Done With This Pos

14 replies to this topic

#1 Treece Bowmann

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

I'm finallly done with MWO - tired of the stomps, being killed by tier one players paired with average players like me I'm glad i have NOT spent a single dime on this vaporware I'll look for something else to spend my limited time on instead of PGI's crap - no new maps, game modes or mechs in a long time - time to say audios to this garbage. Glad i didn't buy MW5 as well if it wern't for modders, it would be dead also

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:00 PM

Come back when PGI has done the PSR reset. Based on your stats, you are likely Tier 3 unless this is renamed player or created a new account. Doesn't have to be Tier 1 players. Almost any player who drops as a group and actually work together is always positive force multiplier vs a side where the grouped players do not actually work together as a team, or even communicate.

I have seen lots of stomps before the merge. Right now you were breaking even on wins/losses, this month 40W vs 51L and still a an okay matchscore, putting you in the middle of the population. Unfortunately though, when there are events, it also brings out players who do not play often but who also do not play smart either. And due to how the current Tier/PSR is setup many are likely in Tier 2 or even Tier 1. Then there are those players who have played 10ks of thousands games and have worked themselves into Tier 2 and Tier 1 while not even breaking 175 MS avg...

Adding.. I am definitely not a PGI white knight either. Sadly if PGI were to close MWO down now, I would be screwed with game playing. I MIGHT have an hour or two in some other games I have or recently acquired, and MW5 nor Battletech has not really grabbed my fancy, even though I love the Battletech universe (all novels, most sourcebooks, tons of minis, etc..) Just saying...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 June 2020 - 10:05 PM.

#3 screwball874

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

As a new player to the online game I cannot really say much about tiers and how they work. However i do feel this new tier arrangement will turn away new players who simply cant get anywhere

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:26 AM

Will change again. New players will go down in tier and the rest goes up. Give it a month to settle

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 04 July 2020 - 11:27 AM.

#5 Vinstromm Carns

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:37 AM

its not the game thats frustrating its the players that have no clue what their doing in the battlefield the game is amazing especially when you love battletech and mechwarrior. even just tinkering with different loadouts in the mechlab is wonderful.

Edited by Vinstromm Carns, 06 July 2020 - 12:39 AM.

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:59 AM

i dont want to throw mud, but with an avg ms of 130 maybe dont search the excuse on your team. Its easy to blame team all day.

#7 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:03 PM

Yes, this game is frustrating at times. But each of us can find something good in it. I'm a terrible player who is rapidly working my way to the bottom of Tier 5 after the PSR change. I hate the change, but I can still find something good to do in each game. I feel good if I can get one good kill.

Sorry to see you go. Come back soon!

#8 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:34 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 06 July 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

i dont want to throw mud, but with an avg ms of 130 maybe dont search the excuse on your team. Its easy to blame team all day.

My average match score is about 130. You shouldn't have to be a superstar to want to play the game with strategy and coordination. I play light mechs a lot and it's often hard to get high match scores. It really comes down to the luck of the draw on the map as much as anything. On Peaks or Highlands, I can't get close enough to do any damage.

#9 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:10 AM

View PostSharDar, on 11 July 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yes, this game is frustrating at times. But each of us can find something good in it. I'm a terrible player who is rapidly working my way to the bottom of Tier 5 after the PSR change. I hate the change, but I can still find something good to do in each game. I feel good if I can get one good kill.
You're a fairly new player, mate. This game's learning curve can take quite a while for people to get the hang of - don't despair and instead analyze your matches and try to avoid repeating same mistakes.

#10 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:16 AM

View PostSharDar, on 11 July 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

My average match score is about 130. You shouldn't have to be a superstar to want to play the game with strategy and coordination. I play light mechs a lot and it's often hard to get high match scores. It really comes down to the luck of the draw on the map as much as anything. On Peaks or Highlands, I can't get close enough to do any damage.

Playing light mechs in the beginning of your MWO-career is a hard school to master, since playing lights is all about finding windows of opportunity and a very specific weapon loadout. Start with heavy mechs first until you get a feeling for the maps and how teams generally approach em ... with this knowledge you can utilize light mechs much better.

Otherwise it is all about the right timing to engage when the enemy is occupied with heavier targets or finish damaged mechs off. Strike and vanish, strike and vanish ... this needs a somewhat sophisticated knowledge about being in the right place, within the right range at the right time. Took me around 6 months to get a grip on that.

No need to be a superstar to have decent games on light mechs, but if you fight a armored knight with a letter opener, ye better make yer hits count.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 17 July 2020 - 08:18 AM.

#11 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 17 July 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

Playing light mechs in the beginning of your MWO-career is a hard school to master, since playing lights is all about finding windows of opportunity and a very specific weapon loadout. Start with heavy mechs first until you get a feeling for the maps and how teams generally approach em ... with this knowledge you can utilize light mechs much better.

Otherwise it is all about the right timing to engage when the enemy is occupied with heavier targets or finish damaged mechs off. Strike and vanish, strike and vanish ... this needs a somewhat sophisticated knowledge about being in the right place, within the right range at the right time. Took me around 6 months to get a grip on that.

No need to be a superstar to have decent games on light mechs, but if you fight a armored knight with a letter opener, ye better make yer hits count.

I've got 24 mechs across all weight classes. I prefer my lights because I like the mobility. The assaults are super slow and I have trouble keeping up with the group. I'm still trying to find mechs that support "my play style", which I'm still trying to figure out. In general, I hate LRMs--they are so boring! It's so much easier to get a good match score with my Stalker missile boat, but I feel like I'm driving a Skinner box and not a mech: red circle, fire, red circle, fire, red circle, fire, yawn. It seems like RACs are dominant, but the face time they require exposes me to too much damage. So far, I prefer a combination of LBX and lasers or LBX and SRMs. I'm starting to fall in love with my Huntsman Paket--this may be the best combination of mobility and sustainability for my skill level.

Yes, I should probably try to stick with 1 mech at this point. But I'm a casual player, and I'm just trying to have some fun. I like playing different mechs with different weapon combinations. I'll probably never be good at this game, but I want to play in manner that supports the team. I wouldn't mind getting out of the basement for PSR, though. It feels like the current approach is oriented towards top players. I try not to worry about it.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

View PostSharDar, on 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

It seems like RACs are dominant, but the face time they require exposes me to too much damage.
Try 2xUAC10 on a Medium (eg Bushwacker) or 60-70 ton heavies (Rifleman, Jagermech, Warhammer), in the latter case probably paired with some Medium Lasers.

So far, I prefer a combination of LBX and lasers or LBX and SRMs. I'm starting to fall in love with my Huntsman Paket--this may be the best combination of mobility and sustainability for my skill level.
VGL-A is kinda similar, but you can reduce the engine and run bigger payloads

#13 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:24 AM

Since Quit-Posts are against the CoC, this thread has suffered a critical mis-jump.

#14 Riogar Daylighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick Canada

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

Poor guy had no forum friends......Made 2 I quite posts and never been seen again...Well according to the forums....oh well here is a Posted Image for your enjoyment

#15 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:39 AM

Nah, it had to be an alt account. You don’t play the game for two weeks and then make a ragequit post about there being no new maps in that two week time period. I bet the main account is still playing.

Edit... It would be funny to compile all the RageQuit posts into a single Hall of Karens. Hmm... Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 30 July 2021 - 06:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users