Mode

28 replies to this topic

#21 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:10 AM

What’s people’s problem with scouting it is a super fun mode. I do agree they shouldn’t sacrifice fazes for scouting but they should add it back as a faction mode. It is the only thing that makes a lot of medium mechs viable in faction play.

#22 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:29 PM

Pretty sure the gripe is 8 hours of scouting during a weekend primetime is ******* ridiculous. Scouting is not the main entree of FP and is widely viewed as an inferior game mode.

Mediums see tons of play in invasion.

#23 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 06 September 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

Pretty sure the gripe is 8 hours of scouting during a weekend primetime is ******* ridiculous. Scouting is not the main entree of FP and is widely viewed as an inferior game mode.

Mediums see tons of play in invasion.

Well so far I have seen siege, which is interesting, assault and skirmish which are just annoying respawn versions of QP, and scouting which like siege is something different. Have I missed something?

#24 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:40 AM

View PostBeorning, on 07 September 2020 - 02:28 PM, said:

Well so far I have seen siege, which is interesting, assault and skirmish which are just annoying respawn versions of QP, and scouting which like siege is something different. Have I missed something?

Team play. Especially siege, but also the qp modes play quite differently to standard qp once u got proper teams fighting each other. Then respawn change the dynamics quite good. (Currently each and every name u don't know, is going to be perma dead after wave 2)

#25 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 06:27 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 08 September 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

Team play. Especially siege, but also the qp modes play quite differently to standard qp once u got proper teams fighting each other. Then respawn change the dynamics quite good. (Currently each and every name u don't know, is going to be perma dead after wave 2)

You can believe what you like.

#26 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:28 PM

Since, there is no longer a scout mode, can we get rid of it in the Manage Drop Decks tabs. That has got confuse the hell out of new players

#27 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 08 September 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Since, there is no longer a scout mode, can we get rid of it in the Manage Drop Decks tabs. That has got confuse the hell out of new players

Scouting was a phase last Saturday it was short but glorious I want them to being it back as a separate thing as it is a great way for small units to carve out a niche in faction play and it’s fun and challenging too!

#28 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:57 PM

I think Bacon 07 made too many players rage quit after scouting matches. PGI must have thought it was bad for business...

#29 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

If they were smart, they would let us play scouting matches while we wait for our other Faction matches to start. Once the server launches, scout mode ends. There is usually like a 15 to 30 min wait on some nights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users