Fix Spawns

1 reply to this topic

#1 Beastmaster33

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

So as everybody knows, the combination of group and solo queues make the game no longer filter mechs into specific lances by tonnage. That is O.K. to an extent in and of itself, but all the spawn locations are based on presumed tonnage of the 'mechs in the lance. In other words, the spawn locations on any map/mode combo for alpha lance are based on the idea that it is light mechs and small mediums. Likewise, the spawn locations for Charlie lance are based on the assumption that most of the mechs are heavier.

Since this is obviously no longer the case, I propose changing the spawns a little bit on ALL smaller maps to help avoid getting overrun by fast moving enemies in the first minute because your mech is too slow to make it to any "rally point" and you just get obliterated. It happens all the time on small maps, but Canyon Network is the worst. Almost every game, several assaults and slower heavies from one team or the other get completely overrun before they can get through their "starting trench" and meet up with their team. Faster mechs are starting way too close to the other teams' slower ones due to the subtraction of tonnage based lances. Doesn't each team deserve an equal chance to succeed?

On a related note, the spawns on Alpine Peaks are also terrible. The team that starts at the top of the mountain has a far better chance of winning. I don't know if PGI collects data on this, but I would bet it would support my point.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,252 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:14 AM

Consider your thoughts SUPPORTed. Those bloody Spawn Points definitely need to change. I've been the victim of this issue a few too many times now. <_<

~D. V. "more angry than you are about this Spawn Point issue wrecking Game Balance in general" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users