Weapons Gameplay BattleMechs

8 replies to this topic

#1 JagdpantherII

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:24 AM

In mechs with range quirks and energy hardopoints to use, I feel it migth be a interesting combo. Not the most meta thing, but a fun thing to mess around. Here´s a Battlemaster build I put together. With the range quirks and without skills, it gets 469m of range on the lasers.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...dc3a1dd42dadcdf

Can you think of any other similar chassis? Maybe a clan one? I messed around with the cicada 2A too, using 6 ERMEDS and a MK7 computer.

EDIT: 523M skilled.

Edited by JagdpantherII, 01 August 2020 - 07:28 AM.

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:23 AM

A Huntsman with 2xLPLs is comparable, The A variant gets 10% Range, but I drop the quirk so I can put the LPLs in the shoulders as it makes for a much better peeker. Think it runs a TC-IV but you can go bigger.

Of course, what you really want is a MadDog: Max TC, Bap, 6xERMLs and all the heatsinks. C Variant side torsos give it massive armour quirks.

#3 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:25 AM

I love the idea, but that 30pt alpha is kinda anemic especially with the long cooldown on ermls. Maybe dump the arm weapons and replace a couple ermls with lpls?

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:22 AM

Hey. In this light the 2 hmg actually sound like a "good" idea

#5 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:42 PM

View PostJagdpantherII, on 01 August 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

Can you think of any other similar chassis? Maybe a clan one? I messed around with the cicada 2A too, using 6 ERMEDS and a MK7 computer.

Or maybe you can ditch targeting computer altogether and get Large Lasers instead, which have 450m from the beginning.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:17 PM

View Postletir, on 01 August 2020 - 12:42 PM, said:

Or maybe you can ditch targeting computer altogether and get Large Lasers instead, which have 450m from the beginning.

Or use ER Large Lasers and a Targeting computer and push your optimal range to nearly a kilometer.

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 01 August 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

I love the idea, but that 30pt alpha is kinda anemic especially with the long cooldown on ermls. Maybe dump the arm weapons and replace a couple ermls with lpls?

I'd recommend 6ERML and an MRM 30/40 for more fun.

BLR-1G

#8 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:42 PM

View Postletir, on 01 August 2020 - 12:42 PM, said:

I think the desirable feature of the build is a 340 Std engine, which you can't use if you go straight LL.

#9 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:01 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 01 August 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

I think the desirable feature of the build is a 340 Std engine, which you can't use if you go straight LL.

The real question why would you use standart engine on anything without Heavy Gauss or chest-mounted weapons, sacrificing lion's share of tonnage, speed and cooling for possibility to be a harmless stick with dinky firepower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users