• LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:32 PM

First! I go to Disneyland!

#3 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:50 AM

Despite Mechwarrior 5 being on gamepass I still can only ever find two people streaming it at a time. There is next to no one talking about the game on any gaming discussion sites, heck there are just barely people discussing it here.

I also don't support business practices like getting people to invest promising one delivery option such as steam, then switching to a different platform some people are actively avoiding as an exclusive to that platform due to a payoff from that platform as was the case with Epic.

Actions like that hurt small developers who actually need early investments to make excellent games go from concept to reality, but get no support because consumers remember the last time they "invested" in Star Citizen, MW5, or some other bait and switch and close their wallets to talent due to a history of not accidental failure, but outright insulting choices.

I get it, business decisions are business decisions.

Consumer decisions are also consumer decisions.

Maybe next game.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 03 June 2020 - 05:50 AM.

#4 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

Still waiting on that steam release.

#5 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

Still waiting for the offer to transfer MWO mechs to MW5 multiplayer for ridiculous amount of cash.
Prophecy!

#6 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:12 PM

View PostExoForce, on 03 June 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Still waiting for the offer to transfer MWO mechs to MW5 multiplayer for ridiculous amount of cash.
Prophecy!

Prophecy: MWO will adopt MW5 Game Engine tech for a better game experience, in a ridiculous amount of time like 3050

#7 Aratiles

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:15 AM

Im waiting for new Mechs,

MW5 came out....nomore new Mechs for MWO.
Only Sale Sale Sale so MW5 gets better ....but whats with MWO?

Glad some Milkcows stayed in MWO*Thumbs up*

#8 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

View PostMoochachoo, on 03 June 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

Still waiting on that steam release.

Yup. With a discount to boot.

#9 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 03 June 2020 - 05:50 AM, said:

Despite Mechwarrior 5 being on gamepass I still can only ever find two people streaming it at a time. There is next to no one talking about the game on any gaming discussion sites, heck there are just barely people discussing it here.

I also don't support business practices like getting people to invest promising one delivery option such as steam, then switching to a different platform some people are actively avoiding as an exclusive to that platform due to a payoff from that platform as was the case with Epic.

Actions like that hurt small developers who actually need early investments to make excellent games go from concept to reality, but get no support because consumers remember the last time they "invested" in Star Citizen, MW5, or some other bait and switch and close their wallets to talent due to a history of not accidental failure, but outright insulting choices.

I get it, business decisions are business decisions.

Consumer decisions are also consumer decisions.

Maybe next game.

Couldnt agree more. This franchise needs more attention and deserved praise. Gut wrecking yourself with such decicions just makes sure it will turn into oblivion..

Also I'll wait for Steam release, even though its nice to see it on Microsoft Xbox game pass ( can buy it withouth too ).
Steam have an absolute enmasse of users/ players. Having MWO there helps a bit. Also not forget to release it on GOG aswell, the brainchild of CD projekt RED. Have a discount prepared when needed and it will sell well.
Mechs are IMO more into focus than for say... a decade ago.

#10 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:41 AM

Epic -> Unreal Engine -> MW5 ... this simple fact says it all. Rational people will never buy MW5.

#11 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:54 AM

I've just uninstalled MW5 game.
I was playing it at Microsoft Store (why not Steam??? - if this game is avaible at MS, so it's not EPIC exlusive anymore - but still, you haven't put it into Steam - I don't get how stupid your business decision was - ofc in my point of view, I understand it could be fine business option anyway) thanks to their gamepass promotion. And...
And..
And :'(
This game is not even a joke. It's such a terrible game that I've turned from overhyped (STILL!!! after all those months!) fan waiting for his beloved game (I was waiting for MW5 game since 2010 heavly, since 2007 - dreaming about it after marvellous MW4) into man who simple uninstalled this game. And I will never come back to this. PGI, what have you done :'(

So good there is Battletech game, made with heart and brain. I, with my eyes wet, admit - I am not going to buy Mechwarrior 5, even if it will be available at gog.com, which I prefer more over Steam, which is "must have" to start thinking about buying this game.

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 10 June 2020 - 12:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users