#1 N3tRunn3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTemple of Nod

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Hey there,

I am pretty annoyed!!

I have just had my 3rd disconnetion error within an hour!!!! And on this one, while I am writing this, I have got a temp ban.... We were even winning 7:2 ...

WTF is going on, please??!

It feels like after-beta times, when those disconnects had happened back in the past... "RANDOMLY"

I have had already some discussions with Steam Support, privately... They thold they don't know and I shouls ask official forums... the heck ...

EDIT_002:
I again have just lost connection... TO STEAM ...

P.s.:
I am guessing it has been a Steam issue... for months... connection errors while being logged-out from Steam's Friends List.... bah...

Edited by N3tRunn3r, 26 June 2020 - 06:15 AM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:06 PM

If you're dropping connection to steam and mwo then its a much larger issue. Try a ping test running on another computer see if it has something to do with your system or the network.

If you see the ping test drop at the same time then maybe look into hardware issues like replacing the modem/router.
If the pings works and you still drop then Look at software like firewalls or virus scanners.

#3 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:54 AM

I believe that this is a new feature added to the server to try to guarantee that 95% stomp rate they're shooting for. I can't prove it, but it feels right.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:51 AM

That you lost connection to not just MWO but also Steam, as previously noted it is most likely a connectivity issue.

Just to make sure though.. you do not have any sort of sound paks installed for MWO? :)

Unless you are sitting on the servers themselves, you are not only dependent on your computer and its connected hardware but also on your ISP, then other routing management systems, the nodes the packets path through before even hitting MWO servers (in combat you would be connected to at least 2).

Lets work with what is within your immediate control.

Wired or Wireless?

Reboot Router/modem.

Reset Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings. Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).

Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left)

Choose Command Prompt (Admin). Or Windows Key + R key and type in CMD

When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

If the packet loss outside your system AND ISP, you may wish to try a few different VPN (free ones for now). VPN both hide type of traffic, but most importantly could possibly REROUTE connection that your packets would take from your system to both the authorization server (log in/mechlab/etc) and each of the actual game servers.

The VPN usage should be considered a troubleshooting step.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 June 2020 - 05:22 AM.

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hello there, N3tRunn3r... Before doing any of the above, if your connection is a Wired Ethernet type, then please make sure that your Ethernet Cable is not damaged. Having one of these messed up on my home LAN recently caused some connection issues with multiple devices in the same network, even though it wasn't the one attached to this computer I'm typing from now, and killed my link to the MWO servers. :o

(Of course, this stands true only if that recent DDoS on the Internet wasn't what was really messing me up...)

~D. V. "suggesting the most basic check for something to fix" Devnull

#6 N3tRunn3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTemple of Nod

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for your help guys, I will check that later. Also I was a bit drunken when this issue had happened. That is why I was that angry above. Please excuse me for that Posted Image

I haven't installed any soundpacks ^^
I am connected via WLAN on this device.

Lately Steam has got some sort of connection issues as well as I am guessing that our Router is kinda damaged, too.

Edited by N3tRunn3r, 26 June 2020 - 06:14 AM.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:37 AM

Lately Steam has got some sort of connection issues as well as I am guessing that our Router is kinda damaged, too.
Edited by N3tRunn3r, Today, 09:14 AM.

Okay, if you lose connection to Steam service, then it could see it as if you are closing down Steam which would then close down MWO.

So, still be connected to Steam and lose connectivity with MWO, or lose connectivity with Steam which then shuts down MWO. Either way there is still a connectivity issue. It does not mean your router is failing. Remember, just like with MWO, you are also being connected to Steam's servers, and unless there were issues with their Servers then the issue lies between you and the servers.

The question though is when you lose connection to Steam, which then shuts down MWO, are you losing internet connectivity?

The steps I provided do not cost a dime to perform. And there are several different free VPN programs you can utilize to troubleshoot, to see if continues to reoccur while using VPN.

And besides possibly damaged cables/cords, your router, or a software part of the router may be to blame, potentially. If the connection/pathway to the Steam and MWO servers has any sort of issues, in such a way that there are dropped packets but also slowing down/backing up packets that are then released, the security portion of your router may be seeing it as an attack and temporarily closing the relative ports down. That security setting can be called almost anything but it used to be called SPI (stateful packet inspection) also known as dynamic packet filtering, is a firewall technology that monitors the state of active connections and uses this information to determine which network packets to allow through the firewall.

Again, this is for troubleshooting purposes but access your router UI and turn off that particular feature. This does NOT disable NAT nor does it open up your system to the net, not opening up DMZ. Example on my Linksys, it is called IPv4 SPI (hint) firewall protection. For many users, especially gamers, this has been a bane. It does not matter how fast your ISP connection is, your ISP doesnt own nor controls the various pathways taken once you leave the ISP domain to WWW (world wide web) I know, I am old..:)

Definitely check your cables, connections and such but remember, if the problem is not the router itself, with possible exception of the Security/Firewall SPI which all routers have now, purchasing a new router will not resolve the issue. Unless you really want a new router for other features, then once installed you can come back and try the other troubleshooting steps :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users