New Tier 1 Journey

25 replies to this topic

#1 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

Huff and puff until reach Tier 1 while doing it, JayZ had killed me within 10 secs in one of the 72 matches which made me rethinks how I go about poking out my head for teh rest of my life.

Posted Image

This is the match that got me to Tier 1 and I'd a nice time.
Posted Image

Edited by MOBAjobg, 01 July 2020 - 03:35 PM.

#2 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:55 PM

i think its probably better to let people filter through their 10 or 20 "determining" matches if you are serious about getting tier 1. Otherwise you still have this mass of tier 3 people who really are suppose to be in t4, or t5 and its quite hard to carry them through matches.

#3 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 01 July 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Huff and puff until reach Tier 1 while doing it, JayZ had killed me within 10 secs in one of the 72 matches which made me rethinks how I go about poking out my head for teh rest of my life.

Grats man. Thinking to do the grind myself but haven't played seriously in a year+. I did a few matches last night and PSR does move a little even in a loss. Any difference now that the queues are merged?

Edit: 0.57 wlr and still moving slightly up I think. Lolwut.
Edit 2: Lol nvm, there are truly terribad clans out there as well. Wow eye opener. I think I can make it to T1 with a losing record Posted Image
Edit 3: Crashed. Validated files. Rejoined on a win. Mech intact. 0 score and PSR drop. Lol how does PSR work?

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 01 July 2020 - 06:48 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 01 July 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

i think its probably better to let people filter through their 10 or 20 "determining" matches if you are serious about getting tier 1. Otherwise you still have this mass of tier 3 people who really are suppose to be in t4, or t5 and its quite hard to carry them through matches.

id be happy if the game only cared about your last hundred or so matches. so i can get to a lower tier when im doing idiotic things to finish events fast, and when im being protato i can get back to t1 pretty quick.

#5 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:28 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

Grats man. Thinking to do the grind myself but haven't played seriously in a year+. I did a few matches last night and PSR does move a little even in a loss. Any difference now that the queues are merged?

Edit: 0.57 wlr and still moving slightly up I think. Lolwut.
Edit 2: Lol nvm, there are truly terribad clans out there as well. Wow eye opener. I think I can make it to T1 with a losing record https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png
Edit 3: Crashed. Validated files. Rejoined on a win. Mech intact. 0 score and PSR drop. Lol how does PSR work?

Generally, I've experienced outstanding matches with more frequency.

PSR can drop even with a win if the match score is low.
Read this for more info. https://mwomercs.com...ity-version-10/

Played just one and only match as a Tier 1 pilot because am busy now.
Posted Image

Edited by MOBAjobg, 01 July 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

haven't started yet. opened the game to look at the sale mechs, decided not to buy anything and then hit alt f4.

#7 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:08 PM

View PostHellbringer, on 01 July 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

There are no weighted "determining" matches, everyone starts at halfway to T3 and works from that point forward at the standard rate.

#8 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:58 PM

Congrats! How long did it take you to climb the ladder?

I played yesterday for couple of hours. Most of the matches my PSR was rising, but it's still far from T2:)

#9 Vorpal Bunny Rabbit

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

Grats, MOBA! I just bought a MCII-B to copy your above build.

#10 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

Just reached T2 with 25 wins and 15 losses. :P

#11 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

Tier 2 in 81 matches, which sounds about right given i'm a casual (read: mediocre) player.
  • All Solo Drops, zero group
  • 38 W / 43 Losses
  • Last match to T2 was a match in which we had 6 lights on our team versus 6 assaults and 1 light on the enemy team (loss, btw)
  • I was against anything other than W/L but now that the "FFA competition PSR is here" i've embraced focusing on nothing other than improving my own match score to solid results. Coming in 2nd overall but on the losing team seems to be essentially the same as simply being ranked 2nd, which means there are no teams, just blue diamonds that you can't shoot but might take shots and/or sand off a bit of armor to improve one's indvidual match score.
  • Casual groups are a worse detriment than random solo players. At least the random solos have an excuse- there are certain groups that basically ensure a loss for the team they join and it sucks.
  • Basic strategy is flat out out the window right now, even simple strats like "hold this corner" or "let's focus C" are simply too complex in this current blend of players.
  • First time ever playing MWO that i've flat out just put down my headset, turned on a movie in the background and ignored the team. PSR rate improved drastically when i stopped trying to coordinate or capture objectives and instead focused on farming damage- even in the event of loss.
In short the PSR change and group merge has certainly shaken up gameplay, but in that way that means that my entire team is essentially NPCs.

Giving it a chance to sort out in tiers a bit more to see how it goes in the future, but seriously not looking forward to weekend play as that was generally the worst matches even when we had some semblance of balance.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 02 July 2020 - 04:45 PM.

#12 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:31 AM

I just reach full bar in Tier 1 and UnofficialOperator was in it had achieved top match score, ...wow!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MOBAjobg, 03 July 2020 - 12:31 AM.

#13 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

Lol, so quick. Looks like nothing changedPosted Image

#14 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:57 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 03 July 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

Lol, so quick. Looks like nothing changedPosted Image

I don't mind saying the Night Gyr hero is my 4th best mech which I rode in most of the Tier 1 matches.

It's much easier to gain a lot of PSR than before.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 03 July 2020 - 01:00 AM.

#15 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:10 AM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 03 July 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

I just reach full bar in Tier 1 and UnofficialOperator was in it had achieved top match score, ...wow!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Lol grats on the full bar and thanks for the shout out. Just got lucky. I think I'm on track to touch T1 by 100 150 games? Full bar T1 probably another 50 games. Definitely not as fast as you or MPG.

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 03 July 2020 - 03:04 AM.

#16 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 03 July 2020 - 12:57 AM, said:

I don't mind saying the Night Gyr hero is my 4th best mech which I rode in most of the Tier 1 matches.

It's much easier to gain a lot of PSR than before.

Maybe new score system is too much damage oriented? Did like 10 matches in Flea. I have to play some more.

#17 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:01 AM

Yep, all the die hards are in their Madcats and Veagles grinding match scores. There are so many assults in some matches that when we get conquest the one poor medium/light is forced to do all the busy work, while the assaults are lazily trading shots.

#18 MF H3NDO

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTraining Grounds

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 03 July 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

Yep, all the die hards are in their Madcats and Veagles grinding match scores. There are so many assults in some matches that when we get conquest the one poor medium/light is forced to do all the busy work, while the assaults are lazily trading shots.

I agree but can't complain about the scores I am getting providing the Biggies and new [to me] pilots with support... It's been fun climbing back up so far.

#19 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 03 July 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

Playing as a light primarily one thing new PSR taught me is that going for objectives before the fight is nearly over is a surefire way to lose PSR even on a win.

#20 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 01 July 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is the match that got me to Tier 1 and I'd a nice time.
Posted Image

Not impressed, do it in a Flea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users