#41 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:08 AM

View PostBlaizerP, on 05 July 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Even if damage weight is reduced you're still talking about a massive increase to AMS, which most seem to agree is already too high.

At a 1:1 MS ratio AMS isn't going to outperform damage.

If there's an enemy 'mech raining LRM's on someone covered by an AMS boat the over-inflation of MS is due to the lurmers inadequacy, he should be switching targets to someone outside the bubble or targeting the AMS boat directly in an attempt to disable it. The AMS boat is playing to its strengths and implying the lurmer should receive a greater reward for being stupid is, well, stupid.

View PostBlaizerP, on 06 July 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'll just add many of the missiles that AMS knocks out were never going to hit anything anyway, but again it's difficult to quantify that.

If we go down that road we should ignore all damage and only reward component/equipment destruction. If you're shooting the front of a mech and I core his rear why should you receive a reward when your damage didn't directly contribute to the mechs destruction?

Edited by VonBruinwald, 06 July 2020 - 02:47 PM.

#42 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

Okay, just to clear things up so everyone is on the same page. Here are all the things match score calculates

Posted Image

Here is the game I was just in with you Brizna

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now here is my best approximation for matchscore points per reward. You'll note this is an incomplete list but includes everything from this game. You'll also note it's not exactly lined up. Again I don't pretend to be 100% accurate. I'm likely off by a fractional amount on one or two things here and that damn hidden multiplier makes it impossible. Still I'm only 2% off which I think is pretty good. I suspect I'm slightly off when it comes to those proximity rewards or the capping one because I tend to be more off in conquest games.

Posted Image

Anyway you will notice in this game that even though I shot down 184 missiles it only resulted in about 26 points which is only 6% of my total score. Meanwhile my damage was over 50%! You'll also notice something interesting which is that my team damage completely negated everything I gained from that AMS!!! (doh!) Something a lot of people underestimate is the effect team damage has on their match score. This is usually the reason why people can have very high damage but very mediocre scores. They blasted their team with some alphas or an airstrike.

Edited by Jman5, 06 July 2020 - 11:21 AM.

#43 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:16 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 06 July 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

same conclusion I had in 2014 applies today

PGI has full control over there game
and can do alomst anything real time if they want

just try not to think about things to hard

edit forgot my favorite MWO meme

Original Star Trek had its flaws but it surely knew how to be a fun show, haha.

#44 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:42 AM

View PostJman5, on 06 July 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Okay, just to clear things up so everyone is on the same page. Here are all the things match score calculates

Posted Image

Here is the game I was just in with you Brizna

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now here is my best approximation for matchscore points per reward. You'll note this is an incomplete list but includes everything from this game. You'll also note it's not exactly lined up. Again I don't pretend to be 100% accurate. I'm likely off by a fractional amount on one or two things here and that damn hidden multiplier makes it impossible. Still I'm only 2% off which I think is pretty good. I suspect I'm slightly off when it comes to those proximity rewards or the capping one because I tend to be more off in conquest games.

Posted Image

Anyway you will notice in this game that even though I shot down 184 missiles it only resulted in about 26 points which is only 6% of my total score. Meanwhile my damage was over 50%! You'll also notice something interesting which is that my team damage completely negated everything I gained from that AMS!!! (doh!) Something a lot of people underestimate is the effect team damage has on their match score. This is usually the reason why people can have very high damage but very mediocre scores. They blasted their team with some alphas or an airstrike.

My gut feeling is that valuing missiles somewhere between 0.07 and .10 might be more appropriate than around 0.14 (assuming your numbers are roughly correct). I also think AMS' contribution to match score could receive a hard cap at like 100 match score because it is essentially a zero skill, zero interaction mechanic.

I can see an argument for dropping the value of damage slightly, but honestly I am more of the mind that kills, and possibly solo kills and KMDDs should be valued more, which will raise their value relative to damage compared to the current state of things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users