Insane Rubberbanding.

4 replies to this topic

#1 m4dhatter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:16 PM

So I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. For the last few weeks now, I get really bad rubber banding and lag warping. I have tried everything. Uninstalling steam version and using the MWO portal, closing everything, disabling malware protection, limiting games to NA only.

I am on gigabit ethernet, only have one other device streaming tv at the same time. I am hardwired to the modem with cat6 cable, I have checked for kinks in the cable. I am running a 3700x, 2070 Super, nvme ssd, 16 gb of ddr 3600 memory so I cant imagine it is system related. Just to be sure I have kept task manage on a secondary monitor and even with the game running I am not even close to taxing system resources.

Is this some sort of ongoing issue that I am unaware of? Its made this game unplayable for me.

#2 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:14 AM

When you have rubberbanding just use old ruber that will snap of. Than your mech teleports from the map and enters vallhalla.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

Probably your ISP or some routing issues. Rubberbanding is the result of packet loss.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 August 2020 - 06:39 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 August 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

Probably your ISP or some routing issues. Rubberbanding is the result of packet loss.

This^^^. And your speed does not matter if your Lamborghini (ISP) hits a potholed dirt trail for several miles/construction sites/wrecks/etc...

1. Power Options - make sure it has not been changed with the recent windows update. Should have it on High Performance
2. Reboot router and modem - and if rented and not owned, potential update from ISP changed some settings
3. Flush DNS
4. Primarily for troubleshooting - use one or two different VPN - if it is not your ISP then potentially an issue with a routing system that your connection to the servers travel through. VPN can help by redirecting that pathing.

#5 m4dhatter

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:40 AM

Awesome. Flushing the dns seems to have done it. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users