Small Improvements To The Game

1 reply to this topic

#1 Stopsignal

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

Hello! Love the game, have played mechwarrior stuff since i was a kid.

I got some small suggestions to alleviate stuff that, frankly, rubs me the wrong way. Just small niggles here and there.

I hope it's stuff that is small enough to be easy to implement.
Probs not gonna happen but it's nice to dream, eh.

1- Add existing maps to the quick play rotation.

I have never ever gotten into a faction match. I play super casually so i kind of don't want to either. Having checked the maps by themselves offline, they are great!
Most could absolutely work with a few changes to the spawns. More maps is more life to the game, and that's a good thing.

2- I think it's time to let people play with in-game mechs. You know, like when you die early and can't use them.

Sometimes i'm trying out a new build or something, and i get absolutely blasted, specially when playing light mechs.
Then you gotta wait for the whole game to end, and that last ECM flea to die, to start playing the same mech you still aren't used to. Can be a bit infuriating at times, y'know! Kinda adding salt to the wound of dying early.
Made me leave the game a couple times and just stop playing.
I mean, if you want me to vary chassis i can always do that, but usually this stuff happens when you are testing something new, and it absolutely cuts off your stride.

3- Change random spawns in such a way so the center of the fight is also more random.

Doesn't matter where you spawn, the "heat zone" of the map, the part where the fight develops and breaks out, is usually the same place.
Same center, same running around it, every time. Buildings in Grim Plexus, that center bit in the canyon, that center mountain in viridian bog.
Maybe spawning players in different zones could push those "centers" a bit, and thus bring new life to old maps, and make you think about where you are more, like the corridors in the canyon or the rivers of the starting zones in the bog. Could even change that disgusting center in terra therma, hahahah.

With this comes this
3-2 Change the "domination" center, make it randomized too. Because that would be really fun! Possibly imbalanced, i guess, so consider this one with a grain of salt. Could be fun, though.

4- Changing the "Choose map" section.
IMO, the ideal scenario for this would be- Two maps, choose either. Can't choose gamemode.

Why? Well, to add variety, again. The other week i played HPG Manifold three times in a row, and it was kind of tiring. And of course, it's always either skirmish, domination, or assault.

You could still choose one of two maps, however, but at least there is more chances for those weird combinations of map and gamemode i have never ever seen.

5- oh god please erase the incursion gamemode it's literally assault but with more bells and whistles.
The cell stuff is not that good to make it worthwhile, and attacking a base that literally on the other side of the map is something that you need your whole team in a coordinated attack, otherwise it's just ignored.
My opinion would be to use the defenses and walls and stuff to literally cut the map in half with them, with one team defending a huge base and the other team attacking. However, this is just dreaming, i know. It's also how faction play kind of works but again, never tried that.

Or maybe even making a base in the center of the map. Would be interesting to see the center of HPG with walls and defendes. Would remind me of custom MW4 maps.

6- Add some more callouts to the communication wheel. i think two are definitely needed: "Regroup" and "Push". I think those would give people the morale to be more aggressive safely as a group, and also to regroup, as sometimes you get caught up in the moment and get too far off the team.

7- Bring the argus.
it's a really bad mech, it sucks. I love it.

TLDR:
-Add FP maps to QP
-Let you play with mechs already in game
-Random/More random spawns
-Only be able to choose 2 maps, no gamemode option
-Delete/severely change Incursion
-More callouts.

Please give your opinion! I think these are all positive changes. It's all about squishing that last extra content and gameplay from this stone of a game, hahahah.

#2 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

the "mech is in battle" is to prevent people from dropping in a lot of matches to farm CB quickly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users