to be the 3E 4xmpl 3xrac2

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:55 AM

idk, ive had a lot of great games in the bansh back in the olden days. i almost got ace with it once, and i would have killed that spider if it wasn't for that pesky game clock. only other mech i got close with is the anihilator.

they kind of got hit hard by engine desync though, running an xl400 isnt just suicide now. modern builds have that swapped out for an lfe which either slows it down or gimps your firepower, usually both. and so many other fast assaults have superseded its classic role. now you run it like you would a cyclops or highlander.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 May 2020 - 10:02 AM.

#11 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:18 AM

I have one . . . forget the model just now . . . set up with 6 ERLL and I will melt your face off with it. Only two weapon groups, three lasers each, and nice range.

#12 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:15 PM

LA MALINCHE

Swapped the mrm30 for an mrm40, the pulses are replaced with 4 meds and upgraded the engine to an lfe340, swapped one ton of ac10 ammo for another ton of mrm ammo.

#13 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:42 PM

I got my Ace of spades in this Banshee: https://mwo.smurfy-n...5f6f053c32ba879

Just a quick showcasing of the mech: https://vimeo.com/142972458

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 20 May 2020 - 04:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users