#1 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 312 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

A short analysis on the PSR.

It' s about how good you are AND how competitive you are. If you are a fun player "PSR" has no significance. The forum posters are most competitive in nature and thus biased, don' t know about the not-forum posters, anyways I' m not competitive in nature.

So here is a paradigma change: get rid of it. Kill the PSR. Everybody welcome, no more stat shaming, no more ego's telling you you actually don' t belong to their tier.

"But I invested alot of time investing and polishing my skills not to end up with low tier noobs".

There are two solutions to this.

1. Make a separate "elite" tier where you can only join when complying to set standards, for example having average matchscore of 400 or so, time based.

2. Make a handicap system like in golf: every player gets a "handicap" according to their rating; you could translate handicap in mwo into vulnerabillity (just a thought). So for instance if I end up in tier 5 I get an extra percentage armor rating, leveling off differences in players skill.

I would applaud option 2 but I realize I must be with both feets on the ground: The original MWO programmers with heart and soul are long gone...

Edited by Inatu Elimor, 05 June 2020 - 07:59 AM.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

View PostInatu Elimor, on 05 June 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

It' s about how good you are AND how competitive you are. If you are a fun player " PSR" has no significance. The forum posters are most competitive in nature and thus biased, don' t know about the not-forum posters, anyways I' m not competitive in nature.

PSR is a match making feature, not a reward system, it's not about being good or bad. It's about being placed against equally competent players (unless you're into ePeens).

#3 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:18 AM

View PostInatu Elimor, on 05 June 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

It' s about how good you are AND how competitive you are. If you are a fun player "PSR" has no significance. The forum posters are most competitive in nature and thus biased, don' t know about the not-forum posters, anyways I' m not competitive in nature.

So here is a paradigma change: get rid of it. Kill the PSR. Everybody welcome, no more stat shaming, no more ego's telling you you actually don' t belong to their tier.

"But I invested alot of time investing and polishing my skills not to end up with low tier noobs".

There are two solutions to this.

1. Make a separate "elite" tier where you can only join when complying to set standards, for example having average matchscore of 400 or so, time based.

2. Make a handicap system like in golf: every player gets a "handicap" according to their rating; you could translate handicap in mwo into vulnerabillity (just a thought). So for instance if I end up in tier 5 I get an extra percentage armor rating, leveling off differences in players skill.

I would applaud option 2 but I realize I must be with both feets on the ground: The original MWO programmers with heart and soul are long gone...

No.

If you are playing bracket builds, or bad at the game, or whatever, that's fine. You can be slotted into the matchmaker somewhere between tier 5 and tier 3.

Your handicap system is just a bad idea. Players are generally on equal footing in MWO, that is a good thing. P2W is quite limited, especially now with large amounts of MC given away in events. Nerfing players because they are good at the game, or boosting players because they are bad is a great way to wreck balance and drive players away.

#4 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 312 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:01 AM

View PostBrauer, on 05 June 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

No.

If you are playing bracket builds, or bad at the game, or whatever, that's fine. You can be slotted into the matchmaker somewhere between tier 5 and tier 3.

Your handicap system is just a bad idea. Players are generally on equal footing in MWO, that is a good thing. P2W is quite limited, especially now with large amounts of MC given away in events. Nerfing players because they are good at the game, or boosting players because they are bad is a great way to wreck balance and drive players away.

yes

#5 Negat1ve Nancy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

No
Get wrekt having fun
Till PGI fixes MM guid, but thats never gonna happen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users