Mech Nuclear Reactor Self Destruct?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

Hi guys just wondering in the BattleTech game, can Mechs choose to go Critical and cause a Nuclear Explosion?

Would be awesome way to go if you like to be a Kamikaze guy.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

View PostReposter, on 15 July 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

Hi guys just wondering in the BattleTech game, can Mechs choose to go Critical and cause a Nuclear Explosion?

Well, yes and no.

When using standard rules (and real world physics), fusion reactors do not cause nuclear explosions.

However, it is doable either with one or two advanced rules or with a piece of a special equipment.

It is funny that you are saying this because there is a Drac 'Mech specially designed to do that. Posted Image

Edited by martian, 15 July 2020 - 08:55 AM.

#3 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:33 AM

Why Long Toms are made for Battletech. But very hot and heavy to use (little ammo). They never made em for MWO yet, or they will never will

#4 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

Only as it better to be die than captured and you are a high grade mech tech/programmer to be able to bypass the many many MANY safty built in to them and or have writes hero luck
There were battletech rules for damage reactor going up but the chance of are super low. Aka 3 separate critical to the engine in a single turn without removal of any torso which many house said engine. Than on a roll of 12 on 2d12 reactor go up. Anything with in 15m gone. 16m-45m reactor rating value in damage, cut damage in haft for every 30m(aka 1 battletech hex) there after.

Edited by wolf74, 16 July 2020 - 12:40 PM.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:11 PM

Installed Bigger Critical Explosions in MW5 just to see this kind of thing.
Mang I miss Long Tom
In Faction Warfare.

#6 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 16 July 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

Why Long Toms are made for Battletech. But very hot and heavy to use (little ammo). They never made em for MWO yet, or they will never will

Full on Long Tom Artillery Pieces aren't in MWO because they physically can't fit on a normal Battlemech. A single IS Long Tom is 30 Crits and 30 Tons. The only Mechs that can equip Long Toms as weapons are Super-Heavies, but good luck convincing people to add those into the game.

#7 Zirconium Kaze

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

Man I wish you could knock people down and that reactors could go critical. Because this isn't a thing. When I play a flea I take full advantage of my absolute light weight and block an assault's retreat path while being under his torso guns without fear that I'll take any damage from the point blank leg hugging.

Edited by Zirconium Kaze, 16 July 2020 - 09:22 PM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:28 PM

stackpoling maikes the game more fun (mwll did it best). idk why it wasnt included.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 July 2020 - 09:29 PM.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:28 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 16 July 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

What would you do with Long Tom on maps like Solaris City when you usually have the enemy 'Mech so close that you can touch him?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users