Lrm Or Not Event.

27 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:27 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 31 July 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

Tongue in cheek, but on a serious note before anyone gets any ideas, most builds that correctly focus on a specific weapon range do need the support of other weapon types on team mate's 'Mechs to fill in the gaps.

True this. It's one of the core reasons that Teamwork is so important. :D

LRMs on one team won't prove much, also they're not *that* bad - certainly not over nerfed. They have a bad rep for the kind of play they encourage and skill deficiencies they can hide.

I'm not going to argue over those that have fully working body & mind that don't use LRM/ATM properly. They're the reason that LRM/ATM got screwed up by Other Whiny People & PGI's Developers in the first place. -_-

Unfortunately, this has caused a MAJOR problem for many with either a Slow Computer and/or a situation where their body/mind has some form of problem that doesn't let them function at 100% in their daily offline lives. I am unfortunately one of those affected, what with shaking that I am unable to fully control and must constantly fight with, and have reached a point where I must avoid trying to run Direct-Fire builds all the time. Trying to always 100% run non-LRM/ATM builds exhausted me, ultimately resulted in my leaving MWO for a year, and almost resulted in my uninstalling the game completely. If the pandemic had not come along, combined with the offer of the WVR-Q Hero Mech, then I might very well have not been here right now to point out just how mentally blind some completely normal people are to those other people who are in worse condition. We who do not have full normal function of our bodies/minds are the reason that LRM/ATM should literally NEVER have been nerfed to the extent that they have, where it takes more than 8.5 seconds with Enemy ECM involved at 800 meters to lock-on to any given target. I personally don't hang back this far on a normal basis myself, but I'm trying to point out how bad it is for those who are unable to handle getting up-front & personal because their reaction capabilities max out before they ever could. The rest of our Teammates don't have time for their out-of-position Missile Support to be stuck waiting for lock-on, and those Missile Support players fighting disabilities simply are unable to always get into the right position instantly, not even to get a Direct Line-Of-Sight Missile Lock, even when they're with their Teammates on the battlefields. To expect us who fight with disabilities to put up with the state that the game is currently in happens to be utterly ludicrous. Even the BattleTech Lore gives precedent for having MWO provide for those without essentially normal/perfect state of body and/or mind to be out on the battlefields helping in the fight. Yet, we've ended up with the kind of people coming into MWO — who happen to have no respect for people with body/mind of lesser state than these who come in — getting loud & troublesome but preventing/denying others from having the benefit of proper Teamwork, and seem bent on reducing MWO into only being like a boiling pot mix of "Call Of Duty"/"Hawken"/"World Of Tanks" loaded with a side-order of Constant NASCAR that gets boring & insane to the point that it drives people away from playing. Our beloved MWO was not ever meant to always be a keg of Facetank Brawl for every Match that happens, but LRM/ATM have been over-nerfed to the point that we're reduced to exactly that, and some of that nerfing NEEDS to be undone. If it's not, you can pretty much expect my eventual & permanent leave from MWO, as well as others who will follow me out the door, and right along with others who have already left the game forever. At this point, MWO absolutely can NOT suffer more population loss (particularly from causation by toxic people who tell others "get lost, uninstall, and go play solitaire" rather rudely), and allowing it to do so will ultimately result in MWO dying. :(

Heck, I'm left to ask... Have you read a couple of my other important long posts about this mess? If not, here are links to them...

--->>> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/277276-skilled-pilot-event/page__view__findpost__p__6339018

...and...

--->>> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/277114-disable-group-creation/page__view__findpost__p__6339118

...so you can get a better perspective on the matter with LRM/ATM weapons, people with disabilities, as well as Lock-Ons in general. Like I've already noted, I won't argue over people needing to learn things so they don't leave their Teammates having a bad time on the battlefields, because they should learn in order to become better players. But, I will argue over the wrongful ignorance of people with disabilities who have differing lesser maximum skill/capability limits due to the issues that they have, as they should NEVER be forced for any reason out of playing a game they actually happen to like, and MWO should have proper accommodation in its' design for them. Heck, MWO had that accommodation about 4 years ago, before all the madness with messing up LRMs (and eventually ATMs) happened to the game and put things in their current state. Those accomodations need to be restored through better code programming (compared against what used to be there), instead of allowing bad players to take away from the pool of those good players who have to also fight with disabilities they simply can not ignore. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Maybe now you get why Lock-On Weapons in general are actually over-nerfed?" Devnull

#22 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 31 July 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

I recently lost a match because the enemy had one 4AMS corsair....at least that is what the team complained about. All I saw was people firing LRM at targets under AMS protection with missiles not comming through and firing into walls while the enemy flanked us and then took apart one LRM mech after the other in close range combat.

I say the problem wasn't only the AMS but people not realising that what they are doing was just bad gameplay.

Imagine if every one fired at the AMS mech at the same time till it was dead.
I wonder how long it would last.
I mean EVERYONE.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 31 July 2020 - 02:27 PM.

#23 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

I did say they tried that. Fought him later in the match. He was damaged but the damage was all over the mech. Shot some SNPPCs and AC20 at him. Hurt him more in 2 salvos then the rest of the team over the entire match. Sadly I was pretty much the last guy standing and had nearly a full team against me.

Still I am impressed by the amount of damage he could still take.

#24 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:37 PM

Sounds like they are running a lot of ammo to feed those's puppies.
Ammo could be in the legs
Posted Image

#25 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:46 AM

most builds that correctly focus on a specific weapon range do need the support of other weapon types on team mate's 'Mechs to fill in the gaps.

Best comment so far.

I have a few SRM boats and they run into similar range issues on certain maps. They do very well when they get close but some games i die trying to cross an open space to close range and get practically zero. Like most single weapon type builds they need team play to make them work, that is part of the game design and part of what i like about it over other online shooter type games.

As to how nerfed they are, i feel it also depends on the support your team gives. They are overnerfed if you wanted to run around the map solo, they are just nice if you want to group up with a random team and they are borderline abusively good if you have a dedicated team backing them up. That is a large part of why i would like to see some type of event like this so we can watch them being played on a dedicated team with the support they require. They never get played to their full potential anymore and it makes me sad, like seeing a Ferrari siting dusty in a garage.

Edited by Georgegad, 01 August 2020 - 01:47 AM.

#26 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:21 AM

View Postmartian, on 30 July 2020 - 07:18 AM, said:

They are brave, valiant and selfless. All of them.

They will hold locks for each other. Posted Image

Indeed. 900m tag on mechs with bap is a great thing to have along with max sensors. And stalker has the longest lrm range in the game. All mechs have a default 800m range sensor. Just imagine the mad demolition derby of all the is mechs to try and keep that magical 180m. So much aggravation when a mech is at 179m and all those missiles just bounce off that mech.

#27 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:29 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 31 July 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sounds like they are running a lot of ammo to feed those's puppies.
Ammo could be in the legs
Posted Image

Nope. You usually get one empty slot in the head. So the fastest way to kill a lrm boat is aim for the head and go for the sweet crit ammo head shot explosion. Catapults I've fought usually have ammo in the "ears." In my brawling builds I just use the boxes as 40 ton side torso shields.

#28 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:34 PM

Thread moved to Event Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users