The Question That Must Be Asked Regarding The Impending Psr Reset.

Social Metagame

47 replies to this topic

#41 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 31 May 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

- Post trimmed to save screen space, you ought to check it out though, its on the previous page now. -

Yeah I was trying to highlight the completely farcical nature of that other guys post.

I thank you for your explanation though, which seems to be very well reasoned. As you touched upon, in the absence of any real information of what the PSR system is based on, any understanding is of little consequence.

Therefore, I have decided to replace any further mention of "PSR" and "PSR Deviation" by Paul / PGI as reasoning or evidence to support a point of view with; "Techno Space Magic"

Edited by -Verti-, 31 May 2020 - 12:02 PM.

#42 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:47 PM

View Post-Verti-, on 31 May 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

Yeah I was trying to highlight the completely farcical nature of that other guys post.

I thank you for your explanation though, which seems to be very well reasoned. As you touched upon, in the absence of any real information of what the PSR system is based on, any understanding is of little consequence.

Therefore, I have decided to replace any further mention of "PSR" and "PSR Deviation" by Paul / PGI as reasoning or evidence to support a point of view with; "Techno Space Magic"

Maybe it is how you worded it but PSR provides movement up/down/none on the Tier bar by uses each player's ending Matchscore for that drop and where it falls on the PSR chart. Players used the Private Lobby to calculate the thresholds, with each movement amount noted by the Equal or Upper or Lower indicator and the number of chevelles. The only thing we not have is for each grouping, the exact amount of movement up/down the Tier.

We are not aware of the actual points given on the PSR thresholds, nor actual range of Tier.. ie Tier 5 is 0-3999, Tier 4 4000-7999, Tier 3 8000-11999, etc. Even if we knew that, it would not really be useful, UNLESS there is a difference in PSR points between a loss and win.. ie, a Medium Drop is only a partial amount of a Medium Rise.

Think of PSR as being color level for an NPC n other games, the amount of experience gain vs your current level. Green provides no Experience, Light Blue some, Dark Blue medium, Yellow greater than and Red being greatest amount.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 May 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

snip...

Graph to show where the thresholds have been calculated. Players who have a 171 MS average after playing 25K+ games are in Tiers 1 and 2. And Paul believes they are there because they are doing FANTASTIC only on losses?

How REDACTED is that? For a loss, I see no real reason to change the Loss thresholds, it is the low ceiling set for the Winning thresholds are set at, essentially a Participation Reward.

Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 31 May 2020 - 02:51 PM.

#43 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:44 PM

Ah yes, Techno Space Magic.

#44 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:32 AM

View Post-Verti-, on 31 May 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

So, what you're saying is Paul is a Space Wizard and PGI are our Comstar!

Posted Image

#45 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:04 AM

I love that image of ComStar as it makes thems realy look like space wizards ^_^

#46 CidemRaw

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:43 AM

I'm still encountering stomps often enough and with a cheese match score farming build i would still lose psr relatively often, regardless off a matchscore build overall outperforming close to 80% off the enemies matchscore, basing it solely off W/L and undervalueing matchscore with no account for enemy matchscore or overal performance or even inflated psr boosts for overperforming players (which would get them in higher brackets faster and as such get them away from underperformers as it should be).
Performers should be rewarded, underperformers should be punished, winning or losing could, depending on gamemode just come down to which side happened to be on the faster side off tonnage rng.

#47 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:17 AM

I hope people planning to "tank" for their stats do so on their main account.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Just sounds like people who, for some reason, have a deep hesitation about playing with people at real tier 1 rather than the fake tier 1 folk are used to.

Also sounds like a pre-made excuse. "Hahaha guys, i'm not tier 3,4,5 i just tanked to farm, hahahaha".

The group and solo queues are still merged so this whole tier business is still a fictional concept anyway especially since they're going to allow placement matches in a group drop.

The best aspect of the change is that it might incentivize players to stop playing solowarrioronline and start trying to coordinate with their team again because of the strict W/L rating system, but other than that...

Also, Tier 1 people might be shocked to find that some lower tiers are enjoyable precisely because many players who aren't pro will happily listen to someone who tries to give some structure. Drop commanding actually becomes harder as tier rises not because play is harder, but because more people are "too good" for any sort of teamwork and will "carry" their team so that when they lose yet again they can use their mic for the first time all round to explain that at least they individually had a high score.

#48 Yozaa

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

Its not that people are too good, but they are experienced enough that bad moves are plain to see.
And discussing the matters in a committee during game time, well just no time for that in game time.
People doing bad moves are not good enough to know heir moves are bad, bit of a vicious cycle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users