Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

First!

#3 WayfaringCastaway

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

If I was a new player, and I wanted to Financially support the game; this pack is at the top when it comes to value. Second place would be the first Resistance mech pack.

#4 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:01 PM

Wish they would sale the perfirmance packs on Steam again.

#5 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:42 AM

I use the stand alone client to run MWO. Do I have to uninstall the game und reinstall via steam to get the benefits of that sale or do they provide a code to redeem on this homepage?

tha

#6 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:26 AM

I'd like to buy another steam pack to support this game. Too bad I already own all of them...
Maybe you'll consider making another one?

#7 amisu

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

Another hero sale would be nice!

#8 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

View PostBrownCoat84, on 26 June 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

If I was a new player, and I wanted to Financially support the game; this pack is at the top when it comes to value. Second place would be the first Resistance mech pack.

This is patently false. The Atlas and the Maddog are passable. Every other mech in the pack is straight up inferior to its brethren aside from having a unique camo. The Banshee, Griffin, and Firestsrter are some of the worst versions of that variant.

Say it for what it is - it’s a chance to get 5 “herros” at about 3 USD a pop. Good value for collecting pokemechs - that’s about it.

#9 Nickey Miller

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

bought this pack in steam, but did not find new mech. which account are the purchases attached to?
( I have two old accounts )

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 27 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

I disagree, for a new player this pack is amazing. The Maddog and the Atlas are pretty good, not a Meta mechs, but more than enough for QP. The Griffin can do MRM40 + 4 ML, the Dao Breaker, can run 2 AC10, 5 ML which works nicely, just racked up 700dmg with it last night. The Banshee is a bit meh, but still not super terrible for a beginner. The Firestarter is not good, but you can strap an AC10 or RAC5 to it and have some fun. Also the C-bill boost is quite nice for a beginner.

We can agree to disagree because you skipped out on my main point. Most players will need the CBill boost just to cut even because of how mediocre most of these mechs are.
Every mech you mentioned, there are similar variants that can do the same build but way better. The griffin build sounds like a parody, but you’ve piqued my interest and will build it just to see. The Rifleman Legend Killer is superior to the Dao. The 700 damage claim didn’t really validate how good the mech is, you just had a good match in a bad mech - it happens.
If you really want to dedicate running a Rac on a fire starter, why pay when you can just do it for free?

I wil grant you this - even for the Atlas and Maddog, $15, which translates to $7.50 a mech is not terrible. I mean considering this stuff came out 2+ years ago now. Rofl

2 years ago. Think about that.

#11 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

I take it back for the Roflman.
After further review I did find a passable unique build for the Dao. It's definitely not two AC10s tho

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

I have to concede; You made a solid case despite my counters.

#13 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:08 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 27 June 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

The Banshee, and Firestsrter are some of the worst versions of that variant.

Actually, this banshee is limited to 1 build, but results are very good. 2*HPPC+2AC5+2ERML+XL375. The only real drawback is that 1 hppc is in arm, but after some training you get some really unique experience. I often use it on 1st drop in FP matches on IS side and get 1k+ damage and several kills.
You can build a similar one on Banshee - 3E, but heat gen quirks on siren are much better, so you can put much bigger engine sacrificing a few heatsinks.
Firestarters are bad by default, but this one at least has good mobility, so I think it is actually the best among them.
As for DAD BREAKER VS LEGEND-KILLER - with 2*LB10 and mediums they are pretty much even in terms of sustained and max DPS (with a small advantage of legend killer), but DAO has a little bigger alpha, can use mediums on a longer range. On the other side, LK is a little bit more durable. TO sum It up - I consider them even.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 27 June 2020 - 10:10 PM.

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 27 June 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

We can agree to disagree because you skipped out on my main point. Most players will need the CBill boost just to cut even because of how mediocre most of these mechs are. Every mech you mentioned, there are similar variants that can do the same build but way better.
Yes, but you get these 7 together. Think of it like a variety pack of serviceable mechs rather than of optimal ones.

The griffin build sounds like a parody, but you’ve piqued my interest and will build it just to see.
MRM40+4xML is a workable build, if not necessarily optimal for that mech.

The Rifleman Legend Killer is superior to the Dao.
If you're running LBXes, yes, and I wouldn't do AC10s except on the variant that's actually quirked for them. On the other hand, 2xUAC10s work on most RFLs with a LFE250. Not a perfect build by any stretch but reliable enough to work (and you can bolster it with some MLs if you're willing to risk an XL)

View PostNickey Miller, on 27 June 2020 - 01:24 PM, said:

bought this pack in steam, but did not find new mech. which account are the purchases attached to?
( I have two old accounts )
Should be the one you logged into through Steam after that.

#15 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 967 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:09 AM

Yay! 6 IS mechs and 1 clan mech...

Whoever had the idea to mix them together should be canned.

Woohoo!

They'll probably be promoted instead.

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:51 AM

All of them have a reference to mechs actually appearing in a Solaris 7 context in the novels. So, what's your gripe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users