23 replies to this topic

#21 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 06 September 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

That's what the 5mgs on a VGL-2 are for. Same as the 2 UAVs, Arty strike and AMS. Unless you join a premade group, don't plan on winning. Just plan on increasing your PSR. It's a moral victory.

I do not use arty OR uavs, or any consumables at all actually.

I do use AMS whern i can fit it, but because it helps increase TTK on my teammates, not because it increases my match score. (most games you get a marginal score anyways. i average 80 missiles a game shot down when im not in my kit fox... that's what, 12 MS? it's piddling.

I've bought 2 chassis since the que merge. One is a Black Lanner. 40 wins and 30 losses over 70 games for a 1.33 winrate.
The other is a V.eagle 4 (the one that can't poptart) running a brawling loadout. 57 wins and 43 losses for a 1.33 winrate.

My stats on my other mechs with over 100 games tend to be better, but they were partially gained when qp was solo/group split rather then merged so i don't consider them relevant.

If premades were deciding all the matches, and us pug players were as helpless against them as you claim, i shouldnt be winning 33% more often then i lose.Seems like I should be breaking even at best, since it's a coin flip which team gets the premade, or it should be less then 1, because statistically im more likely to end up on the solo team getting clubbed aren't I.

Group players have ONE advantage. They are talking to each other. The cost to that is they usually aren't even attempting to communicate with the rest of their team at all.

Guess what. the game provides every pug with a way to talk to each other too. Use it, and the premade advantage magically dissapears.

Edit: deleted a bunch of rambling that i've thought better of after hitting post. I had a point but will rewrite it in a less hostile manner tomorrow when i've had some sleep. My apologies..

Edited by Deadead, 10 September 2020 - 08:43 PM.

#22 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:05 AM

Time of day dictates massively the balance of teams for me. Evening EST is a nightmare, the level of play is atrocious and I frequently see tks. I swear I got hammered by a friendly last night that took my back right down to orange structure. I recognize the good players and teams, and I almost never end up on their side. Instead the MM lumps me with eejits, again last night as Frozen started up the four player team announced they hated this map and mode, and charged right down the middle. On the other hand, mid-day EST is great - no groups, plenty of communication among players, decent map choices.

On the topic of 'Mechs, the VGL really is pretty great isn't it? It's one of my favourite chassis. There's nothing you can't do with those variants. Except the Hero is deliberately trash. PGI even went as far as to put the missile hardpoint next to the energy arm instead of the ballistic.

#23 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:58 AM

View PostDeadead, on 10 September 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

If premades were deciding all the matches, and us pug players were as helpless against them as you claim, i shouldnt be winning 33% more often then i lose.Seems like I should be breaking even at best, since it's a coin flip which team gets the premade, or it should be less then 1, because statistically im more likely to end up on the solo team getting clubbed aren't I.

Group players have ONE advantage. They are talking to each other. The cost to that is they usually aren't even attempting to communicate with the rest of their team at all.

Guess what. the game provides every pug with a way to talk to each other too. Use it, and the premade advantage magically dissapears.

Edit: deleted a bunch of rambling that i've thought better of after hitting post. I had a point but will rewrite it in a less hostile manner tomorrow when i've had some sleep. My apologies..

I suppose that's all true, with regards to premade groups that just formed 30 seconds ago and have never, ever played as a group before. I mean, let's face it, your analysis didn't take into account those groups that have played together for YEARS in the group queue or FP. Guys that set up their premade group to specifically support one another would appear to be a strength that 12 random potatoes with random builds don't have....at least one would think.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that either you never played FP as a solo, ever, or you've got the memory retention of a goldfish. Either way, this is exactly the same dynamic we saw over in FP with regard to groups and solos. So what?

I'm not complaining about it. If winning was important to me, I'd join a premade group. Just like I'd do in FP. If I can adapt to it, everyone else can, too. There are other objectives to play for besides winning. Been that way since day 1. Interesting question for all those amazing stats....how often do you pull half a million cbills on a QP loss? That's pretty much my average. Not that my k:d or any of that will show that. I'm not going for stats, I'm going for cbills. See how that works? Far less disappointment when you go for a workable goal.

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 September 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

On the topic of 'Mechs, the VGL really is pretty great isn't it? It's one of my favourite chassis. There's nothing you can't do with those variants. Except the Hero is deliberately trash. PGI even went as far as to put the missile hardpoint next to the energy arm instead of the ballistic.

I know that many players like the Vapor Eagle. I have bought a pair of those. But I have found out that one of them is efficient, but boring machine, while the other one does not fit my particular playstyle, even if on paper it looked like it should. So both are sitting in my hangar, barely used.

From some reason I have returned to my stored Hunchbacks. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users