Staycation Event

23 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

Hello again... and please pardon me being depressed and ranting... :(

I get to eat my own words from before, quoted below...

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Anyway, I'm just looking forward now to playing well (provided the MatchMaker doesn't put me with bad Teammates that are hellbent on impeding progress) and getting through to the finish on the Challenge list. These stress-free Event editions are very much appreciated, particularly with the natural cooldown that they provide from any of the more tense situations.
...because I'm being actively slaughtered by the MatchMaker now since around 10 AM PDT today (2020-06-05), and keep finding myself put with teams that just don't work together and won't put themselves out to communicate. This also means that instead of not having extra stress to deal with... well... it's more like the stress is being heaped on in loads and piles. I've effectively hit that hellbent wall which blocks my own progression. Worse, seeing as I went and Redeemed the Active Premium Time from the Previous Event, and just before this chunk of trouble started because I thought that I might have a good day after a better Match before this happened, it means that I'm effectively being forced to just lose it now as being worthless. Tch... I'm starting to wonder if getting hit by a car would be more fun than what I'm experiencing and feeling right now. *facedesk* -_-

~D. V. "thoroughly feeling pulverized into the ground right now... not experiencing the joy of a Staycation..." Devnull

#22 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

Nope, being hit by a car would still be worse, trust me on that one.

I have noticed that whatever the event challenges, most of the time actively trying to achieve any of them seems to be very counterproductive. That's when I have to remind myself that just a bit more careful gameplay, extending your time alive in the match, seems the best trick. Trying very hard to do well seems to just make everything worse, especially my sense of fun.

This one is a match score challenge. It's accumulative, so any piddly little score will add it's piddly little number to it. There's no failure state. Drop in match and any result is a profit. Bad luck match? It happens, still a little profit.

#23 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 06 June 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

This one is a match score challenge. It's accumulative, so any piddly little score will add it's piddly little number to it. There's no failure state. Drop in match and any result is a profit. Bad luck match? It happens, still a little profit.

Unless you get a match like me yesterday. Epic Artillery Strike failure, with several teammates charging the "power-up". 0 matchscore though we won. I guess it was a greedy strike on my own part. Posted Image

#24 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:43 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 June 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Unless you get a match like me yesterday. Epic Artillery Strike failure, with several teammates charging the "power-up". 0 matchscore though we won. I guess it was a greedy strike on my own part. Posted Image

lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users