• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:38 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 June 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

I do the sales and events not paul.
I have added Resistance II mechs and the Blackjack and King Crab.
Sorry for the mix up.

Well, now, don't I just feel sheepish. :) I got the both of you confused with Paul Newman. Must have been really tired. Posted Image

#22 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:40 AM

Meh. Packs will go on sale again soon. I'd wager they sale more often than everything else within a year.

Patience is a virtue.

But I needs me a new KC rriigghhtt nnooww!

#23 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:27 AM

Thanks for the help Dev Null was looking for invasion and didn’t scroll down far enough on the list it appears to see resistance.

#24 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:42 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 June 2020 - 04:38 AM, said:

Well, now, don't I just feel sheepish. Posted Image I got the both of you confused with Paul Newman. Must have been really tired. Posted Image

OK, Now I want a Paul Newman spec'd mech.

#25 Polecat19

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

there is no banner on the MC 50% off. Is it going on ?

#26 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:04 PM

View PostGARION26, on 14 June 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Thanks for the help Dev Null was looking for invasion and didn’t scroll down far enough on the list it appears to see resistance.

You're welcome. ^_^

By the way, don't forget to use the 'Quote' Button, retain the proper section of text within the tags, and have it post with your message. I ended up having to read down through the thread to find there was any reply to me, instead of being able to pick right up on the conversation. :mellow:

~D. V. "getting the message and replying after some confusion" Devnull

#27 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:22 AM

Matt would never change the deal, he would never do that to us, .....

#28 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 15 June 2020 - 07:22 AM, said:

Matt would never change the deal, he would never do that to us, .....

I find your post both funny and likeable. :lol:

Matt Newman, the ever-awesome dude that they are, has already changed the deal at least once, and made it better in the process! Just read the whole thread so far, and you'll see what I mean. :D

~D. V. "Funny, man... He already did, and it got better!" Devnull

[Micro-Edit by Post Author to fix a formatting error...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 15 June 2020 - 07:39 AM.

#29 Adrian Burton

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Still hoping that there also be a Shop-Discount for the packs. Posted Image

#30 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

Wish they would surprise us with a all new mech pack...... but we all know this gamenisnon life support now. I may self haven't been playing as much as I use to.

#31 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

Maybe they will. Who knows.

Suit up and launch :)

#32 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Thx, PGI!

#33 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:57 PM

View PostAdrian Burton, on 15 June 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

Still hoping that there also be a Shop-Discount for the packs. Posted Image

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 15 June 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

Wish they would surprise us with a all new mech pack...... but we all know this gamenisnon life support now. I may self haven't been playing as much as I use to.

View PostBolo Atari, on 15 June 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

Maybe they will. Who knows.

Suit up and launch Posted Image

Well, I do know a Mech that they should introduce. Let me give you some links...

--->> https://www.sarna.net/wiki/UrbanMech_IIC
--->> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/249005-urbanmech-iic-clans-need-their-urbienlightenment-too-poll/

...so that you may also read about it and know. :D

~Mr. D. V. "ALL HAIL THE RISE OF THE 'URBANMECH IIC'!!!" Devnull

#34 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:53 AM

new event when?

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:05 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 16 June 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

new event when?

Cool your jets, man! Let that awesome Matt come out with those naturally. Otherwise, the Event Quality will end up suffering, which usually has a result of me going into dissertation mode. I'm sure that you don't want to get me started, otherwise that then leads to a sequence of other things. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Or did you want to trigger a 'Mr. DVD Rant' this week?" Devnull

#36 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

Okay... so this Sale happened to help a bit... Matt Newman (and whoever else is involved) has my DEFINITE THANKS for putting it up, as it allowed me to pre-stock some Weapons for later. :D

Now I'm stuck looking forward to a future Engine Sale & Mech Bay Sale, because I stupidly hesitated on the last ones. Heck, there's probably a Mech or two I should have bought on this Invasion/Resistance Sale, but I'm not doing that well at exploring the In-Game Store right now. -_-

~D. V. "Thanks for the Weapons Sale... Now I wish I had not choked on other Sale runs..." Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author for a word that didn't sit well in the flow of things.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 16 June 2020 - 10:18 AM.

#37 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:00 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 June 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

Now I'm stuck looking forward to a future Engine Sale & Mech Bay Sale, because I stupidly hesitated on the last ones.

Well, there's always farming the 'mech bays in the Faction Rewards... Unless you've already gotten the first two from every faction. You've gotta really like playing Faction to invest the time required for the third, fourth, and fifth bays available from each Faction's rewards tree.

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 16 June 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

Well, there's always farming the 'mech bays in the Faction Rewards... Unless you've already gotten the first two from every faction. You've gotta really like playing Faction to invest the time required for the third, fourth, and fifth bays available from each Faction's rewards tree.

I already got some from there prior to a bundle of changes to how Faction Play works. The only thing I don't know about is, if you select a side, can you later drop your alignment with that chosen side and select another? Not having that answer is what's keeping me from going back into Faction Play, because I try to help keep the queues functional/playable/enjoyable when I possibly can. Getting deadlocked into one side would thoroughly defeat that, and I would then subsequently find MWO unenjoyable due to that deadlock preventing me from freely making my own choices. :(

~Mr. D. V. "...when choice disappears in games, it destroys and ruins the enjoyability of things..." Devnull

#39 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:01 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 June 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

I already got some from there prior to a bundle of changes to how Faction Play works. The only thing I don't know about is, if you select a side, can you later drop your alignment with that chosen side and select another? Not having that answer is what's keeping me from going back into Faction Play, because I try to help keep the queues functional/playable/enjoyable when I possibly can. Getting deadlocked into one side would thoroughly defeat that, and I would then subsequently find MWO unenjoyable due to that deadlock preventing me from freely making my own choices. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "...when choice disappears in games, it destroys and ruins the enjoyability of things..." Devnull

There is no longer any deserter penalty. It takes maybe 30 seconds to change faction alignment with absolutely no downside (plus drop deck reconfiguration time, if you don't already have Clan/IS decks ready to go).

Edit: there's no more Probationary period, anymore, either. You can hot-swap factions to your heart's content.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 16 June 2020 - 01:24 PM.

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 16 June 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

There is no longer any deserter penalty. It takes maybe 30 seconds to change faction alignment with absolutely no downside (plus drop deck reconfiguration time, if you don't already have Clan/IS decks ready to go).

Edit: there's no more Probationary period, anymore, either. You can hot-swap factions to your heart's content.

Actually, there is a downside after passing Rank 20 and earning additional Loyalty Points that I heard about, but that's beside the point right now. :mellow:

As for my question so far, thank you for helping my brain to get a grip on it. :)

I am left with one last thing to ask in regard to that question, however... Where's the button after you've hooked up with a Faction that you use in order to leave it again? PGI hasn't been very clear about some things. :o

~D. V. "still trying to wrap their mind around the whole Faction matter" Devnull

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users