Will There Be New Mechs In The Near Future?

25 replies to this topic

#21 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

View Postjss78, on 08 September 2020 - 03:10 AM, said:

Apparently MWO mechpacks no longer make a profit. And from a gameplay perspective, and compounded by the comparatively free customization in MWO, this game is really past the point where it NEEDS more 'mechs. Any way you could want to play this game, you already can.

I think it's interesting though if PGI, at any point, decides to model a new 'mech for MW5:M -- which I guess is a far more feasible proposition. Would they transfer the model to MWO too?

They could easily add more variants of mechs though. They also could use some IS models to make IIC mechs. Very little work could get us things like the UrbanMech IIC (see sig). I'm sure a lot of people would buy a Urbie IIC pack even if it was the IS model or that just slightly changed. Especially if they dropped the price to reflect the lower amount of work. Most light mech packs start at $15, if they re use the IS model they could set the Urbie IIc at $10 and I bet a ton of people would buy at least the base pack.

#22 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:50 PM

View Postdario03, on 08 September 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

They could easily add more variants of mechs though. They also could use some IS models to make IIC mechs. Very little work could get us things like the UrbanMech IIC (see sig). I'm sure a lot of people would buy a Urbie IIC pack even if it was the IS model or that just slightly changed. Especially if they dropped the price to reflect the lower amount of work. Most light mech packs start at $15, if they re use the IS model they could set the Urbie IIc at $10 and I bet a ton of people would buy at least the base pack.

Hmm... Did you know that there's a suggestion thread @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/249005-urbanmech-iic-clans-need-their-urbienlightenment-too-poll/ for adding the "UrbanMech IIC" to MWO's list of options? I think there are many people who have wanted the UM-IIC to come forth into MWO for quite some time. And heck, what's with PGI's lack of acknowledgement of Clan Coyote in the game? :huh:

~D. V. "You don't have to yank people to Twitter for having a crowd to support the UM-IIC's addition..." Devnull

#23 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:56 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 September 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hmm... Did you know that there's a suggestion thread @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/249005-urbanmech-iic-clans-need-their-urbienlightenment-too-poll/ for adding the "UrbanMech IIC" to MWO's list of options? I think there are many people who have wanted the UM-IIC to come forth into MWO for quite some time. And heck, what's with PGI's lack of acknowledgement of Clan Coyote in the game? Posted Image

~D. V. "You don't have to yank people to Twitter for having a crowd to support the UM-IIC's addition..." Devnull

There is a newer thread which also covers just using the IS model for ease https://mwomercs.com...-iic-mech-pack/
And getting twitter attention wouldn't hurt.

#24 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

They could put in easy stuff like the AWS-9Q... Literally mirroring the gun-arm half of our current AWS-8Q and sticking ECM on it. It can't be that hard, can it? Posted Image We should've had that variant years ago...

#25 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:14 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 11 September 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

I really want something new.

Same here... But, whatever we aim for, we need to make sure it's not something meaningless. :huh:

Heck, a super-expanded version of Canyon Network with a lot more paths to traverse would be appreciated. Or a version of Solaris City where the biggest features are several that are NOT in the Center of the game area. Or even the "UrbanMech IIC" being introduced would be good too, as it would finally allow I.S. Pilots & Clan Pilots to have the UrbanMech Duels that they've always wanted. And that's just a few ideas on the optimistic side! :)

~D. V. "just trying to think of worthwhile things to add to MWO's existence" Devnull

#26 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 10 September 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

They could put in easy stuff like the AWS-9Q... Literally mirroring the gun-arm half of our current AWS-8Q and sticking ECM on it. It can't be that hard, can it? Posted Image We should've had that variant years ago...

Problem is this would require modelling the new hardpoints unfortunately. At least I'd assume as much anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users