Misfire

6 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

Not sure where to post a bug since I cannot find a forum to report game defects, so here it is.

I acquired a Raven Hero mech and was experimenting with some builds when I discovered this error.
When I equip my Raven with an LRM5 and take it into battle, the LRM will only fire intermittently.
I target an enemy (within firing range)
Press the launch button.
The missiles will fly to the target - - - sometimes.

About 50% of the time, you will HEAR the missiles launch but they never actually appear, nor does the target receive damage (from invisible missiles).
Once this happens, you can attempt to fire on the same target, but the projectiles will not appear.
***NOTE: the ammo count goes down every time I shoot even when it misfires.***
'Sometimes' if you change targets, the LRM's will work again briefly.
I can repeat this on any map or mission type, so it is not anything associated with the graphics processing or CPU loading.

I have noticed other bugs, like 'rare weapons' or mission icons appearing on the star map, but on a planet that is not in an industrial hub or warzone??? (actually took a screenshot the 1st time this happened but just ignore it when I see it now)

Please assist.
Peace

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

to report a bug, go to the official Discord https://discord.gg/2DXB6Zt

Check your 3D model of the raven. It might be that the launcher points in a wierd direction. I think there were issues with the raven and the highlander once. No Idea if these were patched already.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:19 PM

Thank you for the link and advise, Aidan.
The problem is not the mounting of the missile rack or the direction the projectiles leave the mech, but that it fires (you both hear it, and the mech shudders as if launching but no missiles come out of it).
The ammo count drops so the application is processing a launch, but nothing comes out of the launcher and no damage is applied.
This is the only mech (so far) that I have noticed this bug.
FYI - Not that it makes any difference, but when the missiles actually fire, their flight path is a bit strange - kind of 'snakes' it's way to the target. (up and down not side to side) (firing in the open with no obstruction between myself and the target).
NOTE: tried the link, but it appears to require a login/account with Discord.
I would prefer not to use Discord due to the published security/privacy issues.
Here is one of many examples:
https://spyware.neoc...es/discord.html

Any alternative to forward a bug report to the Dev's?
Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 04 June 2020 - 12:19 PM.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Email support@mw5mercs.com or technical@mw5mercs.com

These are the other options to contact them about problems. On discord you have the chance to maybe get some faster reactions though. Also maybe someone else encountered the bug and give you a workaround.

About Discord beeing spyware. Reading the first few sentances I was laughing....so Discord is just 90% of what everyone else is doing. Sometimes more open, sometimes less.

Edited by Nesutizale, 04 June 2020 - 01:27 PM.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for the alternate links, Nes.
I will reach out to them and report back if there is a fix/workaround, or if it will be something they will add in a patch.

Anyone else that has the Raven Hero equipped with LRM seeing this?
If not, I will assume it is something unique about my system, installation, patches, (I have installed up to 236), or perhaps settings that is triggering this.

As far as Discord's policies being the same as other similar platforms, this may be true, however, when I first was going to sign up and install it, I did a little independent research and it appears that Discord was getting a lot of flack from a lot of places about their policies and practices, and decided to error on the side of caution.
Some examples:
https://nordvpn.com/...iscord-malware/
https://www.forbes.c...-investigators/
https://www.tomsguid...eview-5104.html

I am fully aware that there are thousands of users who swear by Discord, and I am not throwing salt on this.
It is obviously a data collection/distribution platform, but it provides a service that people like and if they are aware of Discord privacy issues, then it becomes a moot point.
Peace

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:01 AM

Did a bit of cross reading on the links.

Wanted to write a long respons but lets see if I can shorten it.

- Most of the stuff mentioned is not done by Discord but hackers.
- People still falling for the "link of an unknown person that I have to click because reasons"
- Discord says it will use your data, also not that clearly, in its AGB/Terms of service. People agreeing to it and then wonder that companies do as they have said they will.

In that regard is Discord bad...well not much more then others. I mean are there actualy people that belive that "free" is actualy without costs?

Anyway I think that everyone has to come to terms with that on their own. What data do you think are worth protecting and if and how you should use a given service.

I actualy find it good that you looked into it before using it. I have on my end decided that I simply won't share certain information over discord and use a dumpster-Email adress.
I will never share family related stuff and so on. For what games I play and music I listen to...thats data discord can know for all I care. Hopefully some analyst will find out that I like stomping around with mechs and tell a big company with and M and S in the name that there are people who like such games and that they should do one too, if you know what I mean ^_^

I think its even good to share some data with companies. Like when I turned off my amazon recommendations and got tons of **** still recommended. I quickly turned data collection back on to get stuff that is of interest to me...because you will still get advertising anyway. Might as well be something relevant to me.

And now its again a wall of text, sorry for that ^_^

#7 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:07 AM

No need to apologize, Nes.
I greatly appreciate your opinion and agree that the benefits can outweigh the privacy issues, if managed properly.
Thank you for your input.

I am holding off on filing a bug report about the Raven hero and false-firing LRM's until I get some feedback from other users who are experiencing the same or similar issue.
If I get no response to this request from the community, I must assume I am the victim of a unique issue, and will not bother the Dev's to look into it.
Happy Mech Stomping.
Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users