#41 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 08 July 2020 - 04:22 AM, said:

You realize that games that include a "skill tree/xp system" grind are designed to make players suffer disadvantage so that they feel pressured to purchase premium time/boosts- correct? That PGI has had a long history of releasing mechs at ridiculously overpowered when they could only be purchased with cash then "fixed" just in time for the cbill release?

Considering that they have events that give away premium time, MC and GSP, which can vary from being generous to mediocre I never felt pressured to purchase premium time or xp boosts for as long as I played this game. One thing I can agree on is that it shouldn't cost MC to convert regular mech XP to GSP, when I'm overflowing with Cbills with nothing to spend them on. The skill tree at least gives some kind of incentive to make mechs better out of the box while adding somewhat build diversity, but I was completely happy with the module system before skill trees were introduced.

Either way as a player I adapted to the changes and moved on. I don't mind theory crafting, but PGI should at least educate newer players on how the skill tree system works since it is rather overwhelming to newcomers.

#42 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

View PostMorhadel, on 17 June 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

I have been a Mechwarrior Fan since 1996, It is my favorite IP. But between MWO and MW5 mercs, I wish PGI and Russ had never gotten their hands on this IP. When I started playing the Beta, awesome, they have plenty of room to make this game great, And then the Downward Spiral happened, has just gotten worse. MW5 comes out and I'm all ready for it to be amazing, and when playing mw5, I catch my self thinking, god I wish this was more like MWO. and thats when I realize they took everything that the community disliked about MWO and doubled down on it in MW5. I am above $1000 invested in this with PGI and I regret every Dime. No forum for MW5, well they learned that form the community warfare they started against the community. PGI will never get another dime from me, NOT even if they make another game, The best thing that could happen to the Mechwarrior IP is for PGI to loose it.

And I am just the opposite- I have spent as much and when I think of the 10,000 hours of play= money well spent. To each their own- my opinion take the new mechanics from MW5, remake MWO and you would have a winner. MW5, now that is another story, couldn't really be much more cut and paste and bland than that, I was super disappointed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users