Any Logic To Where Certain Hero Mechs Spawn?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:42 AM

I have been bouncing around the IS shopping for some hero mechs.
In my limited experience it seems like I will find the same heros in many places, but certain ones never pop up.
Are certain mechs found only within a particular political region?
I have been trying to read the forums and have seen articles about people searching for 'rare heros' like the Raven or Cyclops.
Personally, I would like to find a GreyDeath Shadowhawk.
Has anyone made any sense as to which faction may have sole proprietorship of certain chassis?
Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.
Peace

#2 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:06 AM

Where and how do you get the store to suck less? Im flyin around the Davion space, im 1 battle from reputation 6 and its just light mechs and 0 tier weapons, not even ammo for most of them.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:55 PM

Things move very slowly in early game.
Most missions are pretty easy since you do not have much of a stable of mechs yet.
The missions will get increasingly more difficult and the rewards will become more attractive as you progress.
My best advise to you would be to try not to pi$$ off any of the factions too much by selecting missions against pirates, insurgents, outlaws, and the like whenever you can to benefit all of the 'Houses'.
The reason for this is, later in the game you will be working in most, if not all political systems and you will have to purchase mechs and equipment from them.
If your reputation goes south, everything gets 'marked up' accordingly, and if your reputation remains neutral or good things are less expensive to buy, and you can even garner a discount if your reputation is very good.
Be patient, it will come.
Peace

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

tech seems to roll out with the game clock. certain mechs and variants are not available until certain years. hit the wait button a lot to speed things up. not sure how that pertains to heros. if these mechs are lore heroes probibly come available by their lore dates, otherwise they probably just fudge it.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 May 2020 - 07:24 PM.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:48 AM

I already have a Shadowhawk 2D that I acquired from salvage a while back, and I have seen other models on the battlefield and occasionally in a marketplace, so the timeline must be correct.
I was looking for the Shadowhawk GreyDeath Hero, and was wondering if a certain political faction controlled it. so I could hunt their star systems.
In the meantime, I have forestalled my primary quest while I build up my stable and acquire better lance mates.
It would be nice to know if PGI is using some kind of random location generator algorithm, or are planting Hero chassis according to lore.
There is always the possibility that the code writers know nothing about battletech history and place the heros in a per-determined path in conjunction with the main story line???

Oh-h-h, my head hurts now - Too much thinking - Not enough playing - - - - -
Peace

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users