74 replies to this topic

#61 Bennesto

• PipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:10 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 21 August 2020 - 01:53 AM, said:

Mate, thousands of decals. It's what everyone needs.

And Boltons, the true MWO Endgame Content!

#62 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:19 AM

already handled...
Posted Image

#63 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

Your image is just ---- nothing. What does that mean? Bolt ons are nothing or that there is no endgame...whats the meaning of life maybe...the fate of MWO?

^_^

#64 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

Why?

Do we have to pay for patch from our own pockets?

#65 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:23 AM

Basicly yes you pay for patches or do you think the programmers work for free?
The idea of "Free to play" dosn't realy exists its more a "Someone else pays for you to play for very little or nothing"

Costs for work that needs to be done stays the same. The F2P concept just switches around how much everyone pays.
Some pay nothing, most people pay a little bit and a few pay "a shitload of money". That is what keeps F2P titles running.

The old concept of buying games was "everyone pays the same price" and the money that comes in with that has to pay further patches AND pay for starting of the development of the next game.
Patches where also not free in that system.

At the end checks have to be paid no matter how the game is sold.

Edited by Nesutizale, 23 August 2020 - 03:26 AM.

#66 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 23 August 2020 - 03:23 AM, said:

Basicly yes you pay for patches or do you think the programmers work for free?
The idea of "Free to play" dosn't realy exists its more a "Someone else pays for you to play for very little or nothing"

Costs for work that needs to be done stays the same. The F2P concept just switches around how much everyone pays.
Some pay nothing, most people pay a little bit and a few pay "a shitload of money". That is what keeps F2P titles running.

The old concept of buying games was "everyone pays the same price" and the money that comes in with that has to pay further patches AND pay for starting of the development of the next game.
Patches where also not free in that system.

At the end checks have to be paid no matter how the game is sold.

Everything you said is true, but does this really count as a patch?

#67 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 23 August 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

That's up to your expectations.

#68 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 August 2020 - 12:30 AM

Well, validating the patch took singnificantly longer than downloading and patching this time.

#69 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:36 AM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 23 August 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

Technicly I would say yes. Every modification or change is a patch no matter the size.
Does it still cost money? Yes but very little in this case I think. Writing the new line of code and sending it throught the compiler and verifiing everything is uploaded to the server for destribution, etc. etc.
Still you have to have at least one person doing it. ^_^

Does it fix what you want? Well that is a personal matter.

Edited by Nesutizale, 24 August 2020 - 02:38 AM.

#70 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

People in this thread whine so much, I think I'm going to log a few matches just to spite them.

#71 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:00 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 17 August 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

be awesome if they were to surprise us with a Stinger, Wasp, Valkyrie, Crusader mech pack

This. ^

New mechs for both MWO and MW5.

(and throw a Longbow with the pack)

#72 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:15 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 August 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

The Boneshaman said:

be awesome if they were to surprise us with a Stinger, Wasp, Valkyrie, Crusader mech pack

This. ^

New mechs for both MWO and MW5.

(and throw a Longbow with the pack)

Seconded. The 20-ton range, especially, needs a lot of love. The 25 ton range could really use some love, too (not sure what fits in that weight category that's well-known, beyond the Commando). Also, the fact that the Crusader is supposedly "the most common Heavy 'Mech in the Inner Sphere" and it's nowhere to be seen on any of the computerized battlefields? There's something very wrong with that...

As for the Longbow, I'd certainly get MW4 Nostalgia for it, but I can also see that one getting some hate from the LRM-haters. :) Especially those who gag at the sight of a LRM boat Assault 'mech. :)

#73 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:42 AM

Could you imagine if they added the C and F variants of the Fire Falcon? :D 12 MG's on a 25 tonner that can go Cheetah speeds....... :D Something tells me that one will be the standard Prime-D variants (which all come with pre-civil-war tech, and coulda/shoulda been added years ago). Another Clan 25 ton Omni, debuted in 3052 from the Jade Falcons. No Jump Jets, and no fixed Active Probe, so it'd have presented a unique balance to the Mist Lynx in the same tonnage range.

Oh! The Mongoose is 25 tons! I thought it was 20. Perfect companion to the Commando, then, for IS use. I thought we were going to have to settle for the Dart, produced in 3051 for the Federated Commonwealth.

#74 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:38 AM

Mh 25t mechs...how about those?

Raptor - IS Omni Mech. Realy like that little boxy mech and I think the IS could use an Omni too.
Koto - The 25t Locust, I call it. Maybe the least interesting one but I have a soft spot for it. Espacialy the old Artwork.
Solitaire - Light Clan with a punch...okay its mostly usual laser vomit but with the shoulder mounted gun it looks cool.
Arbalest - Also Clan mech...a bit more down the timeline but uses common tech. Its combination of ECM, Laser and Missiles is interesting to me. Also allways fielded some in MWDA ^_^

Also what do you think about ultra-light or super-heavy mechs?

#75 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:13 PM

So PGI won't ever add Omnis. :( They'll all come with fixed IS XL engines and will be insta-kills every match. Unless PGI acts on my request to give Omnis the ability to make last-minute configuration changes while the match is loading, and deny that to standard battlemechs (think: Mech Tech reconfiguring the weapons as the Dropship is making its orbital insertion, based on orbital scans of the battlefield), there won't be anything sufficiently special about them to offset the fixed equipment.

I like a lot of those other 'mechs, although PGI isn't going beyond 3067-ish, and any good options will have at least three or four variants that can be added to the game. (Fire Falcon has 9 options, of which they'll only pick 5. If they pick the right 5, though, then we'll be able to recreate the other 4 if we really want to, but that'll involve allowing a 25 tonner with 12 MG's). So the Koto is supposed to be a Solaris one-off, (and there are a LOT of those).

Which leaves us with newer Clan 'mechs to fill out the 25 ton options.

As for ultra-light or super-heavy, Ultra-lights will only go as fast as a locust with less armor and weapons, and Super-Heavies won't be able to go any faster than a stock Annihilator or Urbie, and so would be extremely vulnerable in this day and age of NASCAR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users