How To Not Die Alone In The Nascar

34 replies to this topic

#1 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

It's a simple solution really. If your teammates run away while you clearly tell them you need help, and they insist on running away anyway, as an assault you have a very easy way to wrangling these ******* to do something productive.

If you alpha strike on a teammate's back while he's running away, you can force him to turn around. Then he might be able to help you fight off the incoming enemies. And they don't turn around, well, at least make him pay for not being a team player.

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

Something I've done a few times before. Often I aimed for a leg rather than rear torso since many people only have a mere 9-10 back armor. I'd rather not tk unless someone is being a traitor. Sometimes it's better just to over ride and cook yourself since you can't do any thing else. You might get lucky and get a kill as you die alone while 11 former teammates watch. 100 ton paperweight can't run but it can hit one thing hard once per match. Doubt even if I had an 400 engine with speed tweek I'd use an assault. Slugs too dam slow for the robo-nascar that is game play now.

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

This thread is going places. Slowly, at 48 kph.

#4 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:59 PM

Want to know the real secret to not dying alone in the nascar?

Bring a friend.
Take a power position.
Wreck the enemy team as they go through their first lap.
Profit.

#5 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:52 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 19 May 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

"...many people only have a mere 9-10 back armor."

Who has that much back armor..? I have 2-4 points in my back armor, so if the OP "alphas" my back, I'm losing components. But I guess I need to be extra careful when playing with OP in my team since he is just as dangerous as an enemy behind me then.

If nascar is a problem to you, play lighter faster mechs. I don't see any benefit to your cause in a teammate that turns around but has half his mech busted.

Edited by Gladiolix, 19 May 2020 - 10:53 PM.

#6 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:04 PM

Ye, thats the way to have fun in a game, play something you dont like. Could be one of the reasons why playerpool has dwindled a little bit. Thinking mans shooter, LOL.

#7 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

If you bring a mech slower than 55 kph you deserve to die.

You are anchor holding your team back.

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:27 PM

Don't play soup queue as a slow mech, especially alone now. If you do insist on play soup queue, bring meta mechs and do your own thing.

#9 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

Depends a bit on when you are getting left behind. If this happens just after moving away from the original spawn, then the proper solution would be to rethink some/most of the map spawns (or you can use faster mechs, or join a group). If you are left behind when the team is murderballing, then there are a couple of things you can try:

1. Communication is the key. Talk beforehand about what you want the team to do. And remember, this does not mean to say what the team should not to do (e.g. "please don't nascar"). If you don't want the team to do something, give them an alternative. Learn to use the command wheel to ask for help as some players don't enable voip.

2. Cut through the middle (and in effect flank the enemy). The nascaring mechs more often have blinders on and follow each other like lemmings in a row. Don't be a lemming.

3. Use UAV's to show where the enemy is. Most of the team can be busy with something else that they don't see the same tactical situation as you do. Also, if your team has missile boats, they might help you.

4. Positioning. Assaults should be in the frontline. Try to think on how you end up at the tail, especially if your other slow mechs don't seem to have the problem. You could also stick together with another mech of comparable speed and shoot what it is shooting so that you would not end up alone in the back.

I would not recommend shooting a teammate into the back to solve this issue as that mech can just start to nascar even harder to get a way from the shooting. There are also the time penalties + you can heat your mech. Even if your teammate would start helping you, the end result would most likely be that you would die together. Putting an alpha to the face of the first fast enemy mech that tries to get to you (and preferrably kill it) works also much better.

Edited by MeanMachinE, 20 May 2020 - 02:20 AM.

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:44 PM

If you do get left behind, stay out of the way of the enemy team's rotation, follow them, then pounce when they're busy engaging your team. Or wait for your team to come around again and rejoin them.

Edited by Horseman, 19 May 2020 - 11:44 PM.

#11 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:12 AM

its a long and interesting problem ( am not talking about shooting your teammate in the back lol)

problem
slower non JJ mechs moving to join up with the team or slower Mechs trying to stay with the team

these mechs get run down and killed

what do you guys think is at the core of the problem?

or maybe you don't think its a problem?

we can all probably agree that there are a few maps that have spots
that if you drop there your in big trouble if in a slower non JJ mech

I should mention I dont own any very slow Mechs

#12 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 20 May 2020 - 02:12 AM, said:

To oversimplify, teamplay. To correct the problem "group up with the fatties" (or slow mechs). The assaults/slow mechs can carry the team to victory, but they need the support. Mediums and lights should protect the big guys so that they get to the line safely. Following the minimap also helps.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:44 AM

View PostMeanMachinE, on 20 May 2020 - 02:35 AM, said:

Following the minimap also helps.

Mini-map is LosTech to majority of the people in this game.

#14 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:53 AM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 19 May 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

It's a simple solution really. If your teammates run away while you clearly tell them you need help, and they insist on running away anyway, as an assault you have a very easy way to wrangling these ******* to do something productive.

If you alpha strike on a teammate's back while he's running away, you can force him to turn around. Then he might be able to help you fight off the incoming enemies. And they don't turn around, well, at least make him pay for not being a team player.

I just don't pilot assault mechs all that much to avoid being left behind. If a team mate fires me in the back, I'll just rotate my torso so the back isn't in los and if I find out it was a team mate, I'd assist the enemy by firing back.

#15 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:57 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 20 May 2020 - 02:12 AM, said:

its a long and interesting problem ( am not talking about shooting your teammate in the back lol)

problem
slower non JJ mechs moving to join up with the team or slower Mechs trying to stay with the team

these mechs get run down and killed

or maybe you don't think its a problem?

we can all probably agree that there are a few maps that have spots
that if you drop there your in big trouble if in a slower non JJ mech

I should mention I dont own any very slow Mechs

The problem is people choosing their mech before the match starts and being unable to change things. Only having one life as well. If you drop in with an assault and most people are piloting something that can't afford to take direct sustained fire, they're not going to and there is nothing you can do about it. There is no problem, but people in assault mechs need to understand that different mechs have different strengths and it's insane to think that a medium and the softer heavy mechs are gonna sit there and tank with you. IMO, the problem is assault mechs believing that focus fire doesn't put them down in seconds.

#16 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:39 AM

View PostZirconium Kaze, on 20 May 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

The problem is people choosing their mech before the match starts and being unable to change things. Only having one life as well. If you drop in with an assault and most people are piloting something that can't afford to take direct sustained fire, they're not going to and there is nothing you can do about it. There is no problem, but people in assault mechs need to understand that different mechs have different strengths and it's insane to think that a medium and the softer heavy mechs are gonna sit there and tank with you. IMO, the problem is assault mechs believing that focus fire doesn't put them down in seconds.

We already have a mode with respawns it's called Faction Play.

Choosing a mech after the map is chosen will lead to a dramatic stagnation in the meta. Alpine and Polar will be blue lasers, peeps, and lurms, Solaris City will be dakka and brawl, etc..

If you want the respawn + pick your mech experience play Faction. It already exists....

#17 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:46 AM

the problem is NOT the assault-mech, however.

it's the special snowflake that 'just knows better' - and then collides with reality.

#18 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:32 AM

View PostZirconium Kaze, on 20 May 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

Largely irrelevant with soup Q out. With 3 players I can break any nascar. You just need mid to long range weapons at a position to post up ahead of the enemy movement. Solo pugs will charge one mech, but they'll hesitate to charge two and outright refuse to charge three. When the first guy pops his head around the corner and gets lit up, the rest will come to a dead stop. Nascar defeated. You can play range on almost any map. The only hard limitation is the spawn points, some of which can be very prohibitive.

#19 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

as a personal rule i dont run anything slower than 64 kph rn

#20 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:52 AM

View PostGladiolix, on 19 May 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

Who has that much back armor..? I have 2-4 points in my back armor, so if the OP "alphas" my back, I'm losing components. But I guess I need to be extra careful when playing with OP in my team since he is just as dangerous as an enemy behind me then.

If nascar is a problem to you, play lighter faster mechs. I don't see any benefit to your cause in a teammate that turns around but has half his mech busted.

You must die a lot and watch of the loading-drop screens. That puny lack back armor makes my lights play like god mode when I get into the death arc of a 100 ton paper weight.

How my lights feel:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users