27 replies to this topic

#21 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 September 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

Pretty sure the description came out in the patch notes when they added groups to QP.

The Group queue had it's own parameters....a 4 man couldn't drop with 4 assaults, they had a tonnage limit involved. That transferred over to QP. That being said, those parameters aren't used in any way to determine the other 8 guys on a side.

Prove me wrong.

There are 4 announcement threads regarding Queue Merge, I can't see the info you claim to be present. Please, show us.
https://mwomercs.com...ue-update-2020/
https://mwomercs.com...al-discoveries/
https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/
https://mwomercs.com...overies-week-1/

#22 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:32 PM

From the first link:

"We feel the best option at this point is to re-combine the queues. Allow groups into solo queue but reduce the max group size to 4. [color=#00FFFF]This along with potentially adjusting the group tonnage allowed will reduce the overall influence the group can have on a 12v12 match. [/color]The matchmaker would also make every effort that it balanced the groups per side. This would allow all players to still enjoy full 12v12 matches not requiring changes to the economy or UI and spawn points or the way FP functions."

Sounds an awful lot like "we need to modify the parameters to fit a 4 man group instead of a 12 man group."

The second post is entirely about PSR. There's a mention of "stomps," and ultimately it was about how groups effected the "new" PSR thing. Note that it was from May.

From the 3rd post ( and this has all the good stuff):

"How the combined public queue will work:
- All matches will remain 12v12.
- Max group size will be restricted to 4 players. All group sizes of 2,3 and 4 are valid group sizes.
- When the Match Maker builds a 12-player team, it will ensure that there is no more than one 4 player group or as close as possible (2 player + 2 player for example) per team and all remaining slots will be filled with solo players.

What we expect:
- Playing with a smaller group of friends will be much easier to accomplish.
- Matches should kick off drastically faster than previously.
- Matches will become more competitive.

What we are monitoring:
- Match Maker ability to maintain even team building.
- Tonnage restrictions for groups. (note: we can adjust these dynamically/real time)
- Group composition and any release valves that may kick in to make games kick off.

EDIT:
My bad, no tonnage info for you... here it is as it currently sits (current values for groups as it has been for a while):

2-player groups: Min Tonnage 40, Max Tonnage 200
3-player groups: Min Tonnage 80, Max Tonnage 255
4-player groups: Min Tonnage 120, Max Tonnage 280

Again, these numbers can be adjusted on the fly with no down time. If you have suggestions on some tonnage numbers, post them and we can try them out."

So, as an example, if your group gets a 2 man premade in it and they both decided to drop with assaults....assaults which are not counted toward the 3/3/3/3 of the MM's base programming, they will most likely add to the potentially equally distributed number of assaults amongst the non-group players. IE: If both get 3 assaults amongst the solos, then the team with the 2 man will have 5 instead. Alternatively, if the premade group drops lights, then the side they're on will tend to be very light.

That's the dynamic we're seeing game in and game out.

The last post you put a link up to was the last time Paul communicated with anyone regarding adjusting group tonnages and tier separation. Note again that it was from May. It did not address using the tonnages dropped by a group in the MM thought process, but it did go into detail explaining how when population drops low enough, the +/-1 thing loosens up.

So, again, everything I've said is in those 4 links you put up. Groups in QP have tonnage limits, but what they drop isn't counted in the base 3/3/3/3 thing the MM tries to do. And what a premade drops with does, in fact, effect the tonnage between the two teams.....and the last one even explained how a T1 four man premade ends up harvesting T3 Cadets.

Edited by Willard Phule, 18 September 2020 - 03:34 PM.

#23 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

I'm probably blind, because I think you are making things up out of thin air.

#24 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:14 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 18 September 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

I'm probably blind, because I think you are making things up out of thin air.

I took those quotes directly from the links you put up. Granted, I simply copy/pasted and added my own emphasis, but it's all right there.

[Redacted]

#25 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:42 PM

It doesn't.

#26 Viper0012

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:09 AM

Match maker in its current system SUCKS. weight class NEEDS to be alot more important because i am almost always on the underdog side. i get lots of assault mechs for conquest, "we had 8 assaults just 2 days ago and the enemy had 1. or like just now we had 2 assaults against a team with 6 for skirmish. PLEASE, Fix this damn mess.

#27 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

View PostViper0012, on 26 September 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

Match maker in its current system SUCKS. weight class NEEDS to be alot more important because i am almost always on the underdog side. i get lots of assault mechs for conquest, "we had 8 assaults just 2 days ago and the enemy had 1. or like just now we had 2 assaults against a team with 6 for skirmish. PLEASE, Fix this damn mess.

The technology available makes it impossible. The MM simply CANNOT take tonnage for premade groups without extending wait time to what you'd see in FP. Even if it were possible, which it is not, it would take the "quick" out of "quick play."

For what it's worth, I understand the frustration. Those of us that went through this in Faction Play remember how it went. This is something you'll simply have to accept and acclimate to or go elsewhere for entertainment. Premade groups are a reality in QP now. That isn't going to change.

If winning is your goal, join a premade group. If not, find more reasonable goals, like upward PSR movement. If you can average a 300+ MS even on a loss, you will get out of T3 eventually.

#28 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:13 AM

View PostViper0012, on 26 September 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

Contact Russ Bullock on Twitter. He visits this forum only rarely, so Twitter is your best choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users