Novel-Related Question (Greydeath-Trilogy)

3 replies to this topic

#1 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:00 AM

Hey fellow Mechwarriors,

gotta novel-related question regarding the GreyDeath-Trilogy, since despite browsing through my printed books multiple times now, I am not able to re-find the spot providing information (year/circumstances) about the system/planet Harvest (and potentially some other systems) being handed over to Kurita by Steiner via some kind of treaty.

Checked Sarna, but could not find the information there either. May be someone is in posession of a digital copy / reader with a search function and can provide the information I am in need of without too much hassle?

Since this treaty is more or less described in a subclause only and not being elaborated further if i recall correctly, is it canon in terms of the BT-Universe?

Thanks a lot for any help / info you can provide!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 08 September 2020 - 03:01 AM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:22 AM

As far as I know, Harvest was never returned to Kurita territory after the 4th Succession War, but rather was turned over to the new FRR by Katrina Steiner. Check https://www.sarna.ne...lhague_Republic for reference.

#3 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:56 AM

The always helpful Mr. Crenshaw. Posted Image

The timeline states Harvest being conquered by the DCMS around 2841. One of the GreyDeath-Novels picks this up and mentions several other systems close to Harvest being handed over by Steiner to Kurita via some kind of treaty.

Need to know if this treaty is canon and affects the Csesztreg-System or if Kurita took the planet by force late in the 3rd Succession War (as vaguely mentioned in the StarCorps Dossiers).

"Late in the 3rd Succession War" is too vague for my little literature project. Since both systems are very close to each other, a time-wise proximity is likely, but not granted and I wanna finish the fine-tuning afap. Posted Image

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 08 September 2020 - 04:58 AM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:26 AM

ohh... you didn't specify the time frame, so I thought younger history, around the GD novels...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users