Microphone Issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:32 AM

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Just got a new Headset with microphone as my old one died. I cant get the microphone to work in MWO for some reason. It tests out good in windows, sound works in MWO but microphone doesnt work. Its a Razer NAVI headset.

Thanks in advance..

#2 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:06 AM

Quick guess : MWO is still using the old mic.

So you could try removing any reference to the old mic from Windows' audio peripherals for starters : Right mouse click on the Windows audio-level icon located in the bottom Windows Task Bar, next to the Windows Task Bar clock.

Edited by Warning incoming Humble Dexterer, 06 June 2020 - 04:07 AM.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:57 AM

change the input device in mwo settings back to default or select your razer.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

View PostAndross Deverow, on 05 June 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Just got a new Headset with microphone as my old one died. I cant get the microphone to work in MWO for some reason. It tests out good in windows, sound works in MWO but microphone doesnt work. Its a Razer NAVI headset.

Thanks in advance..

Andross, are you trying to use the Microphone with multiple programs at the same time? If so, you'll need to do the following to prevent any one program from stealing the Microphone all for itself...
  • Right-Click your Volume icon in your Taskbar's little tray on the right
  • Left-Click the "Sounds" item
  • In the "Sound" Control Panel dialog that appears, Left-Click on "Recording"
  • Left-Click on your Razer Navi's Microphone
  • Left-Click on the "Properties" button
  • In this next dialog that appears, Left-Click on the "Advanced" tab
  • Starting from the bottom of the two checkboxes in the "Exclusive Mode" section of that tab, uncheck them both
  • After doing that, press the "Apply" button immediately, in order to ensure this change is not lost
  • After you have done that, Left-Click on the "Levels" and "Listen" tabs, using their functions to further ensure you have the Microphone set properly
  • When you are done there, make sure "Listen to this device" on the "Listen" tab is also unchecked, then Left-Click the "OK" button on the Razer Navi's Microphone's dialog to ensure that the desired changes are fully saved
  • Once you are back in the first "Sound" Control Panel dialog, Right-Click the Razer Navi's Microphone device entry twice, in order to Left-Click both the "Set as Default Device" and "Set as Default Communication Device" items
  • Once done, press the "Apply" button immediately, in order to notify Windows as to where your programs should be looking for your intended Microphone of choice, in this case being the Razer Navi's Microphone
  • While you are still in the first "Sound" Control Panel dialog, also Left-Click on the "Communications" tab
  • Out of the four circular buttons you find there, unless there is a reason you need volume reduction when you happen to be speaking, select the button to the left of "Do Nothing" on that tab
  • If you do have to select one of the others, or stick with whatever is there, be forewarned that doing so WILL make it harder to hear other sounds from programs while you're speaking, which includes MWO when you are in-combat
  • With all of that stepped through and done, Left-Click the "OK" button to save the changes and close the dialog
  • As a final step, restart ALL the programs attempting to use any attached Microphones, in order to expire unwarranted/unwanted extra control that any of them may still have over the Microphones
  • Before I forget, make sure that any Microphone-using applications – in their own settings, for this part – are configured to use whatever they can find as the Default device, unless there is a specific device which you want them to use
...and with all of that done, you should then have your Razer Navi's Microphone – and any others you wish to use – completely ready to use with any Microphone-using application on your system. Should you find that you still have any problems, and you're on Windows 10, any previous changes will NOT be the culprit. At this point, you would then need to make sure that your computer's privacy-related settings are not blocking the use of a Microphone with your intended Microphone-using applications on your computer. :huh:

To wrap this up, and answer a question anyone might have here... I can ensure that these instructions are useful on at least Windows 7 and Windows 10... I don't know about inbetween versions or Windows Vista & earlier... :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "hope this fixes your issue with the Razer Navi's Microphone on your computer" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users