Looking To Buy A Few Mechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 Grimm Hammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

Looking at buying a few new mechs. Looking at the blood asp for support and heavy sniping. Also looking at the fafnir for brawling. Recommendations for new mechs? Thanks

#2 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

View PostGrimm Hammer, on 09 June 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

Looking at buying a few new mechs. Looking at the blood asp for support and heavy sniping. Also looking at the fafnir for brawling. Recommendations for new mechs? Thanks

Fafnir-5 with quad LBX10/ECM and Fafnir-5B with dual HG/MPL/ECM are excellent short-range mechs

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:59 PM

View PostGrimm Hammer, on 09 June 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

Madcat 2c does everything and does it better :P

#4 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

Blood Asp is one of the better mechs available. A bit hard to use because of how huge and easy to target its side torsos are, but the loadouts it can carry make up for it. My personal favourite is the BAS-A with 2ERPPC + 3UAC5.

MCII-B can carry more firepower than the Blood Asp, but like the BAS has weak shoulders, the fat cat has arms made of paper. Skilled opponents can and will target those arms and disarm the mech. Against less skilled opponents the Mad Cat will output more damage.

Fatnirs don't seem to be that good. They seem fragile for how heavy they are.

Edited by Gagis, 11 June 2020 - 01:05 AM.

#5 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:41 AM

Blood asp is a worse Mad Cat MKII and Fafnir hitboxes are easy to isolate plus you'll be constantly left behind in YOLO queue. Wouldn't recommend either of those.

#6 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:03 AM

Maybe you have a Look at the Marauder IIC Hero mech.
With 2 x LBX 20 and 4 x SRM it hast pretty good hitboxes and is very fast for an assault.
One of the very rare hero’s that is realy worth its money.
MC ll is also a very good brawler.

#7 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:25 AM

Rifleman IIC 2 is great for fire support and heavy sniping if you know how to position well. Very noob friendly too since it's not hindered by the low engine cap, but I'd recommend not going any higher than a 235 XL since the mech doesn't rely on speed and more on ammo count. I run primarily the prime variant, but try out the IIC 2 before committing to the prime to make sure you like the mech first.

Any of the Marauder IIC mechs I can recommend depending on what your preferences are. The base prime variant is fantastic for laser vomit which is what I run. The Gargoyle Kin Wolf is a fast assault with decent brawling capabilities.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 11 June 2020 - 07:25 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:46 PM

i haven't been able to get blood asps to work for me, id rather just run an annihilator or my ultraviolet.

View PostArnold The Governator, on 11 June 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

Rifleman IIC 2 is great for fire support and heavy sniping if you know how to position well. Very noob friendly too since it's not hindered by the low engine cap, but I'd recommend not going any higher than a 235 XL since the mech doesn't rely on speed and more on ammo count. I run primarily the prime variant, but try out the IIC 2 before committing to the prime to make sure you like the mech first.

Any of the Marauder IIC mechs I can recommend depending on what your preferences are. The base prime variant is fantastic for laser vomit which is what I run. The Gargoyle Kin Wolf is a fast assault with decent brawling capabilities.

i like the lpl rifleman iic, as it has a quirk that lets you fire all four without ghost heat. great hill humper.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 June 2020 - 05:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users