11 replies to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

The enemy team: 0 cadets, four Assault 'Mechs

My team: 5 cadets, three assault 'Mechs (cadets in two unskilled Trial Assault 'Mechs)

It was 0:8 three minutes after the mission beginning.

Thanks again, PGI, I love such fun games ...

By the way, do Russ and Paul really expect that those Cadets will endure dozens of stomps like this one to drop to Tier 4 or Tier 5?

Posted Image

#2 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:48 AM

All the changes in the recent past were made to cater to player who played in the group queue.

If you are a solo player they do not care about your input or concerns as they have already decided to diminish the experience of a majority of the population for a percentage of the population that wasn't even large enough to keep its own queue populated (group queue).

The recent changes are likely the "final changes" for Mechwarrior Online as nothing short of removing groups from solo will put the cat back in the bag, and even splitting the queues again won't necessarily cause the people who leave over the current state of play to return (and certainly won't entice new players who are getting stomped to ever install again).

Get what you can out of it in the next month or so, bro and try to look back fondly if you can.

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 10 July 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

The recent changes are likely the "final changes" for Mechwarrior Online as nothing short of removing groups from solo will put the cat back in the bag, and even splitting the queues again won't necessarily cause the people who leave over the current state of play to return (and certainly won't entice new players who are getting stomped to ever install again).

Get what you can out of it in the next month or so, bro and try to look back fondly if you can.

I suspect this move is actually part of an attempt to accelerate the downfall of MWO.

The fact that the groops advocated for this and the "community" PSR changes only serves to provide the illusion of PGI maintaining clean hands throughout their deliberate sabotage.

Once MWO is dead PGI can wash their hands of the more critical part of the community before moving on to browner pastures.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 10 July 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

The fact that the groops advocated for this and the "community" PSR changes...

Gonna need a source on that.

Those of us that played GQ regularly wanted a solo player opt in functionality, but Paul said that not enough solo players would be wiling to play in GQ, so instead, he killed GQ and forced group players to play with the solo players whether anyone liked it or not. The only people who wanted to merge GQ with the solo queue in this awful manner were the "I just want to drop with my friend so I can introduce them to the game" folks. I don't know any other group of players that advocated for killing GQ and forcing us to play as four mans in this current soup queue mess.

As to the PSR changes, that can all be reviewed in the announcement threads. People have wanted the tier system as it impacts the MM to be fixed for years. PGI gave some choices on how they were willing to do that. Some folks provided feed back -group players and soloists alike- and we have the result. Biggest flaw with the current reset was that they started everyone in T3 but I don't recall if anyone directly advocated for that.

#5 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:30 AM

The reason for the mismatch is the matchmaker is trying to balance group vs non grouped players.

It puts groups in Alpha lance primarily.
The four cadets are likely in one group playing together. They got matched up against another group of four presumably at a much higher skill level.

If the four cadets were ungrouped it likely would have split them more evenly.

The group vs non group being the primary matchmaker stat (before PSR and before tonnage) is because single players felt that one team having a group and the other not would be unbalancing even if the teams were well matched on PSR and tonnage.

#6 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 10 July 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Gonna need a source on that.

[Everything you just said]

Ask not what you can do for MWO, but how PGI could implement it in the worst way imaginable.

#7 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

View PostGARION26, on 10 July 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

The group vs non group being the primary matchmaker stat (before PSR and before tonnage) is because single players felt that one team having a group and the other not would be unbalancing even if the teams were well matched on PSR and tonnage.

Let me fix that for you:

"Solo players felt that adding groups would be unbalancing"

As for all the rest, I'm pretty much at the point of just sticking around to watch it burn, and reminding the executive suite at PGI just how poorly they managed their game. Maybe if they gave us back solo queue I'd give it a shot (oh, who am I kidding, I'd definitely be back, because I do like this game).

#8 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

Cadets should start at the bottom of tier 4 to get them out of the tier 1 - tier 3 matchups.

Someone should twerk Russ on Twitter or something to get that changed.

#9 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

Oh, as if Paul or Russ have any ******* interest in the wellbeing of this game anymore.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

View PostGARION26, on 10 July 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

The reason for the mismatch is the matchmaker is trying to balance group vs non grouped players.

It puts groups in Alpha lance primarily.
The four cadets are likely in one group playing together. They got matched up against another group of four presumably at a much higher skill level.

If the four cadets were ungrouped it likely would have split them more evenly.

When they were doing the psr I asked Paul like 4 posts down how they planned on balancing teams. He didnt reply and I can only guess they're still calling any team tier 1. So you get these groups of tier 5 friends no only in a tier 1 match but a tier 1 Team match.

Don't make for a fun time.

#11 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

If russ or paul have any **** to give it isn't for mwo or mw5 if you read the mw5 area. How much you want to bet their next big thing will be a mobile f2p game al la blizzard?

At this point in mwo I expect the green C tags are just alts of other players just doing what ever they can for the fun of it because they are bored having everything they want on their main account so the only challenge or fun mwo provides is an alt.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:00 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 10 July 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

Oh, as if Paul or Russ have any ******* interest in the wellbeing of this game anymore.

It was a rhetorical question, since the answer is generally known ... Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users